Lets talk Cigars - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Lets talk Cigars

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Alloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 11-25-2011, 10:19 PM   #61
taythegibs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Im still fooling with my coolidor to try and get the humidity levels right, it was sitting right around 80% but i think i have it down to about 70% now....

taythegibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2011, 09:08 PM   #62
DbLTap
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Here is an interesting question... What got you to start smoking cigars? I started because I got married, I will elaborate... The wife doesn't like the smell which means alone time 😉. "ok hun I'll get to that when I'm done smoking this stogie" which means 30-45 min delay. LoL. Still married going on 15 years thanks for the advise gramps.
DbLTap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2011, 09:13 PM   #63
Lamont_24
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DbLTap
Here is an interesting question... What got you to start smoking cigars? I started because I got married, I will elaborate... The wife doesn't like the smell which means alone time dde09. "ok hun I'll get to that when I'm done smoking this stogie" which means 30-45 min delay. LoL. Still married going on 15 years thanks for the advise gramps.
Had my first puff freshman year if high school ad senior year decided to try it out and liked it
[COLOR="Indigo"]Purple Jeep Club member #13[/COLOR]
Lamont_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2011, 09:31 PM   #64
T8ter
1974 CJ5 

For the money I like Arturo Fuente Hemmingway
Unread 12-02-2011, 08:12 AM   #65
UZI4U
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeebe View Post
i have a buddy who also smokes a lot (used to be 2 a day before his wife started to get on him). he got a hold of a cuban and wasn't really impressed. granted, i have never smoked one, but i'm not sure if it will be worth more than the novelty. have you had one?
The Cubans used to be the **** for cigars. Unfortunately, communism ruined the industry and most of the good makers fled to the Dominican Republc (Reagan did good freeing that place). The Dominicans are becoming the standard to follow because all of the good makers are there.
Unread 12-02-2011, 08:50 AM   #66
CRider74
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DbLTap View Post
Here is an interesting question... What got you to start smoking cigars? I started because I got married, I will elaborate... The wife doesn't like the smell which means alone time 😉. "ok hun I'll get to that when I'm done smoking this stogie" which means 30-45 min delay. LoL. Still married going on 15 years thanks for the advise gramps.
I started out when I was night-fishing...bugs were bad, buddy handed me a Philly (yeah yeah, I know LOL), and it worked. Eventually realized that there had to be something better...tried an Ashton Connecticut Churchill, and the rest was history. My wife actually enjoys my cigars...buys them for me sometimes...plays poker in my cave with the guys while a few of us enjoy cigars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UZI4U View Post
The Cubans used to be the **** for cigars. Unfortunately, communism ruined the industry and most of the good makers fled to the Dominican Republc (Reagan did good freeing that place). The Dominicans are becoming the standard to follow because all of the good makers are there.
For my money, I definitely prefer Nicaraguan tobacco over Dominican any day. There's still some outstanding Cuban smokes...but it's not a given that it's a great smoke just cuz it's Cuban.
Unread 12-02-2011, 08:32 PM   #67
taythegibs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

From yesterday, forgot to post it here-

Quote:
I finally got a chance to try another of the CAO's and i went with the MX2.... I was very disappointed with the construction of it. Towards the foot there were several soft spots and 'holes' in the filler, the middle of the body was ok and then towards the head was the opposite of the foot it was packed tight! The wrapper had several thick veins in it that i though was surprising after enjoying the Black.

I cut the cap off and lit it with a match and tried to draw... the head was too tightly packed to get much of a draw at all...i fiddled with the MX2 and rolled the third at the head end between my fingers to try and loosen it (i was out and about so i couldn't look it up to see if there was a proper way to do so) by the time i could get a decent draw i had to relight.

The burn was not even and the center didnt seem to burn much at all at the half centimeter by the foot and then the last couple of inches. The taste was meh at best the first half but then got better as i got into0 the second. I dont know if i just got a dud or what but i was NOT impressed at all by the MX2 which seems odd after reading several great reviews about it

The cigar had been in my coolidor (averages 66-67% humidity and 68-71 degrees) since Nov. 21 and i had pulled it out about 45 min before i smoked it.
taythegibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2011, 08:55 AM   #68
threeb

2004 LJ Wrangler 

I moved a few months ago. I kinda forgot about my humidor. It was 40% rh how screwed am I?
LJ Owners Group member #431.
threeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 11:55 AM   #69
GvilleJeeper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeb View Post
I moved a few months ago. I kinda forgot about my humidor. It was 40% rh how screwed am I?
How many cigars we talking about and how long did it go this low? You might be able to bring them back to life, but Cigars lose alot of essential oils when they go without the proper temps and humidity. If you are talking about a whole humidor full it may be worth it to try and salvage them. If it is just a few sticks, I would count your loses and start over.
GvilleJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 12:02 PM   #70
GvilleJeeper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DbLTap View Post
Here is an interesting question... What got you to start smoking cigars? I started because I got married, I will elaborate... The wife doesn't like the smell which means alone time ��. "ok hun I'll get to that when I'm done smoking this stogie" which means 30-45 min delay. LoL. Still married going on 15 years thanks for the advise gramps.
Well I am of Cuban descent so I guess it is in my blood, but actually I watched my Grandfather smoke Cigars my entire life till he passed away recenty. If he wasnt smoking one he was chewing one or had one in his front shirt pocket. I was never really interested untill he gave me one when my 1st son was born 6yrs ago, been smoking them since.

The wife doesnt really mind, as a matter of fact she likes the smell of them and like CRider actually will go to the local cigar shop and surprise me with a few sticks from time to time.
GvilleJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 04:56 PM   #71
threeb

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GvilleJeeper

How many cigars we talking about and how long did it go this low? You might be able to bring them back to life, but Cigars lose alot of essential oils when they go without the proper temps and humidity. If you are talking about a whole humidor full it may be worth it to try and salvage them. If it is just a few sticks, I would count your loses and start over.
About a month. I have a couple that you can't get in the states. 7 or 8 total.
Unread 12-05-2011, 06:04 PM   #72
CRider74
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeb View Post
About a month. I have a couple that you can't get in the states. 7 or 8 total.
I'd give it a shot...you wanna bring the humidity up slowly, real slowly. Worst case scenario, they're too far gone...but it's likely worth the effort to try IMO.
Unread 12-05-2011, 06:08 PM   #73
WhiteMtnJeep
The Punk Made My Day.....

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Arturo Fuentes, Romeo y Julietta, Macanudo, and of course REAL Cubans. Macanudo used to make Lady Claibourne, but I can't find them anymore. They were cool, too.

Journeyman Polyphase Meterman IBEW Local 387

Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than for man.

http://www.treadlightly.org/

Siena Jeep Owner's Member 25

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-

()_) ()_)-O-)_)
WhiteMtnJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 06:10 PM   #74
cherokeekid58
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I favor Kuba Acids. But I'm a younger guy and that cigar has a younger person flavor if that makes sence. But I always light my cigars with a wooden match.

So far it seems correlated to OCD and the need to look at one's poop."
cherokeekid58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 06:54 PM   #75
threeb

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRider74

I'd give it a shot...you wanna bring the humidity up slowly, real slowly. Worst case scenario, they're too far gone...but it's likely worth the effort to try IMO.
I'm screwed then, I just shoved a couple humidity packs and wiped the drawers with a wet rag.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.