Looking to make a move out west - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Looking to make a move out west

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 11-15-2014, 09:02 AM   #1
76silvercj5
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Looking to make a move out west

I am recently separated and looking to uproot and move some place more fitting of my hobbies and lifestyle. (IE Rockies) My only issue is employment. Currently I am in a stable job as a production planner for a large co-packer for Hershey Foods. We just received a new contract that will all but keep me employed for the next 5 years. I have an extensive logistical background with a focus on IT, inventory and WMS systems. You put me in a position and I will thrive.

So what companies are in the Colorado, Utah, Northwest area that I should be looking into? I have browsed online at companies like Coors and Pepsi Co, but I'd rather find some lesser known companies and help their business grow.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I am not above staying put for a year and getting my ducks in a row, but I am at the point where I could pack up my dog in the Jeep and travel to a destination.

Anyone else make this journey in life? How did it turn out for you and do you have any regrets or advice.

thanks,
adam

Unread 11-15-2014, 09:31 AM   #2
ElkhornRanch
1997 ZJ 

Keep an eye on Fat Tire Brewing in Ft. Collins, great company and sounds like your skills would be a good fit. Or Full Sail in Hood River, OR.

I'm in the process of separating and moving on myself. I don't really have any advice however, just don't wallow in it I guess. Stay positive, even if it sucks. Moving somewhere that fits your lifestyle and outlook for the future is a great idea in my opinion. A fresh start somewhere new and exciting. Best of luck in your hunt.
ElkhornRanch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2014, 09:40 AM   #3
76silvercj5
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I will keep an eye open for Fat Tire, I have heard it is a really great company. Thanks for the words of encouragement, its still early on but hopefully we can make the split smoothly and both move on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.