merry freakin Christmas - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > merry freakin Christmas

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 12-07-2009, 07:14 PM   #46
Terrible2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

The reason I disconnected my horn was because it falsed alot (I think or someone was really breaking in) but also my stupid idiot friend would keep setting it off on purpose because he knew it pissed me off.

I seriously would say dont install a horn in the car, just get the 2 way pager so that youre alerted with the motion sensor. If that cell phone idea works thats great just make sure that it isnt on vibrate or ring.

Terrible2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2009, 09:05 PM   #47
Taco88yj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

dude this sucks. ive never had a car or jeep stolen. but this thread makes me want to up my insurance.
Taco88yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2009, 09:31 PM   #48
tripleplay103
2006 LJ Wrangler 

i want an alarm that will project a javelin from the steering wheel into the intruders face. I believe that would do justice.

After many of times finding my glove box open and papers thrown about. I purchased a two way alarm and only have the warning sound hooked up. The proximity sensor is hooked up and set to go off when you stand within a foot of the vehicle over 3 seconds. It works well although cats have set it off, i dont mind since it doesnt scream wolf. It also notifies me so Remington and I can get some target practice with the rubberball shot.

(I'd rather knock em down then beat their *** personally)
tripleplay103 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2009, 02:31 AM   #49
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

castle law sounds sweet. too bad we dont have that (that im aware of) and it didnt happen on our property.

could someone show me the direction to these alarms that have a pager that goes off? is it like something you keep on your key chain and it alerts you when something is going on? that sounds waaaaay better than an alarm to me. i dont know where to even begin searching for that though.

we're definitely doing a fuel pump kill switch though.
Unread 12-08-2009, 02:36 AM   #50
Terrible2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I think all the new alarms come with it, prestige, viper, clifford. just look up 2 way pager. Its basically like your typical alarm on your key chain but now theres a picture of a car. Pretty cool but they also hook up the horn which I would tell them to install but just cut yourself. or put a switch in it so you can switch the horn on and off.

Prestige XR9000 by Audiovox Car Alarms Car Security & Safety Car Security, Parts & Performance - Sonic Electronix
Unread 12-08-2009, 02:44 AM   #51
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

awesome thanks. i'll definitely be checking this stuff out. ohhh i could only imagine having the pager tell me that the SILENT alarm is going off, and sneaking up on the bastard.

ugh.. i just want my jeep back. or a check for the value and a nice rubi LJ for sale for around the same price!
Unread 12-08-2009, 09:47 AM   #52
90SaharaJeep

Any update from the cops yet??
90SaharaJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2009, 10:11 AM   #53
workinprogress
Children's books?

I have a shock sensor on my car that barely ever falsely goes off. A guy a couple houses down will sit there and rev his bike for ten minutes straight and it won't go off. You can tune those to be less sensitive and mine is tuned so if you break a window it will go off. It also has a starter kill switch so if the alarm does go off the car won't start. Good luck, I hope it all works out for you.
Merry Wacko Jeep club member #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith
Dear workinprogress,

Ye barely know each other but is it me you're looking for? Cause I wonder where you are and I wonder what you do. Are you somewhere feeling lonely or is someone loving you?
workinprogress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2009, 10:47 AM   #54
drgonzo92
2003 WJ 

Sucks to see this happen. Hopefully they catch them and somehow you and your girls Xmas turns around.

My brother in law has 2 of these alarms. Great product.

Compustar.com - Makers of the Finest Remote Starts and Security Systems
drgonzo92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2009, 11:36 AM   #55
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

still no update from the cops. i have so much **** to do today for this problem...and im stuck waiting in jury duty. i've got some bad karma from something. damn..
Unread 12-08-2009, 08:38 PM   #56
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

sweet, i got out of jury duty.

and, while i was there, i got a call from the long beach police department telling me LAPD recovered the jeep in...........COMPTON. i didnt get to see it, and the cops couldnt give me a description of it based on their computer file, but the damage report said "damaged/stripped." the impound yard in the heart of ****ing compton was closed so i couldnt see it. tomorrow im having insurance pick it up and bring it to a body shop here, hell if im driving out to ghetto land again. as soon as we pulled up (not knowing the lot was closed), the damn guy working there was like "na dawg we closed you're too late turn around! turn around!" i ****ing HATE compton/lynnwood/inglewood/watts that whole **** hole area.

poor jeep. i wonder how bad she is. at least it was recovered. the cop said chances are they'll never find out who did it. thats what really pisses me off.
Unread 12-08-2009, 09:01 PM   #57
XJ_Renegade
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgramann View Post
Summit I think sells battery cutoff switches. I would connect it to the starter wire or fuel pump wire. This way, the jeeps memory isn't reset every time you disconnect.
I never thought about connecting a battery killer to the starter cable...Good idea.

Punk, hope like hell she's not too bad off.
Unread 12-08-2009, 09:06 PM   #58
mcurcio1989
1976 CJ7 

I have had nightmares of my jeep being stripped. I just wake up so depressed. That sucks man hopefully some good will come out of this situation.

As far as the alarm. Most companies have two way. You have two options. Have it professionally installed or install it yourself. If it is professionally installed it will come with a warranty. Which is cool but if you unhook the horn it will be void so that's no good. Also there gonna put the brain under your hood which is not good. You want that thing somewhere that is unreachable. I would recommend taking the time to wire it yourself. That way you can have it exactly how you want. Doing it yourself means you have to know what all the wires in your harness are. This can be tricky unless you find a right up or have a good diagram.

I have a dana 30 front axle and amc 20 rear if anyone is looking. Both are 3.54, drums, narrowtrack.
mcurcio1989 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2009, 09:34 PM   #59
rmb2485
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Alarms are effective, and if you tune it properly you won't get false alarms. Mine has a two zone motion sensor (warn and alarm), two zone shock sensor and glass break sensor and the only false alarms I ever get are during thunderstorms when the thunder shakes the ground. I love the warn feature; it beeps three times and is set to warn if you walk within a few inches of the Jeep, which lets a would-be thief know that there is an alarm before he actually breaks in.

I don't have the pager, mostly because I'd rather have the Jeep stolen then get shot by some idiot thief with no regard for anything but himself while I'm running out to my Jeep screaming at him to stop trying to steal it. Its fun to talk about catching a thief red handed and beating the **** out of them, and I actually did just that in high school (4am, in my driveway, 9-iron to the side of the head, and yes it was very satisfying), but its really not worth the risk and I wouldn't do it again.
rmb2485 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2009, 10:00 PM   #60
Terrible2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

rmb I dont really think a thief would pull a pistol out of his pocket and shoot you if you make a ruckus and tell him to get away from your car. His purpose is to steal your car not to kill you and he would more than likely run away unless you have some jewels stashed in your car. Personally I wouldnt walk right up to a thief id just make a ruckus and have him go away.

Alarms I agree with you that they are effective if you tune them properly but I would still cut my horn. It still flashes the lights and has the repetitive blinking LED light which would silently warn the thief that your car is armed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.