Los Angeles Firefighter Hospitalized After Rescuing Dog - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Los Angeles Firefighter Hospitalized After Rescuing Dog

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 01-22-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
HHICJ7

Los Angeles Firefighter Hospitalized After Rescuing Dog

Did you guys see this video live earlier today? The helicopter rescue played out live on Fox News and you could clearly see the dog biting the shizzle out of the rescue swimmer. Even being the dog lover I am you have to give this guy huge credits for what he did. He was getting his arse eaten by a dog and still had the COOL (and heart) to signal for the chopper to lift off while he dangles with said dog in his arms trying to save it.

Summary if you did not see it...

The dog is trapped in the L.A. River with no way out. Helicopter comes in and drops a rescue swimmer. Swimmer reaches the dog and the dog attacks him. He grabs the dog while being attacked and chopper lifts off with swimmer holding the attacking dog and saves dogs life. We find now that it was a German Sheppard and the rescue swimmer is in the hospital.

Hats off AND a round of brews for this guy!!

HHICJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
paddingtonbear
1997 ZJ 

That blows, and thats the said reality about rescue. Don't just think its dogs as well, especially with water rescue I have some friends who are rescue divers and people can be just as vicious. Combination or drugs, alcohol or all round fear will make an otherwise normal human being an animal.
Crager soft 8-32x10.5x15 AT
Kevinsoffroad Radiator support/tow hooks
Kevinsoffroad Sliders
paddingtonbear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 04:49 PM   #3
cmvash
1973 CJ5 

Story here

I'd like to see that video and buy the guy a beer.

Edit: That video is pretty cool, it was funny to see the dog "swim" in the air. Great guy for doing what he did. I don't blame the dog for being terrified.

Last edited by cmvash; 01-22-2010 at 05:04 PM..
cmvash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 04:54 PM   #4
paddingtonbear
1997 ZJ 

video is to the right of the link you put up cmvash.
Crager soft 8-32x10.5x15 AT
Kevinsoffroad Radiator support/tow hooks
Kevinsoffroad Sliders
paddingtonbear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 05:00 PM   #5
cmvash
1973 CJ5 

Haha thanks, I never pay attention to this videos any more as it's usually garbage
Unread 01-22-2010, 05:19 PM   #6
Black Hills TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Just saw the vid on the news. Props!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSuck
damnit i wish i could get bigger quicker
Check out www.blackhillsjeeps.com!
Black Hills TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 05:22 PM   #7
Grape Ape
Web Wanker

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmvash View Post
Story here

I'd like to see that video and buy the guy a beer.

Edit: That video is pretty cool, it was funny to see the dog "swim" in the air. Great guy for doing what he did. I don't blame the dog for being terrified.
There is a video in on the page you linked to.

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

We've idiot proofed the world... now its full of idiots. - Spiritof76

You will truly be the same today as you will be five years from now, except for two things, the people you meet and the books you read. Charles E. Jones

I think I'll add some memorable quotes. blah blah blah..... FPKites

Trying to understand some people, is like trying to pick up a turd by the clean side.
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 05:28 PM   #8
K9trnr
1995 YJ Wrangler 

awesome job!! have a tall one on me!!

"Things will remain the same until they change"

1995 YJ Wrangler
1989 F350
K9trnr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 05:32 PM   #9
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

guess i'll be in the minority on this one.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 05:37 PM   #10
LKrux
1997 TJ Wrangler 

so he saved the dog?.. later to be placed in the hosipital, as animal control took the dog to the pound and in a few weeks possibly euthanize it.maybe more likely since its known that the dog attacked a human.

or it couldve been returned to the family.

who knows.
Unread 01-22-2010, 06:48 PM   #11
tjwoo
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm def a dog lover, have had dogs all my life. But spending taxpayer dollars, risking life and health for a dog that bites the helping hand? Hell no. Let it drown, it'll go to doggie heaven.
tjwoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 06:58 PM   #12
flying_bosun
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKrux View Post
so he saved the dog?.. later to be placed in the hosipital, as animal control took the dog to the pound and in a few weeks possibly euthanize it.maybe more likely since its known that the dog attacked a human.

or it couldve been returned to the family.

who knows.
The dog did not "attack" a human. Rescuers and animal control have made it clear that the dog was terrified and acted defensively. It's been very sweet since rescue, wil be held for rabies evaluation for 2 weeks or until owners show up with proof of vaccination, then will be adopted out if no one shows. This dog's going to live a great life as someones companion.
[URL="http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Gear-Calculator[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.stu-offroad.com/siteindex.asp"][COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Stu Can Help You[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.berrysprinter.com/jeepparts.php"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Part Names and Numbers[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.wholesalemopar.com/"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Dealer Supplied Parts and ask for "Jeep Club" Prices[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[QUOTE=Ron Paul]“Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.”
― Ron Paul[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]"Did [I]you[/I] exchange your walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
flying_bosun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 07:01 PM   #13
Kota04SXT
2006 WK 

I would much rather see a dog get saved than most humans. Guy deffinately deserves a beer.
Kota04SXT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2010, 02:39 AM   #14
jumbojeepman
1976 CJ7 

I'm glad about the dog and all, but when I saw the video, all I could think was - isn't there a better use for this chopper than rescuing a dog?
jumbojeepman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2010, 03:44 AM   #15
cmvash
1973 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kota04SXT View Post
I would much rather see a dog get saved than most humans. Guy deffinately deserves a beer.
I agree with this.

That said, if it'd been my dog, I'd be wading through that **** without "getting to da choppa".

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.