merry freakin Christmas - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > merry freakin Christmas

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 12-09-2009, 05:38 PM   #76
vindicated
Did you miss me?

2006 TJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=Terrible2;8445046]QUOTE]

This is why California needs to legalize concealed carry. Everyone would be affraid of everyone else. Although, I guess that isn't entirely accurate as Alaska is a concealed carry state and they have a TON of crime. Hmmmm.

vindicated is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2009, 05:48 PM   #77
Terrible2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

You sure on Alaska having a ton of crime? never heard of Alaska referred to as the Ghetto, heck ive never heard someone say "dang its as dangerous as Anchorage" Maybe it was by per capita the numbers you saw with no relation to land mass?
Terrible2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2009, 05:58 PM   #78
vindicated
Did you miss me?

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrible2 View Post
You sure on Alaska having a ton of crime? never heard of Alaska referred to as the Ghetto, heck ive never heard someone say "dang its as dangerous as Anchorage" Maybe it was by per capita the numbers you saw with no relation to land mass?
True. I think the number is high due to population/crime. The ratio was really high. But I found this....
Crime Rates Los Angeles, California Anchorage, Alaska
Violent Crime 7 6
Property Crime 6 6

The crime indices range 1-10. A higher number corresponds with more crime. Our crime rates are based on FBI data.

So I guess it is a little safer than LA but not much.
Unread 12-09-2009, 06:09 PM   #79
Terrible2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

kinda crazy. call in the APD! do you know how they go those numbers though?
Terrible2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2009, 06:31 PM   #80
green89yj
1989 YJ Wrangler 

You said you started a SW thread right?
WTS: 4.2 parts. Fuel lines, pump, block, head, accessories, just ask
green89yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2009, 06:56 PM   #81
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedavidfield View Post
Although, I guess that isn't entirely accurate as Alaska is a concealed carry state and they have a TON of crime. Hmmmm.
Alaska does not have a ton of crime. Our "bad stats" come from the villages, which are off the road system and are pretty much lawless societies of drunken child molesters and wife beaters. The VAST MAJORITY of DV and rape cases in Anchorage are "natives" who relocate here from the villages and bring their "native traditions" to the city.

If you compare the crime rate in someplace like Anchorage, Fairbanks or Juneau with a similar sized city, I think we will compare favourably.

For Anchorage specifically - we have a lot of domestic violence and rape - most of which is fueled by alcohol. Not much in the way of property crime, relative to the nation as a whole. Robbery is a lot less than national average. Burglary is less, car thefts are a lot less. But, as the charge shows, we're above average on arson - probably just people trying to stay warm.

I think concealed carry (and you do not even need to have a permit at all) is helpful here. Most of the violence that goes down is as described above, or one dirt bag gang banger wanna be inflicting violence on another of his kind. Not much of it heading to the private citizen, since people in Alaska are much more well armed the average.
screen-shot-2009-12-09-3.59.44-pm.png  
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2009, 07:16 PM   #82
vindicated
Did you miss me?

2006 TJ Wrangler 

^^^ Right on I agree with you. I never lived there so I can only speculate based on numbers. I was trying to find a comparison chart like yours. I knew I saw that somewhere. And you are far better off it seems than LA or Riverside. I have Southern Caliofornia and it sucks. It seems like some guy is killing his family or raping someone every other day here. It bugs. There was a home invasion two streets down from me just a little while back. I would like to live in Alaska though. :-)
Unread 12-09-2009, 07:22 PM   #83
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
It seems like some guy is killing his family or raping someone every other day here.
I know this is going to sound harsh - but frankly, people killing their own families and beating up their own family members really doesn't bother me much. These kinds of people are not really likely to bother others. Its the random/stranger crime that is a concern for me.
Unread 12-09-2009, 07:48 PM   #84
rmb2485
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboarder View Post
I know this is going to sound harsh - but frankly, people killing their own families and beating up their own family members really doesn't bother me much. These kinds of people are not really likely to bother others. Its the random/stranger crime that is a concern for me.
I don't know about that, but as far as I'm concerned idiot gang member killing other idiot gang members is a good thing. So are idiot drunk drivers killing themselves. Etc, etc...
rmb2485 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2009, 07:52 PM   #85
mcurcio1989
1976 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrible2 View Post
Yea its worth it to find out. if theyre going to shoot you then theyd be out trying to kill you. Most people severely hesitate when it comes to shooting someone, we arent killers you know. Most of us are pretty passive and like to avoid confrontation. But also thats why I said make a ruckus and not go up to them and tap them
Very true i hesitate to shoot a ground hog. However if i saw anyone trying to steal my jeep i would definitely not have a problem shooting. Same as if someone was in my house and putting my family in danger. I value my jeep or my family more than i do a criminal. Most cars i would not say that but with a heavily modded vehicle it is really irreplaceable.

I have a dana 30 front axle and amc 20 rear if anyone is looking. Both are 3.54, drums, narrowtrack.
mcurcio1989 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2009, 11:39 PM   #86
Ricochet88
1993 ZJ 

well im glad you got your jeep back justin! it could have been alot worse

R.I.P. TROY EDWARDS "bigbluezj94"
Ricochet88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2009, 11:49 PM   #87
mattiacono
2003 TJ Wrangler 

ya justin sorry to hear that but its good you got it back and its good you didnt have the mods we had been talking about or else they would be gone too. theres always an open seat in my jeep though
mattiacono is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2009, 12:57 AM   #88
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedavidfield View Post
^^^ Right on I agree with you. I never lived there so I can only speculate based on numbers. I was trying to find a comparison chart like yours. I knew I saw that somewhere. And you are far better off it seems than LA or Riverside. I have Southern Caliofornia and it sucks. It seems like some guy is killing his family or raping someone every other day here. It bugs. There was a home invasion two streets down from me just a little while back. I would like to live in Alaska though. :-)
FWIW - Just heard this statistic on TV tonight - over 90% of Alaskans own at least one gun.

Yes indeed - an armed society is a polite society (:
Unread 12-10-2009, 01:23 AM   #89
04WJchick
2004 WJ 

Our city is always in the top 5 (we just this year dropped out of the #1 spot thankfully) for crime...
America's top 5 most dangerous cities - MSN Real Estate

It sucks having to watch your back/vehicle every second.. I hope you find the losers who stole your Jeep..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windowsrookie View Post
According to the new Jeep commercials, Wranglers are for women after they get their hair done at the salon.
04WJchick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2009, 01:27 AM   #90
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04WJchick View Post
Our city is always in the top 5 (we just this year dropped out of the #1 spot thankfully) for crime...
All that country music is enough to turn anyone into a crazed killer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.