Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Low cost internet options

465 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  CoriolisSTORM 
#1 ·
I have a lot of school work that requires an internet connection and I don't watch televison. My apartment has a telephone and cable hook up. Comcast could only offer me a plan at $29.99/month if I purchased cable as well :)confused:)

Earthlink has dial up at like $25/month at my address, however my girlfriend pays a similar rate for DSL through the same company and I would rather have something faster if it's possible.

I'm just looking for ideas.

#5 ·
neighbors Wifi ftw :shhh:

#8 ·
Mechanical engineering computer lab :D

I called earthlink they are able to hook up DSL at my apartment so I am having that set up. Best part of my day: the sales rep asked me how my day was, I responded "pretty ****ty" and he said wonderful :rofl: I asked "Sam" from India his real name, said it was harry :confused: What a riot.

#9 ·
I don't have cable or home phone and pay approx $50/month for that high speed, I think 20Mbps. I don't know how much slower DSL is, but I guarantee if you offer your neighbor $20/month to mooch off their wireless, they would have you a network key ASAP.

#10 ·
Only do the above if your neighbor's wireless is up to snuff and their speed is decent. I pay 30$/month for 10 MBPS. Its either CenturyLink(who I have and so far am happy with) or Northland Cable where I live.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.