Lets talk Cigars - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Lets talk Cigars

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 12-29-2011, 09:06 AM   #91
DbLTap
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I met one of the owners of Oliva cigars. He gave some sticks to try. They were really good definitely going to pick up some more.

DbLTap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #92
DbLTap
1993 YJ Wrangler 

How was everyone's new Year. What's everyone Trying out new to burn this year?
Unread 01-07-2012, 09:16 PM   #93
bigred33
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I had a Camacho Diploma a couple days ago, was good. Sitting on a Rocky Patel Sun Grown, had one a couple weeks ago as well, very nice.
bigred33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 12:23 PM   #94
CRider74
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Hrm, notables I've had recently...Camacho Liberty '11. Great smoke. Had a Liga Privada Feral Pig last night...it was outstanding, almost as good as the LP Flying Pig #9 which was one of my absolute fav's.
Unread 01-09-2012, 08:02 AM   #95
DbLTap
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Going to have to try that one!
Unread 01-09-2012, 08:42 AM   #96
TeamPanda
1985 CJ7 

I'll smoke just about anything as long as it's hand rolled with long filler and anything but a candela wrapper.

You can debate all day long about where the name "Jeep" came from but the simple truth is, all the really good four letter words were already taken.
TeamPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2012, 09:23 AM   #97
CRider74
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DbLTap View Post
Going to have to try that one!
Get it now if you want it...the shops around me are limiting sales to 1 or 3 max per customer because they're so limited. Not a cheap stick, around $15-17...I wouldn't buy it daily, but it was worth it once for sure.
Unread 01-10-2012, 08:13 PM   #98
DbLTap
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRider74

Get it now if you want it...the shops around me are limiting sales to 1 or 3 max per customer because they're so limited. Not a cheap stick, around $15-17...I wouldn't buy it daily, but it was worth it once for sure.
Thx for the info
Unread 01-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #99
Fireman4X4
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Just enjoyed a Macanudo Maduro Vintage 1997 the other day while walking around downtown Denver. I must say, it was one of the finer smokes I have had in a long time. Highly recommended!
Colorado Jeep Club Member #252
1994 YJ with lots of fun stuff
2003 KJ Bone stock piece of junk[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Fireman4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #100
CRider74
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman4X4 View Post
Just enjoyed a Macanudo Maduro Vintage 1997 the other day while walking around downtown Denver. I must say, it was one of the finer smokes I have had in a long time. Highly recommended!
I'm really not a fan o f Macanudo in general...but that one's a pretty damn good smoke.
Unread 01-11-2012, 09:44 AM   #101
Fireman4X4
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I noticed earlier in the thread that someone had posted about their humidor being forgotten and let the humidity drop. I am in a similar situation:
My wife bought the humidor for me for our first anniversary. It was an awesome gesture, and I truly love the woman for it. However, she bought it at a store that specializes in engraving items. Ya know, they sell everything from wrist watches to plaques. So I know it's not a "top of the line" box.
Problem is, I can not keep the humidity where I would like it. I treated it following the manufacturers instructions and the hygrometer (el cheapo to say the least) was reading 60%-70%. Cool!
gave it a week, and it dropped into the 30's and I panicked. Gave them some TLC and brought 'em back nice and slow. Again 60%-70%.
Now, I cant keep that range for more than a few days. My question is this: Is it worth it to try to rehab the box (new hygrometer etc.) and hope for the best? OR, should I look into a good humidor scrap the one I have now? I hate the thought of that, mainly because it would devastate my wife if she knew the one she got me was junk...
Unread 01-11-2012, 10:39 AM   #102
CRider74
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Been there dude. You may be able to salvage it. Most likely, it doesn't have a good seal and is simply loosing the humidity through a gap in the lid. I put a thin coat of silicon around the lip (keeping the cigars in tupperware until it was very cured and has no more odor at all). What do you use for humidification?
Unread 01-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #103
Fireman4X4
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I use distilled water in the humidifiers that came with it:

This is my typical setup:

Your comment about the silicon got me thinking. I took a close look at the lid seal and all joints in the wood inside. There seems to be a minute (yet important) gap in a number of places. I will certainly try sealing it up tighter and report back. Thanks CRider!
Unread 01-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #104
CRider74
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Cool, hope it helps! Those humidifiers prolly have the cheap green foam in em...they can mold over time which can obviously create problems. Gel/beads can do a lot better job over the long run. If you're not sure where to get em, send me a PM with your snailer and I can help ya out maybe.
Unread 01-11-2012, 11:26 PM   #105
taythegibs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

ive recently gotten these-

and 16 (4 of 4 different ones) vincent sinclairs (for next to nothing, but im not fond of the ones ive tried so far)
taythegibs is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.