Lowrance Baja 480C - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Lowrance Baja 480C

Flowmaster Discount Code! Thank you JeepForum Members!!!!!Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Labor Day Sale!

Unread 09-05-2007, 06:54 AM   #1
175MM BULLDOG

Lowrance Baja 480C

I bought one about two years ago, and grew to love it. It locked on to Wass in about two seconds. Then a week ago, I went out to the rig, heard fast beeping, and saw flashing. The display was blinking about ten times a second in time with the beeps. I shut it down, and then turned it on. The thing went nuts again. I pulled the fuse, re installed it and tried again. The unit fired up, then the display changed to a darker mode after about three minutes. I reset to the desired luminance, and it remained at that setting until i shut it down. The next day It threw another fit. I am wiring a switch into the fuse circuit to prevent the auto turn on. I contacted Lowrance two times by email. They have not responded. If anyone else has had this problem, please respond. I will update if anything changes. The unit has less than forty eight hours on it! I believe that the switch is the culprit.
I just found the reciept. The unit was purchased 12/25/05.

Update: Lowrance sent a link to their trouble shooting list. There were no examples there. Now I guess it is going to have to go through the RMA process.

Last edited by 175MM BULLDOG; 09-06-2007 at 06:46 AM..
175MM BULLDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2007, 08:21 PM   #2
Jon08JK
2008 JK Wrangler 

good luck, I am interested to see how much help they are to you. I am looking hard at a baja myself.
2008 Sahara Auto 2 Door 20,450 miles JKUR Coils and shocks, Magnaflow, Superchip, Banks CAI, Winch, OBA and 4:88's
Jon08JK is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.