Ma car insurance? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Ma car insurance?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-29-2004, 09:50 PM   #1
mflave007

Ma car insurance?

My son recently got his license and bought a 1988 sahara.
I was wondering if anyone knew roughly how much it is to insure a new driver in Massachusetts? How much is the down payment?

mflave007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2004, 10:00 PM   #2
dcafaro

Could be costly. My girlfriend (in her 40's) got her license again a few years ago and the registry told her she had to have full coverage. On her 92 Caravan she was paying close to 1600.00/yr!! It's all based on their step system. I'm not sure I believe the full coverage bit, I think she was misinformed, but none the less, it may be costly.
dcafaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2004, 10:11 PM   #3
K2Racing

I live in Louisiana, where we have some of the highest insurance rates in the country. I am married, so that helps, also I ahve a flawless driving record (no accidents or tickets) and I just bought an 88 Wrangler this week, I paid cash for it so I didn't get full coverage (trying to save money) and my insurance is $175 for 6 months of coverage. Of course, like I said, I'm 27, married and the record helps a lot too.
K2Racing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2004, 09:50 AM   #4
JeepDrivr93
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Dont know if this helps... I am in Michigan and have to pay 600 every six months that's just for fire theft and liability. I am 18 and have a perfect driving record. knock on wood...

1998 Cherokee Classic - SOLD

1993 YJ - SOLD :(
JeepDrivr93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2004, 02:48 PM   #5
NOTQUITEMUSASHI
1991 YJ Wrangler 

i live in florida, mid 30's, married and my insurance is $550/6mo. i have a spotless driving record. i cant imagine that it is going to be cheap to insure a teenager in a jeep.

good luck
Yellow Jeep Club Member #91
CSA Jeepers Association Member#2
MERRY WACKO JEEP CLUB MEMBER #1
I BUILT MY OWN JEEP JEEP CLUB MEMBER #91
Apathetic jeep club for people who don't care about people who don't give a rats a$$ about people who have an apathetic jeep club jeep club club member # f this
RE 2.5XD + .5 shackles
ho-made f & r bumpers
bfg mt 33", 4.10's D30 xjD44
Quote:
Originally Posted by firecord
NOTQUITEMUSASHI and tcourdin, TJVigilante might not like you guys, BUT I LOVE YOU! Can we have a 3 way? :rofl:
NOTQUITEMUSASHI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2004, 06:42 PM   #6
hoosier724
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Well as an insurance agent for the last 16 years I can tell you plenty. A jeep has a very high center of gravity and thus has a nasty habit of roling very easily...ie higher insurance rates. As for MI and FL rates they are both "no-fault" states and that's a altogether different animal. I always suggest to clients to carry a deductible as high as their pocket can stand and don't even think of turning anything in that is a "nickle-dime" claim because in todays insurance market all companies are looking for any way they can to cancel someone. Now that doesn't mean don't use your insurance just be very "selective" As far as young drivers, it's not if they have a claim it's when

Honk if you love Jesus...text while driving if you want to meet him!
hoosier724 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2004, 03:22 PM   #7
YJONLI

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier724
Well as an insurance agent for the last 16 years I can tell you plenty. A jeep has a very high center of gravity and thus has a nasty habit of roling very easily...ie higher insurance rates. As for MI and FL rates they are both "no-fault" states and that's a altogether different animal. I always suggest to clients to carry a deductible as high as their pocket can stand and don't even think of turning anything in that is a "nickle-dime" claim because in todays insurance market all companies are looking for any way they can to cancel someone. Now that doesn't mean don't use your insurance just be very "selective" As far as young drivers, it's not if they have a claim it's when

hmmm... i know you can't give me an exact number but if you could make an estimate of how much my insurance would be.... i have a 92 Sahara, i am a 16 year old male and i live in NY..... thanks ill appreciate it
YJONLI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2004, 07:47 PM   #8
90lerado

im a 17yo male in MA. i pay 2400yearly ton insure my 90 dodge ram d250. it was the same as when i had my jeep. btw thats just having MA minimum and a flawless driving record (so far).

Wife's/my vehicle: 06 Pontiac vibe awd
Hopefully a jeep sometime in the future
90lerado is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2004, 08:17 PM   #9
matt.x
1995 ZJ 

hmm im 19, male, and on my parents insurance ... costs about $600 a year here in GA ... surprisingly low for my age.... but I'm happy... I have the good student discount, plus no accidents have been "my fault" ... and I drive a 1995 Jeep ....

Matt
Red Jeep Club Member #237
matt.x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.