Looking for a classic Arcade game - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Looking for a classic Arcade game

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-03-2012, 12:49 PM   #1
prjohnson
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Looking for a classic Arcade game

Just finished up my mancave & am looking for a particular arcade game I use to play when I was a kid. Maybe California something...IDK.
Anyway, the game came out sometime in the late 80's & the view is from behind a Ferrari Convertible - A guy & girl are in the car. It's a sit down game, although I do know they made a standing unit. Any help would be great.
Thanks!

prjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #2
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Outrun probably
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7tZFW4WedI
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OutRun
http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_de...p?game_id=8938
Toms87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #3
prjohnson
2002 TJ Wrangler 

That's it! Thanks!

Now the quest to find one near by at a decent price.
Unread 12-03-2012, 04:06 PM   #4
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Atlanta?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sega-Outrun-...item5aeb524170
Toms87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2012, 07:10 AM   #5
prjohnson
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms87 View Post
Yep, I contacted the guy about that one, but I'm sort of holding out on a sit down unit. That one looks pretty nice to pass up though.
Unread 12-04-2012, 08:35 AM   #6
thedude386
2011 JK Wrangler 

The only arcade game that I would ever buy is the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game that I used to play as a Kid...but then again, I have a copy of it on my Xbox, so I can play that any time that I want to...
thedude386 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2012, 08:49 AM   #7
MontaukMan
1977 CJ5 

When I built my man cave i put in a MAME Game Table. It has over 3,000 of the Original Games in one unit. the games are not copy's they are the original code. My table is the cocktail style table and does have OutRun, as well as at least 100 other driving games including PolePosition. If your going to spend the money, mind as well get all of the classic games, just my 2 cents.

search for MAME Arcade in Ebay and you will see what I mean.
MontaukMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2012, 09:47 AM   #8
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

The only problem with MAME cabinets is that you can't really do a lot of specialty games (racing, flight sim, etc.) properly without going all-out and doing the shifter, pedals and steering assemblies which gave those cabinets some charm. I'd love a stand-up shooter like T2 or Area 51.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2012, 10:05 AM   #9
prjohnson
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I've considered MAME & they are great. To me, there's something I really like about the old game setups. Being a kid in the 80's, I spent a lot of time in the arcades & like seeing the boxes with logos.
In the past I've had an NBA Jam 4 person game & more recently a Super Mario Brothers 3 Pinball.
Unread 12-04-2012, 10:13 AM   #10
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

There's a place up in New Hampshire called Funspot that has a huge collection of classic arcade games; they might even claim to be the biggest. Check out their wesite and maybe get in touch. They used to sell games from time to time but it's been years since I've been there.

http://www.classicarcademuseum.org/

http://www.funspotnh.com/
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2012, 12:45 PM   #11
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

If I got an arcade game from my youth it would have to be Donkey Kong. The original. I spent WAY too many hours riding my bike to the local 7-11, buying Canonball Run cup Big Gulps and Twix bars and playing DK... Good times.
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2012, 12:59 PM   #12
prjohnson
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickpl View Post
If I got an arcade game from my youth it would have to be Donkey Kong. The original. I spent WAY too many hours riding my bike to the local 7-11, buying Canonball Run cup Big Gulps and Twix bars and playing DK... Good times.
You can probably find one that isn't too expensive. A lot of stand up games are decent priced. Pinball games are what can catch a pretty penny.
Unread 12-10-2012, 02:11 PM   #13
seraph_rapture
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Damn, this got me thinking about how awesome it would be to have a stand up version of Street Fighter II or Samurai Showdown.
Unread 12-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #14
prjohnson
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraph_rapture View Post
Damn, this got me thinking about how awesome it would be to have a stand up version of Street Fighter II or Samurai Showdown.
They're pretty fun when you & some competitive buddys have been drinking a few. When I had four player NBA Jam, we use to have some pretty nasty competitions.
One thing that's fun is as the owner, you'll end up very very good at the game. After your friends have had a few, they'll tend to forget you've had a lot of expirence playing & some will get pretty pissed when you're kicking their @ss all over the place.
If they're not good friends, then always place a bet.
Unread 12-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #15
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I traded a hot tub for a full working Galaxian game. The only thing I had to buy extra was the actual coin mechanisms but they were $15 shipping included on ebay.
The oldies are the best. Something about the standing up dropping quarters into the slot to waste a few minutes of youth....or daydream you are back there doing it....no bills, no kids, no job, NO WORRIES!!
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.