looking for a good resort in the Caribbean - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > looking for a good resort in the Caribbean

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-30-2001, 08:31 PM   #1
grinder

looking for a good resort in the Caribbean

I want to take a week and go to an island in Feb. Anyone got any good places that they liked?? Any where but Cancun.

Unread 12-31-2001, 12:52 PM   #2
horatio102
Web Wheeler

It may not be where you want to go, but I really enjoyed my ~week in St. John, USVI. Take your passport because you'll fly through Puerto Rico, and have to go through US customs. We got through with driver's license & a song, but that was before beefed up security. If you just want an inexpensive (relatively) roof over your head at night and during the noon rain, look into Samuel's Cottages. You get a roof, bathroom, kitchen, and airconditioned bedroom. Spend the rest of your time chasing donkeys around the island in a Jeep. Lots of rental Jeeps all over the place.
horatio102 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2001, 03:13 PM   #3
bonehead99
1994 YJ Wrangler 

We went to Freeport, Bahamas last Feb. and had a great time. If price is what your after it is a great place. The food is exspensive but drinks are really cheap! Just watchout for the booze cruise! Check out Grand Bahama Vacations
Unread 01-01-2002, 07:08 PM   #4
mud4me

A year ago we (25 of us) went to Negril Jamaica.

Round trip plane, resort for 3 nights/4 days, lodging 3 meals, all you can drink, was $680.00. I took $400.00 cash, came back with $220.00.

Had a great time, beautiful water, beautiful sun, stayed at a small resort that had great personalized service, good food, good everything!! Can't wait to return!
Unread 01-02-2002, 10:56 PM   #5
cj8mike
1984 CJ8 

St. John USVI is by far the best island i have been to date. Gallows Point resort is an excelent place also. Don't miss out on the road side bbq rib's
Unread 01-03-2002, 03:10 AM   #6
horatio102
Web Wheeler

I'd really like to go back to St John, when I've got more than a couple hundred to spend. At the time I was really stressed out from work and I didn't enjoy it enough, but I'd like to go back and spend a lot longer.
Unread 01-03-2002, 03:44 AM   #7
JIM79CJ7

HORATIO ! I'M SUPRISED YOU DIDN'T MENTION THE BEAUTIFUL ISLANDS OFF THE COAST OF YOUR FAIR STATE . IT'S NOT TROPICAL BUT IT IS BEAUTIFUL ! ANY WHERE IN THE PUGET SOUND IS NICE , I PREFER ORCAS ISLAND OR WHIDBEY . IF YOU CAN GET USED TO THE NEED FOR A RAIN JACKET , CONSTANT COFFEE DRINKING OR THE PENTIONT FOR SUICIDE , IT'S AWESOME

Custom Stuff--- [URL=http://www.JCfabanddesign.com]JC Fab & Design[/URL]
ORANGE JEEP CLUB
MEMBER # 1

1979 CJ7 / 304 /T 150 /HUGGER ORANGE PAINT JOB/ Lots of cool stuff
2003 Inca Gold Rubicon , <------ Sissy jeep :)
JIM79CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2002, 06:02 AM   #8
horatio102
Web Wheeler

Too many people up here as it is. Besides, I figured he wanted someplace warm. It's hovering around 40 degrees around here these days.
Unread 01-03-2002, 04:16 PM   #9
Dan Morera

Why an island? don't let out my country, Costa Rica!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.