merry freakin Christmas - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > merry freakin Christmas

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 12-06-2009, 09:05 PM   #16
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Maybe this will work in your favor. Once a vehicle sustains a heavy impact, it's never quite the same and that is kind of like what it sounds like happened to you. So, this may be a chance to get something new or different or what have you. I know it sucks. I a just trying to put a positive spin this.

Unread 12-06-2009, 10:00 PM   #17
Ricochet88
1993 ZJ 

holy crap justin that sucks!! ill def keep my eyes peeled for your jeep i hope you find it dude!

R.I.P. TROY EDWARDS "bigbluezj94"
Ricochet88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2009, 12:58 AM   #18
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

oh trust me if i were to SOMEHOW find out who it was, then someone or some kind of god better have mercy on them, because i sure as hell wont.

i just got done dealing with the pain in the *** insurance companies because of the accident a few months ago. the accident happened in august and just last month my jeep FINALLY got completely fixed from it.

my jeep doesnt have anything done to it other than a 4 ft cb antenna sticking up and an XJ roof rack mounted to the hardtop. i told that to the cops, and told them that roof racks like that dont come on wranglers so it should be easy to spot that.

as far as hoping that everything works out in my favor and i get an "insurance upgrade," im not keeping my fingers crossed. i've learned lately that being optimistic leads to you being let down a lot of the time. ****ed up, but it seems true. not trying to sound like some emo bastard but **** man.

i'm gonna post it up in the southwest forum.. its a long shot but its something.

thanks for the kind, uplifting words you guys.. seriously. and if i see chip foose in a week i'm gonna kick some ***! i wish santa borrowed it to do some runs this christmas and realized it could use a lift and tires.
Unread 12-07-2009, 01:02 AM   #19
The_Blacksmith
Genius with this metal

1993 XJ Cherokee 

they did it for the gifts.
the reason they stole the whole vehicle is so they could make a fast getaway with the gifts

Thieves watch for people who put stuff in thier cars and leave it. The jeep was irrelevant, and you;ll probabaly find it wrecked or something, dtiched, or burned (sad but true), someone is getting a free xmas thanks to whatever the misses bought. for the lose.

keep your head up
The_Blacksmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2009, 01:05 AM   #20
Terrible2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

did you have any kind of security device installed?
Terrible2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2009, 01:06 AM   #21
Terrible2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

also wheres Lakewood in comparison to SD? I may spot it since im still here
Unread 12-07-2009, 01:08 AM   #22
TheDodson
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Dang 3 minutes is rediculous!! How did they even get it started that fast??
TheDodson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2009, 01:12 AM   #23
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep_punk View Post
we went out, put the bags in the jeep, and drove down to sports chalet so i could get new boots. locked the jeep up, went inside for 45 minutes, came out and the jeep was gone. those mother****ers had to of been watching us put bags of gifts into the jeep and followed us.
Really not a good idea to leave valuables in your vehicle.

Hope your holiday season goes better. Maybe Santa will bring you a new Jeep?
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2009, 01:28 AM   #24
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

lakewood is a couple hours north of san diego. right next to long beach.

no security device on it. i've wanted lo jack but cant afford it at the moment.

yes we now realize putting gifts in there is a bad idea then driving down the road to another store and leaving it.. but come on do you ever really think its going to happen to you?

as soon as it happened my first thought was "those *******s watched us and followed us." 3 damn minutes for them to see us walk into the store, unlock the jeep, start it, then drive away.

its ****ty that some low life scum do this kind of stuff. live and learn, but theres some **** that just shouldnt occur. honestly the thing im most pissed about is the fact that it was most likely just for the bags they saw us put in there. they know people are christmas shopping and making big purchaces. they didnt only steal from me, they stole from my girlfriend and her family.
Unread 12-07-2009, 01:28 AM   #25
_Yeti_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

That sucks man. If you have renters/home owners insurance that should cover the gifts that were stolen too.
How'd the gf handle it?
Unread 12-07-2009, 01:31 AM   #26
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep_punk View Post
yes we now realize putting gifts in there is a bad idea then driving down the road to another store and leaving it.. but come on do you ever really think its going to happen to you?
Yeah - I'm absolutely paranoid about security. Just how i live life I guess. Sometimes I go back and check to be sure the house is all locked up when we are out. I don't even like checking my coat someplace when we're out. Drives my wife crazy.

Quote:
they know people are christmas shopping and making big purchaces.
Yeah, That's the thing. It's "that time of year". Some people leave thousands of dollars worth of **** in their car while they're shopping. They would never leave that much cash sitting on the front seat, but it's really the same thing.

Good luck man ):
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2009, 01:37 AM   #27
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Yeti_ View Post
That sucks man. If you have renters/home owners insurance that should cover the gifts that were stolen too.
How'd the gf handle it?
thats what i was told by the lady that filed my claim, but she said she also thought my insurance might cover it as luggage (since it was clothes) for up to $200. she wasnt too sure though, i have to check with the agent. as far as the gf... she started balling as soon as we realized it was stolen. thats why im so pissed off. those *******s made my girlfriend cry. thats not cool, i dont take that **** lightly. poor girl works hard for the little amount of money she gets, goes out and buys gifts for her family, and gets it taken from her. i felt horrible even though it wasnt my fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboarder View Post
Good luck man ):
thanks, really.
Unread 12-07-2009, 07:19 AM   #28
mcurcio1989
1976 CJ7 

that sucks. My suggestion is to move from California. Its just something you guys have to deal with. If i lived in cali i would definately have a radio. Even on my cj. My brother drives a civic (the most stolen vehicle ever) we dont have a problem with that in out area but hes paranoyed Here are some good suggestions.

-At home try and park yourself in with another car.
-I would recommend an alarm. Clifford makes some really good two way alarms for 150 or so. Use motion instead of shock sensors. Hide the brain and put in a back up siren. A seperate siren that has its own battery and when wires are clipped that ****er just keeps going and going. This type of alarm will tell you (up to 1000ft) if when it is being triggered.
-Re route your your hood cable so they can't open it.
-install a couple hidden switches. The best are one to kill the ecu and one to the fuel pump.
-if your really crazy by one of the cheap boost mobile pay as you go phones. Put this in a a discreate place and hardwire the charger to your car. Activate the phone when car goes missing and use the gps on the phone to locate vehicle. Now you know where it is.

No car is un-stealable and certainly nothing stops a flatbed. What you are doing is finding ways to deter them. Make it take longer and make it more obvious.

That really sucks tho man! was it modded? I really hate thiefs they are worthless lowlifes in society. I would put ohios castle law to use if i ever caught someone doing that where i live.

I have a dana 30 front axle and amc 20 rear if anyone is looking. Both are 3.54, drums, narrowtrack.
mcurcio1989 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2009, 12:11 PM   #29
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

whats the castle law? if its what im hoping it is i wish we had it.

im thinking a kill switch now would be a good idea..and this makes me want lo jack even more. alarms around here dont really do ****. everyone hears them and doesnt do a damn thing except for get annoyed and wonder why the owner isnt shutting it up. the proximity ones are cool though and i wouldnt mind one, especially for when the top is off.
Unread 12-07-2009, 12:15 PM   #30
Terrible2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcurcio1989 View Post
-At home try and park yourself in with another car.
-I would recommend an alarm. Clifford makes some really good two way alarms for 150 or so. Use motion instead of shock sensors. Hide the brain and put in a back up siren. A seperate siren that has its own battery and when wires are clipped that ****er just keeps going and going. This type of alarm will tell you (up to 1000ft) if when it is being triggered.
-Re route your your hood cable so they can't open it.
-install a couple hidden switches. The best are one to kill the ecu and one to the fuel pump.
-if your really crazy by one of the cheap boost mobile pay as you go phones. Put this in a a discreate place and hardwire the charger to your car. Activate the phone when car goes missing and use the gps on the phone to locate vehicle. Now you know where it is.
I wouldnt recommend an alarm, but if you do get one, dont put a horn in instead get the 2 way pager with motion sensor which will tell alert you via the pager that your car has been broken into. I say dont use the horn because you will undoubtedly get false reads and piss someone off. Not to mention if it goes off enough either people will ignore it or key it. I had an alarm but I ended up cutting the cord to the horn. Theres a guy on this forum who bought a motion sensor for a house, put it in his jeep and it alerted him that his jeep was broken into but not the thief and he caught the guy red handed.

Also id say invest in a kill switch, theres a DIY and its cheap unlike an alarm and it saved my jeep from being stolen which was good because I didnt have theft insurance on my jeep at that time.

Run the club also its just another deterrent, something possible thieves may not want to deal with over another car which doesnt have a club.

If I could go back I would run 2 kill switches and put on the club, I live in SD also and still everyday fear for my Jeep that it wont be there when I look outside.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.