looking for someone in military - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > looking for someone in military

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 12-14-2005, 07:00 PM   #1
VegasJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

looking for someone in military

I am having a problem with someone on paypal and ebay... I know I know but I am just going to nip it in the butt without being out the money.

The person is selling and emailling me form a military email address. I know their used to be a website that you could find people in the military and find where they are stationed.

Does anyone know this website?

If I provide someone in the military the address is their a way for someone in the service to track who has that address and how I can contact their Superior?

any help would be great.

Unread 12-14-2005, 07:03 PM   #2
ChristopherJ
Resident Physician

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Have you tried googling the email address? I freaked someone out on eBay doing that after they screwed me.
ChristopherJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2005, 07:11 PM   #3
TJgreg
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasJeep
I am having a problem with someone on paypal and ebay... I know I know but I am just going to nip it in the butt without being out the money.

The person is selling and emailling me form a military email address. I know their used to be a website that you could find people in the military and find where they are stationed.

Does anyone know this website?

If I provide someone in the military the address is their a way for someone in the service to track who has that address and how I can contact their Superior?

any help would be great.
not unless it starts with m0
Unread 12-14-2005, 07:18 PM   #4
VegasJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

i tried that too

her nameis Mandy Mills

her shipping address is
33 se 31 ave
cross city, FL 32628

i want to find out the base where she is stationed or maybe her husband if spouses get military email address and contact her superior. I have already made the dispute with my credit card company after paypal said no such luck. At my expense to have the computer shipped is about 60 bucks. I am not going to pay it and she refuses. I also gave her the option to pay me the difference to the next highest used computer similar to what I purchsed went for which was HALF of what I paid. She said no can do.

my next option is contacting her superiors who will nto be happy

Her email address is mandy.mills@us.army.mil

showing that she is in the Army.

She sold me a "brand new" computer on ebay and it is not new. i went into system restore and the computer had automatically backed up for over three months. i also was able to see what programs had already been installed and deleted on the computer.
Unread 12-14-2005, 07:40 PM   #5
BigYellaJeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not sure bro...

Now if she was stationed in Honduras right now (and you knew that) then I might be able to help you out.. *sadistic grin*
Red Jeep
1st Jeep: '86 CJ-7 (I miss her)
BigYellaJeep
BigYellaJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2005, 04:26 AM   #6
trailboss
2002 TJ Wrangler 

hmmm..can you google earth that address? I am too lazy to try...

An educated, armed populace cannot be enslaved.
trailboss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2005, 07:31 AM   #7
mountainwolf

I think the website you are talking about is Army Knowledge Online, www.us.army.mil, also her domain for Army email. The problem is that it is a controlled site, and only members of the Army can access it. Therefore, if you are not a member with a password to get in, all that info is protected, and if someone else were to get it for you, it would violate the effected persons privacy. Not to say I haven't seen it done before...
mountainwolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2005, 08:23 AM   #8
madmax79
I'm Old Gregg!

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Try some of the searches on this link: http://www.army.com/resources/find_buddies.html

You may have to register on some to do the search.

Early YJ Club, Member #1, Check out our group: Early YJ Club

Quote:
Epic adventures usually start with something like: "I was looking at a topo map..."
www.matanzasjeepclub.com
madmax79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2005, 08:46 AM   #9
ltmke11
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I dont think the military can help you, Its a private transaction so they wont get involved.

If you can track down the unit CO, that person may or may not talk to the individual.

I am a Major in the Army and while we do get involved in actual credit problems, we dont normally get involved in private party transactions.
ltmke11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2005, 08:59 AM   #10
jeverett
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11_Bravo
I dont think the military can help you, Its a private transaction so they wont get involved.

If you can track down the unit CO, that person may or may not talk to the individual.

I am a Major in the Army and while we do get involved in actual credit problems, we dont normally get involved in private party transactions.
Yeah, but while it is a private transaction. it is still fraud, which if he could find out where she is stationed he can now know what jurisdiction to file the criminal charges against her in as I believe it would have to go through the civialian side not military to file fraud charges. He is not just talking about a bad sale, he is talking about a criminal offence.
Unread 12-15-2005, 09:49 AM   #11
ltmke11
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Well if he has her shipping address, it shouldnt be that hard to find out which military installations are close to that, If he has her name, all he would need to do would be to file a complaint, in the closest city.

All I am saying if i was this persons CO and someone came to me about a bad sale of a computer theres not really anything I could do about it.

Post the link to the ebay sale and lets see how it was written up.
ltmke11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2005, 10:57 AM   #12
Jackpine

Can't help you on the address part but when I was in the AF, we weren't supposed to use our govt email address for personal undertakings. I'm sure it was all monitored by someone. They checked out the internet surfing too. Good luck.
Jackpine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2005, 12:25 PM   #13
VegasJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11_Bravo

I am pretty sure that if you contact her superior and let them in on the activity that she is doing they will want their nose in it. They like to have their nose in EVERYTHING.
Unread 12-15-2005, 12:28 PM   #14
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

If someone called about one of my Soldiers I would only relay the msg to that soldier. I am sure he has his/her side of the story and you have yours. It isn't my place to settle that dispute.

What would your boss/company do in this situation?

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2005, 12:44 PM   #15
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

I just punched in Mandy Mills into my AKO white pages and it didn't show any hits. So, I did Amanda Mills and the only one that came back with mandy.mills@us..... was in the National Guard with no listing for her unit or phone number. So, she's probably a part time soldier and chances of getting any action from her command are slim to none.. Sorry.

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.