MN law & doors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > MN law & doors

New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-25-2002, 11:12 AM   #1
Dakota

MN law & doors

Does anyone know the Minnesota law regarding driving on the street with fabric doors?

How about with no doors?

Unread 04-25-2002, 11:27 AM   #2
rollmeover

try checking with your local AAA or DMV...In ohio, As long a you have at least one mirror out side, nobody says much...In fact not may cops care about the mirror either.
[SIZE=1] 318 - 5.2L, Flowmaster Delta 50[/SIZE]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Silver]--- 00 limited WJ ---[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
[SIZE=1] 287 - 4.7L, sotck for now! new purchase![/SIZE]
rollmeover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2002, 12:31 PM   #3
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I know that in most parts of Canada, the laws state that the vehicle must have the mirrors and tops and doors in place, if they are part of the manufacture specs. Jeeps have the doors, mirrors and tops as options, so Jeepers can get away without the mirrors and doors and such. I personally find having the mirrors on the sides usefull when zipping down the freeway
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2002, 05:34 AM   #4
4wheeler4CJ

I have never been hassled nor have I ever heard of anyone getting hassled about not having doors here in the Northeast. Most of us long-time Jeepers up here never have any doors on 9 months of the year, LOL. [Wink]
4wheeler4CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2002, 02:50 PM   #5
mozz

Here in New Jersey I donít know anybody that has been harassed for not having doors on the jeep. I know the windshield has to be up.
Hedman Fenderwell headers
4WD Fiberglass Body
4" lift W/ 35" BF Goodrich AT
Pioneer CD player W/ Pioneer 200 watt amp Ė 10 in. sub speaker box Shoved behind rear seat for now (Till I can make a permanent box)
mozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2002, 03:58 PM   #6
4wheeler4CJ

Yeh, I have driven with it down, but I do know it is illegal here not to have one. Not too pleasant anyways, going down the highway at 65MPH without one! (The frame was at the glass shop getting new glass, LOL!)
4wheeler4CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2002, 08:34 PM   #7
puddle jumper

After taking full steel doors off my rig for the first time and headin out for a cruize, I realized, when I attempted to pass a slower vehicle on the interstate, my mirrors were attached to my doors in my garage. [Eek!] Asked a local trooper friend about this. The mirror is a must in PA. but the doors could stay in the garage. Which brings up this question, why does my Islander have mirrors on the doors while every other wrangler I see has hinge mounted mirrors? I am buying aftermarket mirrors to solve this situation, but have unsightly holes in my doors where the OE mirrors were attached.

86 CJ-7

At the body shop for resto
Waiting for Mods
PICS to come
puddle jumper is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.