merry freakin Christmas - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > merry freakin Christmas

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 12-07-2009, 12:17 PM   #31
Terrible2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Lojacks are awesome and they will end up paying themselves back over a couple of years on the discounts you get on insurance but theyre expensive up front.

Also proximity alarms are known to false alot, so if you do get one or a motion sensor make sure you get a good one, itll save you the headache of your alarm always going off.

Terrible2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2009, 12:22 PM   #32
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

yea.. i'd rather not do an alarm anyways. kill switch and a lo jack are what i would want.

but for now im not worrying about that, im worrying about where the hell my jeep is.
Unread 12-07-2009, 12:29 PM   #33
opiv
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep_punk View Post
yea.. i'd rather not do an alarm anyways. kill switch and a lo jack are what i would want.

but for now im not worrying about that, im worrying about where the hell my jeep is.
I hope you get it back unharmed. It is crazy that someone could break in and get it started up that quickly.
Unread 12-07-2009, 12:30 PM   #34
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

its crazy that i was less than 200 feet away inside the store and they were right behind me when i got out of my jeep. ohhhhh how i wish i forgot something in my jeep and went back to it 2 1/2 minutes after i got out.
Unread 12-07-2009, 03:42 PM   #35
minimodes89
1998 ZJ 

that sucks man, hope it all works out for you

Penn State Alum:Industrial Engineering
minimodes89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2009, 04:21 PM   #36
Big_Fisch
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy90 View Post
I can't believe no one said it yet

Maybe because it's too easy, getting old, and waaaaaaay played out. Seriously.

http://thesportsaffiliate.com/wp-con...0907-ufc88.gif
Big_Fisch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2009, 04:26 PM   #37
theducksguts
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I would recommend a fuel cutoff switch somewhere. They would have to know where it is to steal your rig then. It would start and get about 20 feet and stall.

Check out my Classifieds
theducksguts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2009, 04:41 PM   #38
vindicated
Did you miss me?

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Isn't there a fuse you can take out?

EDIT: I am scared now.
vindicated is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2009, 05:00 PM   #39
mgramann
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Summit I think sells battery cutoff switches. I would connect it to the starter wire or fuel pump wire. This way, the jeeps memory isn't reset every time you disconnect.
mgramann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2009, 05:17 PM   #40
_Kevin
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Alarm wise, would it be possible to hook up a pressure sensor like some vehicles have now that tell your passenger to put his seatbelt on? My mom's Tahoe has a sensor in the seat and it can tell whenever someone is sitting in it. If they don't have their seatbelt on, then a light comes on, and it beeps. I was thinking something like that could work if you hook it up to your driver and passenger seats, then it alerts you like the house alarm whenever someone trips them? atm I have a kill switch in mine which I believe is hooked up to the battery (PO had it installed)

That reallys sucks though, good luck with the insurance claim. I'm pretty paranoid about my Jeep getting snatched, and have been using the kill switch wherever I go, and I'm thinking about installing a second, and even an alarm which would notify me. I figure if I can slow them down 15 minutes from stealing my Jeep, and have it notify me, I can get there in enough time to have to call 911 for an ambulance for the poor sap.

And if you get enough money back from insurance I'm sure you can hook this up to an alarm:

[yt]LQbHnLSasfQ[/yt]

Or, you know, you could go a little less extreme (extremely awesome, that is)
[yt]hSbjgXbDUzo[/yt]

[QUOTE=JeepinSurprise;10042634]Did you really think you were getting a cushy/dry ride when you bought a vehicle with DRAINS on the inside?!?![/QUOTE]
_Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2009, 05:29 PM   #41
Terrible2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

you can get the pressure sensors in the seats but thats pricey
Terrible2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2009, 05:49 PM   #42
mcurcio1989
1976 CJ7 

Quote:
whats the castle law? if its what im hoping it is i wish we had it.

im thinking a kill switch now would be a good idea..and this makes me want lo jack even more. alarms around here dont really do ****. everyone hears them and doesnt do a damn thing except for get annoyed and wonder why the owner isnt shutting it up. the proximity ones are cool though and i wouldnt mind one, especially for when the top is off.
Castle law means that if someone is on your property against your wil and you feel threatened by this person you can use whatever force you deam necessary to unsure your security. Ie. shoot him and its legal. Google jow horn.

Okay i want to stress this Alarms cry wolf when they go off to much. That is why i said replace the shock sensor with a good motion sensor. Shock sensors are what generally cause alarms to go off when you don't want a good motion sensor will go off only when someone is moving in the vehicle. Also this is why i said a two way alarm. You do not have to rely on people to scare of this thief because when he triggers you alarm your controller will start beeping and flashing.

I have a dana 30 front axle and amc 20 rear if anyone is looking. Both are 3.54, drums, narrowtrack.
mcurcio1989 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2009, 05:56 PM   #43
mcurcio1989
1976 CJ7 

Quote:

Alarms are very effective just make sure you don't use sensors that are going to cry wolf. Again i explained how to do cheap lo jack. Have you looked at how much it costs to use lo jack? You buy a boost mobile phone or some cheap pay as you go phone. This costs like 50 dollars. Hide it in your headliner or something. Make it so the phone is always on and hardwire the charger to your car. So someone steals your car. There is a number that comes with the phone to activate it. You call this number and it will activate the phone then you can have the phone company find where the phone is. Say you lost it. This is cheap lo jack and it works. Lots of people do this.

Detering a thief involves two things drawing attention to the vehicle and slowing them down. Alarms draw attention while the kill switches slow them down. A switch is a really good tool but it is far more effective when a thief has a siren going off. oh yeah thats another good one. Put a siren inside the vehicle. Really hard to focus when that';s going off in your ear.

I read some more posts and it sound like your definitely against the siren. So maybe just put the siren inside your cab if not that definitely use the pager either way.

I have a dana 30 front axle and amc 20 rear if anyone is looking. Both are 3.54, drums, narrowtrack.
mcurcio1989 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2009, 06:15 PM   #44
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

I just LOVE listening to peoples' ****ing car alarms going off at 2am. Every morning. I wish everyone had one.
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2009, 06:28 PM   #45
WCoon
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboarder View Post
I just LOVE listening to peoples' ****ing car alarms going off at 2am. Every morning. I wish everyone had one.
Mine was so annoying I just stopped using it. On my new truck I'm going to get on of those two-way ones with a 2 mile range. I can't stand getting my cars broken into or crap stolen/vandalized. Those people need to be punished severely!
WCoon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.