Lets talk Cigars - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Lets talk Cigars

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 12-05-2011, 07:58 PM   #76
CRider74
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Got a tupperware (or similar) container you can put em in with a single humi-pak? If you just did it, you should be ok if you get em outta there and bring em up slowly in another container while you re-humidify your humidor.

Unread 12-05-2011, 08:01 PM   #77
threeb
Web Wheeler

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRider74
Got a tupperware (or similar) container you can put em in with a single humi-pak? If you just did it, you should be ok if you get em outta there and bring em up slowly in another container while you re-humidify your humidor.
It was Friday I think I did all that.
LJ Owners Group member #431.
threeb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2011, 08:03 PM   #78
CRider74
1996 XJ Cherokee 

If they haven't swelled or cracked yet, you still have a chance. If they're what I think they are, it's worth trying.
Unread 12-05-2011, 08:18 PM   #79
threeb
Web Wheeler

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Rhymes with tuba.
Unread 12-05-2011, 08:22 PM   #80
threeb
Web Wheeler

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Just moved them to a Tupperware with a humida pac. Hope it works.
Unread 12-05-2011, 08:34 PM   #81
CRider74
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Good luck man, lemme know how you make out!
Unread 12-05-2011, 08:35 PM   #82
threeb
Web Wheeler

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Sure will how long should I leave them in the Tupperware?
Unread 12-05-2011, 08:37 PM   #83
CRider74
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Til they're back up to 60-62% I'd guess (I keep my humidor around 65). Slow is the main key, try not to let it go up more than a few % a day so they have time to acclimate and not soak it all up at once which will result in swelling and cracking, ruining the sticks.
Unread 12-05-2011, 09:02 PM   #84
Apollosenvy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I've found certain cigars last better then others when accidentally dried out. I was given 8 or so Bolivars that had been neglected for some months and they revitalized quite nicely, however I bought a couple Patel '90s that had been stored improperly, and they ended up being a waste of money.
A few good cigars to try:
Arturo Fuente Hemingway short story
Fuente Fuente Opus X (Expensive and hard to find but easily the best non Cuban available)
Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 and 1992. They have two totally different flavors, the '90 is rather bold, the '92 is more subtle
Camacho Triple Maduro (Caution: very potent. Smoke Slowly or rick being knocked on your ***)
Some people love the Ghurkas and the Acids. I've found them to be overpriced for what they are. Every Ghurka has been a waste of money, as the cigar was malformed and needed severe cutting. Such is the risk of glass tubes covered in wax. Actually the tobacco in Kuba Kuba Maduros is pretty good, but they flavor the wrapper so much it makes me ill.

Personal preference: Patel 1990 and Bookers Bourbon.
Apollosenvy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2011, 07:12 AM   #85
GvilleJeeper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeb View Post
Just moved them to a Tupperware with a humida pac. Hope it works.
Follow everything CRider suggested and you should be in good shape!! Let us know how you turn out with them!
GvilleJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2011, 07:12 AM   #86
CRider74
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Ok, I giggled a little at "Camacho Triple Maduro (Caution: very potent. Smoke Slowly or rick being knocked on your ***)"...only cuz these are one of my favorite smokes. I don't get them as often as I'd like due to the price, but if I could, I'd have one every morning with a cup of coffee. Gurkhas...well, it depends. The Triple Ligero is an excellent smoke and can be had on cigar-bid for about $28/10cigars. The Spec Ops was a tasty smoke, although getting hard to find due to their limited numbers. Acids...well, I don't like flavored cigars for the most part myself...but they make a quality cigar if the flavors are interesting to you. I will admit I do like the "Java" by Drew Estate...mainly cuz it goes good with a cup of coffee I suppose :lol: I'll disagree on the Opus X being the best non Cuban available...although I will say they are very consistently made and they ARE a good smoke, but to my tastes, it's certainly not my favorite. The Short Story on the other hand is a great smoke and on my short list of go-to smokes when I hit the store. I don't think I've had a Rocky Patel I didn't like either. That's the beauty of cigars though...there's soooooo many out there, always new ones to try.
Unread 12-06-2011, 07:21 AM   #87
GvilleJeeper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have been on a Nicaraguan kick lately. Just took a gamble on a box of Nica-Libre off Cigar international. Has anyone tried these? Giving them a chance to rest in the humi for a few days and I will let you guys know how they are. Also scored a pretty good price on Carlos Torano Noventas. Can't wait to try both of these!
Unread 12-06-2011, 07:31 AM   #88
CRider74
1996 XJ Cherokee 

The Nica-Libre's are a decent every-day sorta cigar. Not a dog rocket, but it won't leave you drooling either They're good during a poker game when you can't pay as much attention to the cigar as you'd like. Those Noventas are tasty, like them quite a bit!
Unread 12-06-2011, 08:02 AM   #89
GvilleJeeper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRider74 View Post
The Nica-Libre's are a decent every-day sorta cigar. Not a dog rocket, but it won't leave you drooling either They're good during a poker game when you can't pay as much attention to the cigar as you'd like. Those Noventas are tasty, like them quite a bit!
Thanks CRider, I wanted something for the winter months that I wouldn't be overly upset with wasting if it was too cold outside or for the ride home in the jeep, where I tend to smoke most of my cigars in the winter months. Although the wife doesnt mind me smoking, I still haven't gotten the okay to smoke inside. There will definitely be plans for a Cigar room in our future house!!
Thinking seriously of investing in one of those outdoor gas heaters!
Unread 12-06-2011, 08:19 AM   #90
CRider74
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GvilleJeeper View Post
Thanks CRider, I wanted something for the winter months that I wouldn't be overly upset with wasting if it was too cold outside or for the ride home in the jeep, where I tend to smoke most of my cigars in the winter months. Although the wife doesnt mind me smoking, I still haven't gotten the okay to smoke inside. There will definitely be plans for a Cigar room in our future house!!
Thinking seriously of investing in one of those outdoor gas heaters!
The NL is a perfect choice for that! I'm lucky, I rent a house from the coolest landlords ever...they let me turn the basement into a smoking/poker room

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.