low down people.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > low down people....

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 07-12-2006, 01:05 PM   #1
NCwheeler
1989 XJ Cherokee 

low down people....

well....me and my buddy were at work one day. He drives a 2000 F-150, real nice. anyways he just got an edge programmer. A couple days go by and he notices a sound and called me. Engine in knockin. Looked at dipstick...No oil. I told him how far he was up the creek, almost brought him to tears...lol. That day while we were at work somone drained all the oil out of his oil pan. We have a good idea who did it, but no way to prove it.........so for now the matter is unsolved.

89' Cherokee- 4.5" RC lift , 31-13.5 TSL SX's, custom front bumper, trimmed fenders

81' Trans Am- 350/400 Turbo, Edelbrock 4bbl & intake,Hooker headers, 4.11 rear gear

Red Jeep Club Member 459
NCwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2006, 01:06 PM   #2
mr_fsu_guy
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCwheeler
well....me and my buddy were at work one day. He drives a 2000 F-150, real nice. anyways he just got an edge programmer. A couple days go by and he notices a sound and called me. Engine in knockin. Looked at dipstick...No oil. I told him how far he was up the creek, almost brought him to tears...lol. That day while we were at work somone drained all the oil out of his oil pan. We have a good idea who did it, but no way to prove it.........so for now the matter is unsolved.
DANG I never thought about that - but thats a great idea!!!!
(For someone you don't like)

What did your buddy do to piss off this other individual? Cant just have been an un-antagonized action....
Unread 07-12-2006, 01:28 PM   #3
NCwheeler
1989 XJ Cherokee 

wayyyyyy back in the day the the sob's g/f worked with me and said buddy. for some reason crazy guy got the idea that his g/f was cheatin on him w/ my buddy. then he threatened to kill my buddy... things died down untill about 2 months ago when another of our co-workers had both of his back tires flattened on his honda....they were nitrogen filled....so that wasnt cheap....now said buddy is lookin at alot of money to get that motor rebulit.....all because this guy is ****in crazy....

89' Cherokee- 4.5" RC lift , 31-13.5 TSL SX's, custom front bumper, trimmed fenders

81' Trans Am- 350/400 Turbo, Edelbrock 4bbl & intake,Hooker headers, 4.11 rear gear

Red Jeep Club Member 459
NCwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2006, 01:31 PM   #4
HawkeyeWJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_fsu_guy
DANG I never thought about that - but thats a great idea!!!!
(For someone you don't like)
BS. That's a total pansy a$$ approach breaking the cardinal rule of never ****ing with another man's vehicle. Also a good way to get yourself maimed or worse.

2002 WJ 4.7 Limited
Onyx Green Pearl
HawkeyeWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2006, 01:34 PM   #5
red99tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeWJ
BS. That's a total pansy a$$ approach breaking the cardinal rule of never ****ing with another man's vehicle. Also a good way to get yourself maimed or worse.
x2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 07-12-2006, 01:36 PM   #6
gregmondro

so did he actually drive it without oil or just start it up?
99 Jeep XJ - NP231, SYE, 4.56's, Rear D44 w/ Detroit SoftLocker and a RockCrusher Diff Cover, 35x12.5 BFG A/Ts, RE 5.5" XD Lift, Skidrow TC Skid, ORT Rear Bumper + Carrier, Rigidco Front Winch Bumper + Steering Box Plate, Milemarker 8000 Winch, Rock Sliders, HD Currie Steering, Control Arm Skids, Goferit Tie Rod Flip Insert, Optima Red Top and a few other goodies...
FiveZeroFive
XJ 8.25 Rear End Disc Brake Conversion For Sale!
gregmondro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2006, 01:36 PM   #7
jeepaholictj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

x3 for me.....Sounds like good "Dirt Nap" material to me. Never touch anyone's ride, it's just bad Juju
Unread 07-12-2006, 01:37 PM   #8
mr_user

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCwheeler
they were nitrogen filled....so that wasnt cheap....
Why anyone does that is simply beyond me.

New: '02 WJ Limited 4.7L, Stock for now
mr_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2006, 02:22 PM   #9
mylt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeWJ
X4. thats an a$$ woopin comin.
mylt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2006, 03:47 PM   #10
TJVigilante
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Felner
Why anyone does that is simply beyond me.

Inert gas as opposed to regular air with oxygen that reacts with damn near everything....
TJVigilante is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2006, 04:13 PM   #11
Ole Yeller
2010 JK Wrangler 

First, did the person that drained the oil pan go to the trouble to catch the oil and carry it off with him? If he didn't shouldn't someone have noticed the mess on the ground?

Second, if he has comprehensive insurance, he might have a claim, if you can come close to proving someone drained the oil.
2000 TJ Sport
My previous Jeeps
1992 Wrangler S (Ole Yeller)
1985 Cherokee Pioneer
1989 Cherokee Laredo
1995 Cherokee Country
1996 Cherokee Country
1996 Grand Cherokee Laredo
Ole Yeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2006, 05:25 PM   #12
qwik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Yeller
First, did the person that drained the oil pan go to the trouble to catch the oil and carry it off with him? If he didn't shouldn't someone have noticed the mess on the ground?

Second, if he has comprehensive insurance, he might have a claim, if you can come close to proving someone drained the oil.

what happened to the---> oil warning light

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.