looking at a jeep... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > looking at a jeep...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rock

Unread 12-28-2001, 09:38 PM   #1
Ranger

looking at a jeep...

Hey, im 16, i drive a Ford Ranger right now. but im about to get a Jeep.

i do some light off-road, but this thing will be on the road more often than not. i found a green 1995 Grand Cherokee Laredo with the 5.2L V8. full power, full leather, pretty loaded.

so can someone tell me about this alittle bit? whats the HP in this thing, torque? what kind of engine mod's are available [short of a Supercharger] and where can I get them, and any HP gains you get.

also, the seats in this thing are kinda weird. they arent your average leather seats, they look kinda quilted or something. anyone else have these seats?

i can get the thing for 8,800 out the door. and that is base price. if i tried i could get it for about 5,000 or so with trade in of my old Hundai Scoupe.

help me out. its either this or a V8 Explorer. let me know!

Govenrment Policy: If it aint broken, Fix it till it is.
Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2001, 10:39 PM   #2
OldJeepguy
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally posted by Ranger:
Hey, im 16, i drive a Ford Ranger right now. but im about to get a Jeep.

i do some light off-road, but this thing will be on the road more often than not. i found a green 1995 Grand Cherokee Laredo with the 5.2L V8. full power, full leather, pretty loaded.

so can someone tell me about this alittle bit? whats the HP in this thing, torque? what kind of engine mod's are available [short of a Supercharger] and where can I get them, and any HP gains you get.

also, the seats in this thing are kinda weird. they arent your average leather seats, they look kinda quilted or something. anyone else have these seats?

i can get the thing for 8,800 out the door. and that is base price. if i tried i could get it for about 5,000 or so with trade in of my old Hundai Scoupe.

help me out. its either this or a V8 Explorer. let me know!
The Jeep ZJ is easily twice the vehicle the Turd Exploder is - the 5.2 liter V-8 should have about 230hp stock with about 250 lb ft of torque (I'm really not sure on the actual torque rating). The leather seats with the "pillows" are interesting but never really caught on.
There are exhaust systems available that will net a few more HP/torque and a chip is available to reprogram the engine for better performance.
Unread 12-29-2001, 01:31 AM   #3
horatio102
Web Wheeler

hp and tq should be around 230/285 (at least towards '98 they were).
check http://carpoint.msn.com
horatio102 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.