Maybe a dumb forum but curious - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 08-15-2014, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Andrzej77ff
Registered User
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Austin
Posts: 50
Maybe a dumb forum but curious

So I've been a member on this forum for a couple years while I was a TJ owner and have loved it. I've learned a lot and had a great time. I've recently bought a 2014 JKUR and have noticed there are many more forums specific to these models so I've been browsing JKFreaks, JKOwners and JK-Forum. My question is which of these forums are worth joining as a supplemental or even main forum?
Andrzej77ff is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 Old 08-15-2014, 08:50 PM
LVCapo
Registered User
2015 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,449
You're the only one that can answer that. Every forum has it's personality, it's know it alls, and clowns...and you just need to figure out which one appeals to you. I'd say that Jeep Forum is probably the most laid back and friendly, but it has it's moments. As to information, they all are great for research and different opinions, and they all have a thread dedicated to Brut4ce's build
LVCapo is offline  
post #3 of 19 Old 08-16-2014, 08:00 AM
fastfreddie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 628
JKOwners, an off-shoot of Pirate4x4, won't care if you drop F-bombs...
fastfreddie is offline  
post #4 of 19 Old 08-16-2014, 08:07 AM
Jackal01
Moderator
 
Jackal01's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,277
I like wayalife/project-jk.
Jackal01 is offline  
post #5 of 19 Old 08-16-2014, 09:28 AM
2006_Sport
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sherrills Ford
Posts: 10,823
If I had a JK I'd personally stick to JF. There are enough people here with enough knowledge and experience to get you through whatever you wish to do to your Jeep.

IMO the Project JK guys are just a bunch of tools with more money than brains. Sorry, but I don't trust a guy who doesn't do his own work to his rig and just goes and cries to Offroad Evolution when he needs work done. And I'm pretty sure that's the forum where if you make a bad review on a product they endorse, they remove it.
2006_Sport is offline  
post #6 of 19 Old 08-16-2014, 09:33 AM
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler
 
WhiteOut's Avatar
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,205
So just because someone has the means to have work done to their vehicle makes then untrustworthy?
WhiteOut is offline  
post #7 of 19 Old 08-16-2014, 09:58 AM
Jackal01
Moderator
 
Jackal01's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport
If I had a JK I'd personally stick to JF. There are enough people here with enough knowledge and experience to get you through whatever you wish to do to your Jeep. IMO the Project JK guys are just a bunch of tools with more money than brains. Sorry, but I don't trust a guy who doesn't do his own work to his rig and just goes and cries to Offroad Evolution when he needs work done. And I'm pretty sure that's the forum where if you make a bad review on a product they endorse, they remove it.
Hahahahaha.

Thanks for the good laugh.
Jackal01 is offline  
post #8 of 19 Old 08-16-2014, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Andrzej77ff
Registered User
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Austin
Posts: 50
I totally forgot about wayalife and just took a look and really liked what I saw. I am not planning on leaving this forum, It just seems like the JK specific or heavy forums have a bit more info and ideas. Just another tool in my pocket.
Andrzej77ff is offline  
post #9 of 19 Old 08-16-2014, 01:20 PM
Jackal01
Moderator
 
Jackal01's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrzej77ff View Post
I totally forgot about wayalife and just took a look and really liked what I saw. I am not planning on leaving this forum, It just seems like the JK specific or heavy forums have a bit more info and ideas. Just another tool in my pocket.
Really helpful people over there. Helpful just like JF actually.
Jackal01 is offline  
post #10 of 19 Old 08-16-2014, 01:27 PM
sjones26573
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Concord/Harmony/Raleigh
Posts: 9,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
If I had a JK I'd personally stick to JF. There are enough people here with enough knowledge and experience to get you through whatever you wish to do to your Jeep.

IMO the Project JK guys are just a bunch of tools with more money than brains. Sorry, but I don't trust a guy who doesn't do his own work to his rig and just goes and cries to Offroad Evolution when he needs work done. And I'm pretty sure that's the forum where if you make a bad review on a product they endorse, they remove it.
I thought that was JK Forum.

Project JK isn't a forum. The forum link redirects to Wayalife.

The Offroad Club @ NC State; Founder
The Yellowtail Build
Jeep-Owner.com
sjones26573 is offline  
post #11 of 19 Old 08-16-2014, 02:09 PM
Jackal01
Moderator
 
Jackal01's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post

I thought that was JK Forum.

Project JK isn't a forum. The forum link redirects to Wayalife.
Correct. Project-JK has writeups, how-tos and stuff like that.

WAL is the affiliate forum.
Jackal01 is offline  
post #12 of 19 Old 08-16-2014, 02:23 PM
LVCapo
Registered User
2015 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,449
LOL, I can't believe someone is actually referring people to Getalife....I have no problem referring people to project JK, but Eddie Oh is something else....you get banned for recommending companies that dont pay him or that hes had beefs with, his expert opinion changes based on who he gets along with at any given time.....and lets not forget the reading peoples personal messages through the mod control panel, and banning people for their PMs (not sent to him).....steer clear of that clown.
LVCapo is offline  
post #13 of 19 Old 08-16-2014, 02:38 PM
Jackal01
Moderator
 
Jackal01's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVCapo View Post
LOL, I can't believe someone is actually referring people to Getalife....I have no problem referring people to project JK, but Eddie Oh is something else....you get banned for recommending companies that dont pay him or that hes had beefs with, his expert opinion changes based on who he gets along with at any given time.....and lets not forget the reading peoples personal messages through the mod control panel, and banning people for their PMs (not sent to him).....steer clear of that clown.
I have yet to see any of that.
Jackal01 is offline  
post #14 of 19 Old 08-16-2014, 03:44 PM
LVCapo
Registered User
2015 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01 View Post
I have yet to see any of that.
Theres entire threads dedicated to it at JK-Forums and a few other places...you'll be ok, as long as you agree with Eddie....
LVCapo is offline  
post #15 of 19 Old 08-16-2014, 07:46 PM
2006_Sport
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sherrills Ford
Posts: 10,823
Yeah I've heard bad things about Eddie, not to mention seen some of his ****ery on his FB page.
2006_Sport is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome