Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Meteor shower

2K views 44 replies 24 participants last post by  ChewyXJ 
#1 ·
So I heard there is supposed to be a pretty good meteor shower tonight from 12am to 5am. I'm in Florence, South Carolina. Anyone know any more details or if I'll be able to see it. I've never seen a meteor shower before and would really like to see it.

#8 ·
you'll see the most meteors during those times, but you can see them all night long. some of the coolest looking ones will happen from dusk to midnight, when perseus is low in the sky. As the constellation rises so does the radiant and more meteors will be visible. Kinda a bummer cuz the moon will be rising with the radiant and the glare will make it harder to see the shower.

#6 ·
wow, its supposed to be t-storming all night. awesome.

#11 ·
The news said northeast skies here in STL from midnight - 5am, I'm working all night so I'll be taking frequent breaks :2thumbsup:

#16 ·
really busy tonight at work, but I'm going to try and go out in half an hour.

#33 ·
Yep.

I'm in Myrtle Beach and couldn't see a darn thing.

#25 ·
I've been going in an out all night since 10:45 and have seen....one.

The shooting star I saw was much more interesting. I'm a bit disappointed with the shower(or lack there of).

#26 ·
just went out, and its mostly clear here, didn't see anything

#27 ·
Went out at midnight for 10 minutes, nothing. Went out at 2am for 10 minutes, nothing. I'm going to try again at 3am and then if I don't see one on the way home then screw it. I think the parking lot lights are making it harder for me to see them here at work. :mad:

#31 ·
Nothing yet here, I must not be able to see them for the lights. Maybe on the way home, there's some pretty dark stretches of road :dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.