In Memory - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > In Memory

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rock

Unread 07-10-2013, 08:50 AM   #1
dodgerex
2012 JK Wrangler 

In Memory

Hi my fellow Jeepers.

I have a question about decal's. this is going to hurt while typing but, two days ago my little 2 yr old boy passed away. Cameron Jack Vickers

I traded in my TJ last year for a JKU because both my boys were getting so big. they loved riding in the jeep with the top and doors off. they would scream so loud going down the road with the biggest smile's on their faces.

I would like to do something in memory of him as a decal on my Jeep, does anybody have any ideas, thoughts, size big or small. I just want to be able to see his name or initials. I'm already planning a tattoo, God i miss my little boy so much. He always use to say "Daddy's Jeep" and point to it.

be it online or a local place i can have one made. thank you in advance.

dodgerex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 09:24 AM   #2
BonesWK
2006 WK 

Geez dude, as a father that was tough to read.

Prayers to you and your family.

Im sure some local detail/tinting place will do custom decals for you.
2006 Black WK Limited 4.7 4x4 QD II -- RR 2.25" Lift - JK Moabs - 32" Wildpeaks - Rear OME Shocks - AFE Stage 2 Intake - Saguaro 4x Front Shackles - 1-1/2" Wheel Spacers - Tail Light Guards - CB - 4' Firestik - Rola Roof Rack - Exhaust
If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Chive On
BonesWK is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #3
nwiTJdave

dodgerex, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

As for a memorial, what about a custom seat cover to slip over the rear seat and where he sat, his name or Cameron's Seat and perhaps a picture of him sewn into it?

Again, sorry for your loss.

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 10:16 AM   #4
PecosRiver
2013 JK Wrangler 

Not sure of the model, but where the Rubicon is located on the hood would be a great location for what you finally decide. Remove any sticker there and replace it with the label you finally choose in the same lettering style as Jeep uses.

Sorry for your loss, you've managed to get this grandfather's eye wet this morning. Cameron will be in my thoughts today and you and your family will be in my prayers.
PecosRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #5
Hurley91

I'm sorry for your loss. I think the seat cover idea is a great idea.

Sent from my iPhone down by the Bay.
Unread 07-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #6
dodgerex
2012 JK Wrangler 

thanks for the great ideas. and thank you for keep my family in your thoughts and prayers
dodgerex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 05:35 AM   #7
jeepdaddy2000
Web Wheeler

1971 CJ5 

I've never been a fan of public memorials. Perhaps a dash plaque? Give you something tangible to touch and you don't have to sit on it (seat cover).
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 06:42 AM   #8
DBLJ
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerex
. He always use to say "Daddy's Jeep" and point to it.

Looks like you already have a name for your jeep.
Unread 07-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #9
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

So sorry for your loss, as a father, I don't even want to think about losing my son. I was thinking about where I would place a memorial sticker on my YJ. On the new Rubicons, the front glass, behind the rear-view mirror, they put a sun shield in the shape of a classic CJ grill and lights. I think I'd have something like that made and place it there. That way, whenever you drive, you are always sharing the view with your Angel.

I work in marketing, here's an idea for that type of sticker.

So very sorry for your loss. God bless you and your family.
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35, Rock sliders, Monsta Daughter&Dad Project Yellow Jeep Club Club #91

05 LJ Rubi "Ghost" 4.0L Auto NV241 Rock-Trac D44/44 lockers, 4" Currie Lift, 1" BL, 33s, hardtop
Luuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #10
WiLieR
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLJ View Post
Looks like you already have a name for your jeep.
This X2. I think it would be an awesome tribute to put "Daddy's Jeep" on the hood where the Rubicon decal would normally go. Then put a "In Memory of" decal where the Trail Rated badge is placed.

This hit close to home. My Son is 3 and I couldn't imagine what it would do to me if I lost him. Prayers going up for you and your family.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.