Lockers - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Lockers

D.i.y. Ford 8.8 tj,xj,yjSavvy Aluminum BumpersSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 06-19-2012, 02:14 PM   #16
Millermagic
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
Recovery gear > unnecessary traction.
I can't say I've been stuck because of lack of traction. Quite the opposite, my abundance of traction digging me to the diffs ... or doors ... or windows.

Unread 06-19-2012, 02:14 PM   #17
98muddyjeep
rockin lil red wagon

1998 XJ Cherokee 

I agree wenches and hoes are definitly the way to go.
Unread 06-19-2012, 03:44 PM   #18
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98muddyjeep View Post
I agree wenches and hoes are definitly the way to go.
No need to get Jeep unstuck when you have wenches to go round. Just don't tell the wife.

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #19
JLITTY
1946 CJ2A 

Just buy my 8274 and pull your self out all day.
JLITTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 11:31 PM   #20
astn666

I live in canada and im planning mostly driving street but ive herd that auto lockers will lock up if ur drivibg on the highway and your tire slipps alittle bit and its hard to control is this true? I am deffinitely getting a warn 8,000lb winch tho
astn666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 11:32 PM   #21
astn666

center=49.115819,-123.866215&zoom=14&markers=49.115819,-123.866215&size=400x300&sensor=true[/IMG]
image-707857615.jpg  

Last edited by astn666; 07-29-2013 at 11:53 PM..
Unread 06-20-2012, 05:17 AM   #22
JFranko
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Giving 'Cause your location was probably the biggest mistake you could have possibly made.

An auto locker in the front won't engage in 2wd, and you won't notice it on pavement. If you're driving in the snow you just need to just adjust your driving style, like try not accelerating while you're turning, or the front will lock up. I've done it and didn't lose control of the vehicle like some people claim, you just need to make sure you have a good grip on the wheel because it's going to want to return to center.
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #494
JFranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 07:19 AM   #23
astn666

Ohhhhhh i seeee cool
Unread 06-20-2012, 10:04 AM   #24
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFranko View Post
Giving 'Cause your location was probably the biggest mistake you could have possibly made.

An auto locker in the front won't engage in 2wd, and you won't notice it on pavement. If you're driving in the snow you just need to just adjust your driving style, like try not accelerating while you're turning, or the front will lock up. I've done it and didn't lose control of the vehicle like some people claim, you just need to make sure you have a good grip on the wheel because it's going to want to return to center.
I just don't see that as expectable for a daily driver, I wouldn't even like it on a trail rig. The option of be able to turn when you want is kind of a cool one. What if you need to accelerate while turning?

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 11:20 PM   #25
JFranko
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
I just don't see that as expectable for a daily driver, I wouldn't even like it on a trail rig. The option of be able to turn when you want is kind of a cool one. What if you need to accelerate while turning?
Then hold onto the wheel and accelerate. It's not that you can't it's just that if you're in 4wd the front axle will lock and the wheels will try to return to center, which if you're using 4wd when you should (not dry pavement) isn't an issue. A lot of people make a big deal out of it but it really isn't bad, I've never had my Jeep push through a turn because of the front wheels being locked, but I also don't try flying through corners in the snow.
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #494
JFranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 12:07 AM   #26
Cause
WHAT !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by astn666 View Post
Hould i get air, auto, or cable lockers or just a winch?
Quote:
I know it doesnt i was just thinkin i can get lockers to not get stuck in the trail or go cheaper and get a winch for if i do get stuck, but ok.
Quote:
I live in canada and im planning mostly driving street but ive herd that auto lockers will lock up if ur drivibg on the highway and your tire slipps alittle bit and its hard to control is this true? I am deffinitely getting a warn 8,000lb winch tho
So... which is it?
Are you; retarded, a troll, eleven years old, or a proud product of the Canadian public school system?

Quote:
Ohhhhhh i seeee cool

Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 10:55 AM   #27
astn666

Ohh i see your one of those people that have no life so they just pick apart every sentence someone makes for errors? Correct?
Unread 06-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #28
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFranko View Post
Then hold onto the wheel and accelerate. It's not that you can't it's just that if you're in 4wd the front axle will lock and the wheels will try to return to center, which if you're using 4wd when you should (not dry pavement) isn't an issue. A lot of people make a big deal out of it but it really isn't bad, I've never had my Jeep push through a turn because of the front wheels being locked, but I also don't try flying through corners in the snow.
Auto lockers must behave differently than selectable. If I am on a slick surface and lock my front ARB I not going to be able to turn much it any. Even on a surface were I do get traction the ability to turn is greatly reduced.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 02:20 PM   #29
astn666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cause

So... which is it?
Are you; retarded, a troll, eleven years old, or a proud product of the Canadian public school system?

Ohh i see your one of those people that have no life so they just pick apart every sentence someone makes for errors? Correct?
Unread 06-21-2012, 03:28 PM   #30
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

If you only knew.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.