merry freakin Christmas - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > merry freakin Christmas

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 12-08-2009, 10:08 PM   #61
MisterO

im glad they found it and i hope nothing to terrible!

MisterO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2009, 10:26 PM   #62
_Yeti_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Also glad it was found. Keep in mind, stripped to the police may not be as bad as stripped to a jeeper. Maybe they took the doors and top. Sucks but would be easy to replace. Post pictures when you get it.

Hopefully this will work out for you, instead of returning it to the way it was taken you could make it better.
Unread 12-09-2009, 01:53 PM   #63
MisterO

any news..? pix???
MisterO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2009, 02:07 PM   #64
coolens98TJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have my fingers crossed for you man! Scumbags need to keep there hands off of whats not theres.

[SIZE="4"]SUPPORT JF[/SIZE]
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f6/support-jeepforum-equipment-drive-963790/[/url]
coolens98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2009, 04:17 PM   #65
vindicated
Did you miss me?

2006 TJ Wrangler 

dUDE! what's the news? Pics?
vindicated is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2009, 04:44 PM   #66
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

well, i got it from the impound lot in compton today over to the shop we deal with a lot in long beach. they took off the doors, hard top, and cd player. steering column is busted, as well as part of the dash from them ripping the cd player out. the interior got SOAKED because it was pouring here on monday. there was a good 3" of standing water on all the carpet and the seats were still damp. really, it could have been a lot worse. they didnt go after my cb or antenna (although they did unscrew the antenna from the mount..never knowing it has a quick disconnect on it), or any of the engine parts/drivetrain. it has a brand new, maybe about 1 month old, catalytic converter and exhause system that got replaced from my accident. the key hole on the tailgate is busted and all dented up, but it was still locked when i tried to open it. the back seat is ripped where the button is to tumble it.

all in all, it could have been a lot worse. it still royally sucks balls though. i took a pic but its nothing really. just imagine a blue lj with no top or doors. you see that all the time on here.

****ers.
Unread 12-09-2009, 05:01 PM   #67
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Well, that sucks ***. New hard top top and doors is at least, what, $4000? +$1000 for the steering column & labour, +$1000 for dash and head unit, $1000 for rear key hole and related things, $500 for the seat - $7500+ total? At least?
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2009, 05:05 PM   #68
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

yea.. and its really odd. they took off my 4" LA lift, tube fenders, 37s, and locked rock jock 60s, and replaced it with all stock stuff? strange.

haha, i wish!

but really though the top and doors alone would go for easily 2000 on craigslist. i'm keeping a check on craigslist and ebay. the top would be easy to spot, it has a modified XJ roof rack on it.
Unread 12-09-2009, 05:09 PM   #69
Terrible2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

how much is your insurance going to cover ya? look on craigslist for your hard top im sure theyre selling it
Terrible2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2009, 05:11 PM   #70
rmb2485
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrible2 View Post
rmb I dont really think a thief would pull a pistol out of his pocket and shoot you if you make a ruckus and tell him to get away from your car. His purpose is to steal your car not to kill you and he would more than likely run away unless you have some jewels stashed in your car. Personally I wouldnt walk right up to a thief id just make a ruckus and have him go away.
Maybe a car thief is willing to shoot you, maybe he isn't. Do you really think its worth it to find out? That's why we have insurance.

In high school, my Civic was broken into three times in my driveway in the middle of the night. The first times the alarm scared them off and I had to replace a window. The second time the alarm scared them off and they had jimmied the door open, so I didn't have to replace anything. The third time they decided to stick around, and I clocked the one guy with a nine iron instead of letting him steal maybe $200 worth of stereo equipment. Looking back on that third time, knocking the guy out was not worth the risk of being shot or stabbed or whatever / having the two other *******s jump me / being sued / etc.

Two friends of mine in high school had almost identical Civics to mine, and neither of them had alarms. Both of their cars were stolen from their driveways in the middle of the night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrible2 View Post
Alarms I agree with you that they are effective if you tune them properly but I would still cut my horn. It still flashes the lights and has the repetitive blinking LED light which would silently warn the thief that your car is armed.
If you disconnect the siren you have no chance of scaring them off with the alarm. Using my experience discussed above as a basis, you've just decreased the effectiveness of your alarm from 66% to 0%.
rmb2485 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2009, 05:13 PM   #71
rmb2485
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hmm...if they took the top and doors they are more than just idiot kids out steeling cars, they know Jeeps.
rmb2485 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2009, 05:18 PM   #72
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb2485 View Post
Maybe a car thief is willing to shoot you, maybe he isn't. Do you really think its worth it to find out? That's why we have insurance.
No, that's why you shoot first and dispose of the body later.
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2009, 05:21 PM   #73
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

thats the thing, jeeps arent hot cars really around here.. especially in compton. the fact that its an unlimited and they took the top makes me wonder. the doors would fit any tj but the top has to be an lj..

either way, i'll be getting a new top out of it. but now i gotta drag my *** back to the junkyard, find another decent xj rack, and work on it again to get it to the new hardtop. i just did that about a month back!

friday i meet with the insurance adjuster (i hate these *******s) and go from there.
Unread 12-09-2009, 05:33 PM   #74
Terrible2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb2485 View Post

In high school, my Civic was broken into three times in my driveway in the middle of the night. The first times the alarm scared them off and I had to replace a window. The second time the alarm scared them off and they had jimmied the door open, so I didn't have to replace anything. The third time they decided to stick around, and I clocked the one guy with a nine iron instead of letting him steal maybe $200 worth of stereo equipment. Looking back on that third time, knocking the guy out was not worth the risk of being shot or stabbed or whatever / having the two other *******s jump me / being sued / etc.

Two friends of mine in high school had almost identical Civics to mine, and neither of them had alarms. Both of their cars were stolen from their driveways in the middle of the night.

If you disconnect the siren you have no chance of scaring them off with the alarm. Using my experience discussed above as a basis, you've just decreased the effectiveness of your alarm from 66% to 0%.

Yea its worth it to find out. if theyre going to shoot you then theyd be out trying to kill you. Most people severely hesitate when it comes to shooting someone, we arent killers you know. Most of us are pretty passive and like to avoid confrontation. But also thats why I said make a ruckus and not go up to them and tap them on the shoulder. If you start hollering or something theyre going to run away theres no need to close the distance between you 2.

And no you have not decreased it to 0%, like I said my headlights still flash and it lets the intruder know that the alarms going off, so he'll either stay and risk it or he'll leave. Fortunately if youre in range youll be notified via your pager and you can go scare him off. Theres a chance youve decreased the effectiveness of your alarm, but the effectiveness of your alarm also decrease with the amount of false alarms you get.

Im pretty sure we'll never see eye to eye on this, but ive had my car broken into and stuff stolen too, if it hadnt been for my kill switch I wouldve been left carless especially since i wasnt covered for theft at that time. But heck dont leave valuables in your car, and the biggest $ amount they can steal is the car itself, with the club and kill switch youve taken down their chances alot.
Terrible2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2009, 05:35 PM   #75
vindicated
Did you miss me?

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Dude, that sucks man. It still sucks about the gifts. I hope your insurance doesn't go up because of the theft. If I see your doors or top on craigslist I will buy them and aim at the middle, if you catch my drift. :-)
vindicated is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.