Momentary Musings.... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Momentary Musings....

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 08-20-2013, 03:41 PM   #16
Scout734
...is this real life?

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafpu View Post
On the Starbucks theme, to the woman causing the line to back up so that you can gripe incessantly to the minimum-wage barista about how Corporate needs to have more gluten-free options in the food case because you are one of three people in the region who think it is more than just a fad diet: GTFO, and take you hairy-legged, progressive, hippie bulls--t with you! Some people have actual jobs that they need to get to...

My rant excludes those that might actually have an allergic reaction to gluten, but not those who read about it in O! magazine and think they do.
thank you for the exclusion

I have to eat gluten-free but would never complain if there's nothing available at a restaurant for me to eat... I'm just happy when there is. I have recently returned from a trip to Oregon and totally get your "hairy-legged, progressive, hippie reference.

I think all the VW buses have migrated to the Oregon/Washington area... in fact, this fine specimen of an "RV" was spotted at the Vancouver, Washington Walmart ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4pMoh1wBKk&NR=1

Yellow Jeep Club member #734
Scout734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 04:12 PM   #17
Nafpu
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout734 View Post

That, right there, is an amalgamation of WTF.
What was it that brought you here?
Nafpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 08:13 PM   #18
Scout734
...is this real life?

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafpu View Post
That, right there, is an amalgamation of WTF.
What was it that brought you here?
I was visiting my best friend I've known since grade school. The area is absolutely beautiful.... I loved Mt Hood and all the nearby hiking. I visited her last year too and went to Canon Beach and the Columbia River Gorge area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4pMoh1wBKk&NR=1

Yellow Jeep Club member #734
Scout734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 09:31 PM   #19
98muddyjeep
rockin lil red wagon

1998 XJ Cherokee 

If convenience store are open 24 /7 and 365 days, why do they have locks on the doors?
Unread 08-20-2013, 09:42 PM   #20
Kuntryboy816
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98muddyjeep
If convenience store are open 24 /7 and 365 days, why do they have locks on the doors?
Preparation for the zombie apocolypse! Duh!
A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. -George Washington
Kuntryboy816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 10:46 AM   #21
Burlbook48
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Getting back into barefoot running is humbling. My legs can do it, but the soles of my feet can't.... yet. Gimmee a couple/few weeks.

At 2 AM, one out of ten drivers on the 4-lane highway behind you is either oblivious to the fact that they are driving with their brights on, or doesn't care.

One in three of those still won't pass you when you slow down to 38 MPH in the slow lane, but boy do they seemed pissed.

When driving at 2 AM, one out of three drivers is over the limit on alcohol.

When driving at 2 AM, you get to see a lot of Darwin Candidates... and some of them win.

The cat can still land on her feet.
Unread 08-22-2013, 11:33 PM   #22
phitmein
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Burl, you may have never had a Manx but I got one as a young teen and since she was a she I had more over the years .

A Manx is no tailed or a stubby bobtailed cat with longer back legs than most and trust me when I say they can not climb down trees right or land on their feet very often .

It's a balance thingy I think ?

Manx are said to have come from the Ilse's of Man .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manx_(cat)

Very cool cats and my favorite ones .

Turkish Vans are very cool too and they like to swim and are kinda big and bada$$ .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_Van

If I decide I want a cat again it will be a Manx as first choice .

I would also be interesting, to breed the two together, for me only but it is very,very hard to get a Van that is not fixed .

Their breeding is controled big time .
phitmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2013, 10:12 AM   #23
bhikku
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I hate cats but Manx is a pretty damn cool motorcycle.
Utah Jeep Crew #152
US Navy 04-08
bhikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2013, 11:15 AM   #24
Burlbook48
1995 YJ Wrangler 

The Manx is also a very cool (and the original) Dune Buggy.

Phit, I don't mind the cat, this one is cool. She's not even afraid of the vacuum, and regularly brings home birds she caught. But she is LOUD. LOL We found her as a stray, literally two steps from death, and nursed her back to health, and has been the bestest cat I've ever known (speaking as a true DOG guy, as in Akita, I've had three... think of a wolf on steroids). But I think there is some Siamese in her heritage. (recall "Lady and the Tramp")

Musings.... The closure of the Bay Bridge (S.F to Oakland) for 5 days due to reconstruction next week is going to bring the suck in next week's Bay Area driving. Even at 2 AM.

People who pave roads have no idea how uneven surfaces affect tractor/duel trailer rigs.

The full moon reflecting of the S.F. bay at midnight is quite beautiful.

People shooting others for no reason other than they are "bored"... Public execution is not in vogue in America. Bummer.
Unread 08-23-2013, 08:24 PM   #25
95ZeeJay
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The Robinson family sells so much crap at WalMart they probably don't need to make duck calls any more. Most of their shwag is made in China, BTW.
52 Willys CJ3a: stock-ish (his)**95 ZJ Laredo 4.0: removable doors, longarm, 8.8 rear, leaks, squeaks, dents, dings, etc (ours)**03 TJ Rubicon: longarm, body lift, 33" Duratracs- SOLD**05 LJ Rubicon: stock (MINE!)
95ZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 08:21 PM   #26
Burlbook48
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Replacing the fuel pump and sending unit assembly today in my K3500 Crew-Cab4x4 by myself is a handful. Not complicated, just awkward. Glad I was able to run the tank down to just a couple gallons before this job.

Sipping a good micro-brew last night while seasoning some new/old cast iron pans in the fire-pit is.... relaxing. Heck, I may do it all over again tonight---
--- just because.

The grass is always greener before you mow it.

China makes crappy T-shirts, but those crappy T-shirts make great shop rags. Way to go, China!

We are losing too many members of the Greatest Generation to natural causes to lose any more to cowardly punks who pick on the old and the weak. Which of us doesn't wish we happened to be sitting in the car next to that old man's so we could defend him?
Unread 08-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #27
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

It annoys me how my parents generation always says the current generation is horrible and ****ty. Can't blame us, they're the generation that raised us.

Colbert 2016!
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.