JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/)
-   -   Maybe a dumb forum but curious (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/maybe-dumb-forum-but-curious-2645402/)

Andrzej77ff 08-15-2014 08:38 PM

Maybe a dumb forum but curious

So I've been a member on this forum for a couple years while I was a TJ owner and have loved it. I've learned a lot and had a great time. I've recently bought a 2014 JKUR and have noticed there are many more forums specific to these models so I've been browsing JKFreaks, JKOwners and JK-Forum. My question is which of these forums are worth joining as a supplemental or even main forum?

LVCapo 08-15-2014 08:50 PM

You're the only one that can answer that. Every forum has it's personality, it's know it alls, and clowns...and you just need to figure out which one appeals to you. I'd say that Jeep Forum is probably the most laid back and friendly, but it has it's moments. As to information, they all are great for research and different opinions, and they all have a thread dedicated to Brut4ce's build:rofl:

fastfreddie 08-16-2014 08:00 AM

JKOwners, an off-shoot of Pirate4x4, won't care if you drop F-bombs...

Jackal01 08-16-2014 08:07 AM

I like wayalife/project-jk.

2006_Sport 08-16-2014 09:28 AM

If I had a JK I'd personally stick to JF. There are enough people here with enough knowledge and experience to get you through whatever you wish to do to your Jeep.

IMO the Project JK guys are just a bunch of tools with more money than brains. Sorry, but I don't trust a guy who doesn't do his own work to his rig and just goes and cries to Offroad Evolution when he needs work done. And I'm pretty sure that's the forum where if you make a bad review on a product they endorse, they remove it.

WhiteOut 08-16-2014 09:33 AM

So just because someone has the means to have work done to their vehicle makes then untrustworthy?

Jackal01 08-16-2014 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2006_Sport
If I had a JK I'd personally stick to JF. There are enough people here with enough knowledge and experience to get you through whatever you wish to do to your Jeep. IMO the Project JK guys are just a bunch of tools with more money than brains. Sorry, but I don't trust a guy who doesn't do his own work to his rig and just goes and cries to Offroad Evolution when he needs work done. And I'm pretty sure that's the forum where if you make a bad review on a product they endorse, they remove it.

Hahahahaha.

Thanks for the good laugh.

Andrzej77ff 08-16-2014 11:05 AM

I totally forgot about wayalife and just took a look and really liked what I saw. I am not planning on leaving this forum, It just seems like the JK specific or heavy forums have a bit more info and ideas. Just another tool in my pocket.:thumbsup:

Jackal01 08-16-2014 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrzej77ff (Post 24938954)
I totally forgot about wayalife and just took a look and really liked what I saw. I am not planning on leaving this forum, It just seems like the JK specific or heavy forums have a bit more info and ideas. Just another tool in my pocket.:thumbsup:

Really helpful people over there. Helpful just like JF actually.

sjones26573 08-16-2014 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2006_Sport (Post 24937650)
If I had a JK I'd personally stick to JF. There are enough people here with enough knowledge and experience to get you through whatever you wish to do to your Jeep.

IMO the Project JK guys are just a bunch of tools with more money than brains. Sorry, but I don't trust a guy who doesn't do his own work to his rig and just goes and cries to Offroad Evolution when he needs work done. And I'm pretty sure that's the forum where if you make a bad review on a product they endorse, they remove it.

I thought that was JK Forum.

Project JK isn't a forum. The forum link redirects to Wayalife.

Jackal01 08-16-2014 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjones26573 (Post 24941034)

I thought that was JK Forum.

Project JK isn't a forum. The forum link redirects to Wayalife.

Correct. Project-JK has writeups, how-tos and stuff like that.

WAL is the affiliate forum.

LVCapo 08-16-2014 02:23 PM

LOL, I can't believe someone is actually referring people to Getalife....I have no problem referring people to project JK, but Eddie Oh is something else....you get banned for recommending companies that dont pay him or that hes had beefs with, his expert opinion changes based on who he gets along with at any given time.....and lets not forget the reading peoples personal messages through the mod control panel, and banning people for their PMs (not sent to him).....steer clear of that clown.

Jackal01 08-16-2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LVCapo (Post 24941834)
LOL, I can't believe someone is actually referring people to Getalife....I have no problem referring people to project JK, but Eddie Oh is something else....you get banned for recommending companies that dont pay him or that hes had beefs with, his expert opinion changes based on who he gets along with at any given time.....and lets not forget the reading peoples personal messages through the mod control panel, and banning people for their PMs (not sent to him).....steer clear of that clown.

I have yet to see any of that.

LVCapo 08-16-2014 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackal01 (Post 24942090)
I have yet to see any of that.

Theres entire threads dedicated to it at JK-Forums and a few other places...you'll be ok, as long as you agree with Eddie....

2006_Sport 08-16-2014 07:46 PM

Yeah I've heard bad things about Eddie, not to mention seen some of his ****ery on his FB page.

The time now is 08:07 PM.