Looking to move out west - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Looking to move out west

KrawlOff-Road.com Sale EventFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! *STOP UNWANTED LIGHT BAR NOISE* with Pandemic LED Light Ba

Unread Yesterday, 01:29 PM   #1
reichard117
2014 JK Wrangler 

Looking to move out west

Just trying to pick people's minds on areas to look at. I'm ready to move somewhere new. I've been looking at Colorado a lot. I want somewhere with elevation changes i.e. Mountains and such, and not far from a busy place. I'm early 20s so I like to do things. Jeeps obviously, motocross, hiking, hunting, snowboarding. I can live in a one room place as long as I have a garage.

Where are you guys from? What places can any of you recommend to live? I've done a good bit of traveling, Ohio, New York, Michigan, WV, Virginia, Georgia, Maryland, Nevada, Arizona, Oklahoma, Oregon, Washington, lived in Florida for a year (school) I loved Oregon and Washington.

Follow me on Instagram - @thereich
reichard117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 04:12 PM   #2
ravenworks
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Northern Az is nice.
Unread Yesterday, 05:21 PM   #3
Indy

I live in Wy, have for a long time. I bought a house in Florida, moving there in the next few months after I sell all my Wy properties. When I was younger I thought about living in colorado. I'm in Ft. Collins/Denver fairly often, glad I didn't move there. I'm really glad I'm moving out of the area entirely. Goodbye shoveling snow, hello girls in bikinis.

"Jeeps obviously, motocross, hiking, hunting, snowboarding."

off-roading can be done kind of year round. Winter off-roading usually consists of 10 minutes forward motion, 3 hours of digging someone out. 10 minutes forward, 3 hours digging, back to the road to head home. I don't off-road in the winter anymore. I used to go with a local club. For me, it's not fun and I don't see the attraction.

Motocross, 3 months out of the year. Because the weather sucks.

Hiking, 3 months out of the year. Because the weather sucks. You can do more longer but dead in the mountains isn't a lot of fun imo. Once the snow starts for the year it gets tricky. I've taken snowmobiles/atv's with people who kept commenting about how weird it was to be driving over saplings a few inches high. Then have them start digging and realize we're driving over the tops of trees, not saplings.

Hunting, 10 days a year. I've been hunting for most of my life, year before last I spent elk season in 30 below weather. Pretty. This year for elk season I went to Florida and went deep sea fishing. Pretty and fun.

Snowboarding, 7 months out of the year. Because of all the above

Out here pretty much everyone talks about moving somewhere 'nice' 'someday'. They usually think about doing it after retirement, but by then most folks are set in their rut and will die here. F that, I'm moving now. I'd rather live somewhere nice and die somewhere nice than live somewhere that makes me unhappy 10 months a year and move somewhere nice just to die.
Unread Yesterday, 08:52 PM   #4
reichard117
2014 JK Wrangler 

Yeah I'd kinda like to find a happy medium where it's usually warm but I can go in the mountains for anything I'd like to do. I hated Florida, at least where I was stuck. The humidity and 110% of the people are *******s. I didn't like how everything was all tourists. My town gets tourists one weekend a year (Groundhogs day) and it blows.
Follow me on Instagram - @thereich
reichard117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 12:24 AM   #5
freeskier93
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Colorado is pretty much the obvious answer here.

I haven't been, but my parents really like Seattle and would eventually like to move there.
Unread Today, 01:13 AM   #6
phitmein
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

SC ain't to shabby
phitmein is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 01:29 AM   #7
93_cherokee

I'm in southern az. Yes it gets hot in the summer but all this week we will be in the upper ,70s and sunny. I am an hour from many trails, about half an hour from hunting spots, and 45 minutes from a lake. I can work on my jeep pretty much any time of the year and not have to worry about shoveling snow out of my driveway. In the summer, if Iget too hot, i go inside with ac or drive to a mountain near by where its 30 degrees cooler
93_cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.