Military Boots - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Military Boots

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-28-2010, 08:04 PM   #16
wvusoldier217
2005 TJ Wrangler 

danner arcadia are the ****! i just paid $250 for them and after only 2 weeks of walking around in them they are as comfy as my bates which have litterally 100's of miles on them. bates have served me well, but if you have the cash spring for the danner TFX or the Arcadia!!!

2005 TJ rubi, 4" tera flex, 1.5" bl, 1.5" ml, 35" bfg km1,tnt tube fenders, warn fb with 9.5Ti and synthetic line, warn silders, custom rb/ tc, volant intake/snorkel, banks cb exhaust, edge chip & tb, cromoly shafts, viking top.

"War is and ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made so and kept so by the exertions of better men than him!” ~John Stuart Mills
wvusoldier217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2010, 08:27 PM   #17
nwiTJdave

i gotta go with danner on this one. but to each his own. oh and dont get gortex for warm weather boots the ywill make your feet sweet even worse.

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2010, 08:48 PM   #18
rick_rob
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I know about the gortex boots cause thats all i have down here right now, When i left Bragg a month ago, i had my house hold good's shipped out in the beginning of December and they said my stuff would be here when i got here. I went to the transportation office down here and of coarse they won't be here till the end of March early April. I'm cant decide between the Arcadia's and the TFX's.
rick_rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2010, 05:44 PM   #19
lrsmithwhaley
1991 XJ Cherokee 

I have a pair of danners and they are amazing boots. They are waterproof and very comfortable. While everyone else is whining about their feet hurting, mine aren't.
Original Rust Jeep Club Member #2
Green Jeep Club Member #183
Air Force Jeep Club #76
lrsmithwhaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2010, 03:21 AM   #20
Curlee
US Army 19D

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I had altimas through most of Iraq. I was a dismount for about 3 months and did tons of walking. They were very comfortable, and in 140+ weather, they stayed relatively cool. The only problem I had, was that the sneaker like sole wore out much quicker than other boots.

BUT IMHO no boot Ive worn was much better than the other at keeping the feet cool VS being cost effective and lasting a decent amount of time. Ive seen guys buy the jump boots with mostly mesh and the just literally fell apart. Sure their feet were cooler than mine, but they had to buy a second or third set of boots. Yet, the issue boots that we received would last all through Iraq, and they were free. I found it better to just find some comfortable boots, and get used to my feet sweating and smelling awful.

Wheelers for the wounded Great cause, check it out
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=320753688

A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.
- Thomas Jefferson
Curlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2010, 07:00 AM   #21
wvusoldier217
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Don't know ur finances but I can tell u like I said earlier those Arcadia's are worth every penny. And the hot weather ones arnt as expensive. Lapolicegear.com has decent prices and the come with some nice danner socks and free shipping.
2005 TJ rubi, 4" tera flex, 1.5" bl, 1.5" ml, 35" bfg km1,tnt tube fenders, warn fb with 9.5Ti and synthetic line, warn silders, custom rb/ tc, volant intake/snorkel, banks cb exhaust, edge chip & tb, cromoly shafts, viking top.

"War is and ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made so and kept so by the exertions of better men than him!” ~John Stuart Mills
wvusoldier217 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.