Make a little money on the side? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Make a little money on the side?

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-23-2013, 10:45 PM   #16
JohnCrabtree
1994 ZJ 

Don't know how to weld, sadly
I would love to learn, I plan on taking a welding course at a local JC as soon as I finish at UTI (As long as it does not conflict with my work schedule).

As far as setting them up for YJ, XJ, and TJs, Are YJs/TJs mounting brackets the same? I'm assuming that XJs wouldn't be the same as YJ/TJ? Would I need to weld mounting brackets on? I've got a buddy who knows how to weld (works at a machine shop) who goes to school with me. I'm sure he could hook me up for cheap.

Also, I found a custom bumper on a ZJ at the junkyard the other day. Was missing one corner piece (it was all welded together and it looks like they never finished). I wonder if I could pick that up, get him to weld it up, and sell it for decent cash.

JohnCrabtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 10:46 PM   #17
JohnCrabtree
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21 View Post
Start pimping /thread

Sadly, I don't and never have had the right personality to be a pimp. I was an independent hooker after drugs failed.
Unread 10-24-2013, 02:12 AM   #18
JohnCrabtree
1994 ZJ 

I'm going to look into manual transmission rebuilds. Maybe like some hondas or something. Lots of availability in junkyards and lots of guys want manuals in their hondas (for auto to manual conversions). Also, transmission rebuilds require a bit more work and knowledge to tackle than differentials so some of the weekend warrior guys might not want to tackle a rebuild themselves. Also, this wouldn't require me to get my buddy to weld stuff for me.

I've never messed with transaxles though but I guess there is a time for everything. It shouldn't be too hard though, I mean it's just a differential and a transmission in one housing. If I can do Inter-Axle Differentials (2 differentials in one housing) out of semis then I'm pretty sure I can do a little honda.
Unread 10-24-2013, 11:19 AM   #19
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCrabtree
I'm going to look into manual transmission rebuilds. Maybe like some hondas or something. Lots of availability in junkyards and lots of guys want manuals in their hondas (for auto to manual conversions). Also, transmission rebuilds require a bit more work and knowledge to tackle than differentials so some of the weekend warrior guys might not want to tackle a rebuild themselves. Also, this wouldn't require me to get my buddy to weld stuff for me. I've never messed with transaxles though but I guess there is a time for everything. It shouldn't be too hard though, I mean it's just a differential and a transmission in one housing. If I can do Inter-Axle Differentials (2 differentials in one housing) out of semis then I'm pretty sure I can do a little honda.
B16 transmission with GSR 5th gear was always popular with the Honda crowd. But that was like 10 years ago.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.