Lowering Your Cell Phone Bill.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Lowering Your Cell Phone Bill....

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread Yesterday, 07:50 AM   #1
Cherokeekid88
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Lowering Your Cell Phone Bill....

So, I am on a mission. I have cut back on cable and internet...lowered my bill $30 a month and my next venture is to try and lower my cell phone bill. My wife and I both have smart phones and do use mobile data when out and about and use wifi at home. we are paying $170 a month for 2 lines with insurance on both phones. Our contract is up at the moment with Verizon and both are waiting for the new iphone to come out...but I want to see if you guys have ever dealt with Verizon on getting your bill to be lower....

I still want to have data...we don't use much and I think we have 1g to share at the moment...but feel that $170 a month is alot to pay....

Any ideas on what I could do to lower my bill?

Bilstein 5100's - Magnaflow Exhaust.
Cherokeekid88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 08:14 AM   #2
Indy

Lower your plan.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 09:05 AM   #3
AKABOB
Incredibly Handsome

1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

Just started new plan with Verizon. 1 phone $65 with 2gb data
AKABOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 09:27 AM   #4
Nick05
1987 MJ Comanche 

tell them you are looking into getting a different company and show the price of other company(att, sprint.....). tell them you would rather stay with verizon, but with a difference of x amount it would be smarter to change companies. usually they will work with you after that or tell you to go to other company.
Nick05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 10:00 AM   #5
Cherokeekid88
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick05 View Post
tell them you are looking into getting a different company and show the price of other company(att, sprint.....). tell them you would rather stay with verizon, but with a difference of x amount it would be smarter to change companies. usually they will work with you after that or tell you to go to other company.
Ill try that.....
here is my only question.
My contract is up as of now....if they change it, will I have to sign another 2 year agreement or will that only take place when I get a new phone? I am holding out for the new iphone
Unread Yesterday, 10:45 AM   #6
Kevin108
2000 XJ Cherokee 

You could build a family plan. I have myself, my wife, and my parents on a Verizon plan together. We have 1,400 minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited Verizon to Verizon minutes, and my wife and I have unlimited data on our smartphones. I have a 15% discount on service and accessories through work. It's saving us all quite a bit.

Mom and Dad were frequently going over their minutes because my dad is still old school and all his social interaction is face to face or on the phone. Mom does e-mail and Facebook, so she uses the phone a lot less. My wife and I hardly use the phone at all but disproportionately use texting and data instead.
Unread Yesterday, 11:02 AM   #7
Indy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeekid88 View Post
Ill try that.....
here is my only question.
My contract is up as of now....if they change it, will I have to sign another 2 year agreement or will that only take place when I get a new phone? I am holding out for the new iphone
Yep. I've been off contract for a few years now and pay about 170-200/month for 2 lines, texts etc and 2 unlimited data plans. If I change anything, I have to go back under contract. From time to time, I use a lot of data so the unlimited is the sole reason I haven't adjusted. As soon as they decide the have grandfathered me enough, I'm dumping them for pay as you go. If I didn't eat data when I'm working on a project I'd have dumped them years ago.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 12:25 PM   #8
Cherokeekid88
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Yep. I've been off contract for a few years now and pay about 170-200/month for 2 lines, texts etc and 2 unlimited data plans. If I change anything, I have to go back under contract. From time to time, I use a lot of data so the unlimited is the sole reason I haven't adjusted. As soon as they decide the have grandfathered me enough, I'm dumping them for pay as you go. If I didn't eat data when I'm working on a project I'd have dumped them years ago.
But if I go under contract again, with my same phone...I will still be able to get my new phone when Im ready right? and be able to keep the same plan?
Unread Yesterday, 01:44 PM   #9
festerw
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeekid88 View Post
But if I go under contract again, with my same phone...I will still be able to get my new phone when Im ready right? and be able to keep the same plan?
Correct, you can change the plan anytime you want but your upgrade eligibility date will not change.
Unread Today, 09:31 AM   #10
jeepkid03
Winning

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Tracphone is an idea. It is one of those pay as you go phones. No contracts. I had that before I got on my family's plan, and I had awesome service. Now we have AT&T and my service blows. I could be standing next to a cell phone tower and still not be able to make a call.

My 0331 Head Swap How-To Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/0...hread-1371398/

Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1119997/
jeepkid03 is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.