Life time powertrain warranty - Merged - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Life time powertrain warranty - Merged

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 07-26-2007, 10:34 AM   #1
jdemonto
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Life time powertrain warranty - Merged

Chrysler will announce today a new Life time powertrain on all Gas vehicles sold in the US.

Great news for wrangler owners!

What we know:
Excludes Diesels
NON transferable
Must have dealer inspection every 5 years and you get a 6 week window to keep the warranty

Unread 07-26-2007, 11:34 AM   #2
parakleets
2008 JK Wrangler 

I just purchased my JK Unlimited, last week! Can this warranty be post-dated? I mean come on...it's only been like 8 days!
parakleets is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2007, 12:46 PM   #3
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by parakleets
I just purchased my JK Unlimited, last week! Can this warranty be post-dated? I mean come on...it's only been like 8 days!
Contact your dealer, in most cases yes it can!
Thanks to our Sponsors:
Delmarva Offroad - F-O-A Shocks - BD Turnkey Engine - Under Cover Fab - Jer-C Transmissions - Quigley Driveshafts

Delmarva Offroad
You call it rolling, we call it R&D! 443-951-JEEP
mferrari is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2007, 12:52 PM   #4
jdemonto
2005 LJ Wrangler 

press release!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chrysler Introduces New 'Best-in-Industry' Lifetime Powertrain Warranty
on Chrysler, Jeep® and Dodge Vehicles

* The New Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty – the first from an OEM and the longest in the industry – is a statement of confidence in the reliability of Chrysler products
* Warranty covers the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair covered powertrain components – engine, transmission and drive system
* Provides worry-free ownership for new Chrysler, Jeep® and Dodge owners

Auburn Hills, Mich., Jul 26, 2007 - Chrysler today announced that the Company would extend its powertrain warranty from the 3-year/36,000-mile Basic Limited Warranty to a new Lifetime Powertrain Warranty. The new Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty applies to most new Chrysler, Jeep® and Dodge vehicles purchased from dealer inventory and delivered on or after July 26, 2007.

The Lifetime Powertrain Warranty covers the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair covered powertrain components – engine, transmission and drive system. The new powertrain warranty is limited to the first registered owner or retail lessee. Customers should contact dealers for details on vehicle selection.

"This new Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty is a statement of confidence to our customers to the reliability of their powertrain. It's peace-of-mind reassurance for as long as they own the vehicle," said Steven Landry, Executive Vice President – North America, Sales and Marketing, Service and Parts, Chrysler Group.

To continue warranty coverage, the owner must have a powertrain inspection performed by an authorized Chrysler, Jeep or Dodge dealer once every 5 years. This inspection will be performed at no charge. The inspection must be made within 60 days of each 5-year anniversary of the warranty start date of the vehicle.

Landry added, "The new Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty underscores our focus on quality and customer satisfaction. It demonstrates our commitment to customers and the confidence we have in our ability to produce quality, reliable and durable vehicles. That's why we put 'lifetime' on it."
Unread 07-26-2007, 01:23 PM   #5
itasor
2009 JK Wrangler 

How long is the bumper to bumper warranty if you purchase a vehicle with this warranty? I mean covering small stuff like pumps, electrical stuff, etc.
itasor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2007, 01:42 PM   #6
sportjeeptj99
2007 MK Patriot 

BREAKING NEWS - Lifetime Powertrain Warranty

This is great news! Other then the fact i bought my Pat 3 weeks ago and it's not covered according to the article.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/07/26/b...rain-warranty/
sportjeeptj99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2007, 01:56 PM   #7
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Already posted on the home page - Jeep/DC News

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f147/

Mines a year old in 2 days. I think I missed the cut off date

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2007, 02:29 PM   #8
jdemonto
2005 LJ Wrangler 

re.lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by itasor
How long is the bumper to bumper warranty if you purchase a vehicle with this warranty? I mean covering small stuff like pumps, electrical stuff, etc.
3/36 BUT there is a wrap warranty avail...Which means that a consumer will get a extended for less since the factory is now lifetime!!!

Jason
Unread 07-26-2007, 02:35 PM   #9
element981
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I just called my dealer and they said sorry "It is only for July 26, 2007 and on." Weak! I bought mine last Thursday.

Chris
element981 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2007, 03:14 PM   #10
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

my .02, but if there were confident with their products they should gradfather in all 07 vehicles. that would be a true display of confidence.
Coasty161 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2007, 03:29 PM   #11
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

True, but I doubt it. Bean counters and all ya know.
Unread 07-26-2007, 03:38 PM   #12
CowardRubi06

I just read that on autoblog....I almost freaked lol
Unread 07-26-2007, 05:01 PM   #13
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

very true... but still, wouldnt it be a great gesture to everyone that bought a jeep in the last year. would be a good way for them to say thank u!
Coasty161 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2007, 05:13 PM   #14
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

It would be a great gesture, but I'm also wondering if they will void any engine or powertrain things for simple stuff like an air intake or cat back to get out of it. (VW does it often it seems.)
Unread 07-26-2007, 05:43 PM   #15
CowardRubi06

That lifetime warranty sounds interesting, I read it earlier on autoblog and it got me excited for some reason haha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.