Lockers - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 32 Old 06-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Millermagic
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Syracuse
Posts: 2,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
Recovery gear > unnecessary traction.
I can't say I've been stuck because of lack of traction. Quite the opposite, my abundance of traction digging me to the diffs ... or doors ... or windows.

2000 XJ - 3.5'' Lift & Skinny Mudders.
Previous: A CJ, Few TJs and JK.
Millermagic is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 32 Old 06-19-2012, 02:14 PM
98muddyjeep
rockin lil red wagon
 
98muddyjeep's Avatar
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Hatboro PA
Posts: 1,275
I agree wenches and hoes are definitly the way to go.

ah,beer the cause of and cure to all of lifes problems ...Homer J Simpson... I am the guy in the red jeep!
98muddyjeep is offline  
post #18 of 32 Old 06-19-2012, 03:44 PM
Xpress
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The Great Big Box
Posts: 5,929
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98muddyjeep View Post
I agree wenches and hoes are definitly the way to go.
No need to get Jeep unstuck when you have wenches to go round. Just don't tell the wife.

All about that unibody life.
Xpress is offline  
post #19 of 32 Old 06-19-2012, 05:48 PM
JLITTY
Registered User
1946 CJ2A 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ERIE
Posts: 249
Just buy my 8274 and pull your self out all day.
JLITTY is offline  
post #20 of 32 Old 06-19-2012, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
astn666
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 19
I live in canada and im planning mostly driving street but ive herd that auto lockers will lock up if ur drivibg on the highway and your tire slipps alittle bit and its hard to control is this true? I am deffinitely getting a warn 8,000lb winch tho
astn666 is offline  
post #21 of 32 Old 06-19-2012, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
astn666
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 19
center=49.115819,-123.866215&zoom=14&markers=49.115819,-123.866215&size=400x300&sensor=true[/IMG]
Attached Thumbnails
image-707857615.jpg  

Last edited by astn666; 07-29-2013 at 11:53 PM.
astn666 is offline  
post #22 of 32 Old 06-20-2012, 05:17 AM
JFranko
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Youngstown/Columbus Ohio
Posts: 1,666
Giving 'Cause your location was probably the biggest mistake you could have possibly made.


An auto locker in the front won't engage in 2wd, and you won't notice it on pavement. If you're driving in the snow you just need to just adjust your driving style, like try not accelerating while you're turning, or the front will lock up. I've done it and didn't lose control of the vehicle like some people claim, you just need to make sure you have a good grip on the wheel because it's going to want to return to center.

1992 YJ Wrangler 4.0L, NV3550, 2.5" suspension lift, 32" BFG M/Ts, lots of other cool stuff
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #494
JFranko is offline  
post #23 of 32 Old 06-20-2012, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
astn666
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 19
Ohhhhhh i seeee cool
astn666 is offline  
post #24 of 32 Old 06-20-2012, 10:04 AM
Ross
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 12,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFranko View Post
Giving 'Cause your location was probably the biggest mistake you could have possibly made.


An auto locker in the front won't engage in 2wd, and you won't notice it on pavement. If you're driving in the snow you just need to just adjust your driving style, like try not accelerating while you're turning, or the front will lock up. I've done it and didn't lose control of the vehicle like some people claim, you just need to make sure you have a good grip on the wheel because it's going to want to return to center.
I just don't see that as expectable for a daily driver, I wouldn't even like it on a trail rig. The option of be able to turn when you want is kind of a cool one. What if you need to accelerate while turning?

01 TJ, 34 Super Swaper 34x10.5 bias, Winch, locked, belly up, some armor, 4.0, 5spd
Ross is offline  
post #25 of 32 Old 06-20-2012, 11:20 PM
JFranko
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Youngstown/Columbus Ohio
Posts: 1,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
I just don't see that as expectable for a daily driver, I wouldn't even like it on a trail rig. The option of be able to turn when you want is kind of a cool one. What if you need to accelerate while turning?
Then hold onto the wheel and accelerate. It's not that you can't it's just that if you're in 4wd the front axle will lock and the wheels will try to return to center, which if you're using 4wd when you should (not dry pavement) isn't an issue. A lot of people make a big deal out of it but it really isn't bad, I've never had my Jeep push through a turn because of the front wheels being locked, but I also don't try flying through corners in the snow.

1992 YJ Wrangler 4.0L, NV3550, 2.5" suspension lift, 32" BFG M/Ts, lots of other cool stuff
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #494
JFranko is offline  
post #26 of 32 Old 06-21-2012, 12:07 AM
Cause
MR CONGENIALITY
 
Cause's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by astn666 View Post
Hould i get air, auto, or cable lockers or just a winch?
Quote:
Originally Posted by astn666 View Post
I know it doesnt i was just thinkin i can get lockers to not get stuck in the trail or go cheaper and get a winch for if i do get stuck, but ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by astn666 View Post
I live in canada and im planning mostly driving street but ive herd that auto lockers will lock up if ur drivibg on the highway and your tire slipps alittle bit and its hard to control is this true? I am deffinitely getting a warn 8,000lb winch tho
So... which is it?
Are you; retarded, a troll, eleven years old, or a proud product of the Canadian public school system?


Quote:
Originally Posted by astn666 View Post
Ohhhhhh i seeee cool



1. Stupidity should be more painful!
2. Don't believe everything you think!
3. Your post is as worthless as you!
Cause is offline  
post #27 of 32 Old 06-21-2012, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
astn666
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 19
Ohh i see your one of those people that have no life so they just pick apart every sentence someone makes for errors? Correct?
astn666 is offline  
post #28 of 32 Old 06-21-2012, 02:12 PM
Ross
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 12,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFranko View Post
Then hold onto the wheel and accelerate. It's not that you can't it's just that if you're in 4wd the front axle will lock and the wheels will try to return to center, which if you're using 4wd when you should (not dry pavement) isn't an issue. A lot of people make a big deal out of it but it really isn't bad, I've never had my Jeep push through a turn because of the front wheels being locked, but I also don't try flying through corners in the snow.
Auto lockers must behave differently than selectable. If I am on a slick surface and lock my front ARB I not going to be able to turn much it any. Even on a surface were I do get traction the ability to turn is greatly reduced.

01 TJ, 34 Super Swaper 34x10.5 bias, Winch, locked, belly up, some armor, 4.0, 5spd
Ross is offline  
post #29 of 32 Old 06-21-2012, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
astn666
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cause

So... which is it?
Are you; retarded, a troll, eleven years old, or a proud product of the Canadian public school system?

Ohh i see your one of those people that have no life so they just pick apart every sentence someone makes for errors? Correct?
astn666 is offline  
post #30 of 32 Old 06-21-2012, 03:28 PM
Marn
Station Wagoneer
 
Marn's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 11,246
If you only knew.

-Andrew

Illegitimi Non Carborundum


The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Marn is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome