Maybe a dumb forum but curious - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Maybe a dumb forum but curious

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 08-15-2014, 08:38 PM   #1
Andrzej77ff
2014 JK Wrangler 

Maybe a dumb forum but curious

So I've been a member on this forum for a couple years while I was a TJ owner and have loved it. I've learned a lot and had a great time. I've recently bought a 2014 JKUR and have noticed there are many more forums specific to these models so I've been browsing JKFreaks, JKOwners and JK-Forum. My question is which of these forums are worth joining as a supplemental or even main forum?

Andrzej77ff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2014, 08:50 PM   #2
LVCapo
The Voice of Reason

2013 JK Wrangler 

You're the only one that can answer that. Every forum has it's personality, it's know it alls, and clowns...and you just need to figure out which one appeals to you. I'd say that Jeep Forum is probably the most laid back and friendly, but it has it's moments. As to information, they all are great for research and different opinions, and they all have a thread dedicated to Brut4ce's build
LVCapo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2014, 08:00 AM   #3
fastfreddie

JKOwners, an off-shoot of Pirate4x4, won't care if you drop F-bombs...
fastfreddie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2014, 08:07 AM   #4
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

I like wayalife/project-jk.

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2014, 09:28 AM   #5
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

If I had a JK I'd personally stick to JF. There are enough people here with enough knowledge and experience to get you through whatever you wish to do to your Jeep.

IMO the Project JK guys are just a bunch of tools with more money than brains. Sorry, but I don't trust a guy who doesn't do his own work to his rig and just goes and cries to Offroad Evolution when he needs work done. And I'm pretty sure that's the forum where if you make a bad review on a product they endorse, they remove it.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2014, 09:33 AM   #6
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

So just because someone has the means to have work done to their vehicle makes then untrustworthy?
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2014, 09:58 AM   #7
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport
If I had a JK I'd personally stick to JF. There are enough people here with enough knowledge and experience to get you through whatever you wish to do to your Jeep. IMO the Project JK guys are just a bunch of tools with more money than brains. Sorry, but I don't trust a guy who doesn't do his own work to his rig and just goes and cries to Offroad Evolution when he needs work done. And I'm pretty sure that's the forum where if you make a bad review on a product they endorse, they remove it.
Hahahahaha.

Thanks for the good laugh.

Unread 08-16-2014, 11:05 AM   #8
Andrzej77ff
2014 JK Wrangler 

I totally forgot about wayalife and just took a look and really liked what I saw. I am not planning on leaving this forum, It just seems like the JK specific or heavy forums have a bit more info and ideas. Just another tool in my pocket.
Andrzej77ff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2014, 01:20 PM   #9
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrzej77ff View Post
I totally forgot about wayalife and just took a look and really liked what I saw. I am not planning on leaving this forum, It just seems like the JK specific or heavy forums have a bit more info and ideas. Just another tool in my pocket.
Really helpful people over there. Helpful just like JF actually.

Unread 08-16-2014, 01:27 PM   #10
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
If I had a JK I'd personally stick to JF. There are enough people here with enough knowledge and experience to get you through whatever you wish to do to your Jeep.

IMO the Project JK guys are just a bunch of tools with more money than brains. Sorry, but I don't trust a guy who doesn't do his own work to his rig and just goes and cries to Offroad Evolution when he needs work done. And I'm pretty sure that's the forum where if you make a bad review on a product they endorse, they remove it.
I thought that was JK Forum.

Project JK isn't a forum. The forum link redirects to Wayalife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2014, 02:09 PM   #11
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post

I thought that was JK Forum.

Project JK isn't a forum. The forum link redirects to Wayalife.
Correct. Project-JK has writeups, how-tos and stuff like that.

WAL is the affiliate forum.

Unread 08-16-2014, 02:23 PM   #12
LVCapo
The Voice of Reason

2013 JK Wrangler 

LOL, I can't believe someone is actually referring people to Getalife....I have no problem referring people to project JK, but Eddie Oh is something else....you get banned for recommending companies that dont pay him or that hes had beefs with, his expert opinion changes based on who he gets along with at any given time.....and lets not forget the reading peoples personal messages through the mod control panel, and banning people for their PMs (not sent to him).....steer clear of that clown.
Unread 08-16-2014, 02:38 PM   #13
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVCapo View Post
LOL, I can't believe someone is actually referring people to Getalife....I have no problem referring people to project JK, but Eddie Oh is something else....you get banned for recommending companies that dont pay him or that hes had beefs with, his expert opinion changes based on who he gets along with at any given time.....and lets not forget the reading peoples personal messages through the mod control panel, and banning people for their PMs (not sent to him).....steer clear of that clown.
I have yet to see any of that.

Unread 08-16-2014, 03:44 PM   #14
LVCapo
The Voice of Reason

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01 View Post
I have yet to see any of that.
Theres entire threads dedicated to it at JK-Forums and a few other places...you'll be ok, as long as you agree with Eddie....
Unread 08-16-2014, 07:46 PM   #15
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah I've heard bad things about Eddie, not to mention seen some of his ****ery on his FB page.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.