Lets talk Cigars - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Lets talk Cigars

Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBlack Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHut

Unread 11-19-2011, 04:17 AM   #1
taythegibs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Lets talk Cigars

over the last year or two ive been getting into cigars, i know a couple of you out there somke em so lets see what you like!

ive had a couple Playboy by Don Diego's that i enjoyed. http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=157

and the other day i ordered a "Stocking Stuffer Sampler" by CAO it has-
1 - CAO Black Ltd. Bengal (6.0" x 50)
1 - CAO 'VR' Moby (6.0" x 50)
1 - CAO Brazilia Gol! (5.0" x 56)
1 - CAO Italia Ciao (5.0" x 56)
1 - CAO Mx2 Robusto (5.0" x 52)

plus a Black-Ops 'Kilo' Lighter and a Black-Ops 2-Finger Cutter

im going to be using an ammo can with some cedar lining as a humidor.

taythegibs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2011, 10:40 AM   #2
tmtmtl666
2000 XJ Cherokee 

CAO is one of my favorite brands. The MX2 is on my short list of go to cigars. The Brazilia is good, but i haven't had one in a while. I have not had any of the others on the list.

A couple of great cigars that won't break the bank are the Perdomo Lot 23 and the Alec Bradley American Classic. Both sticks are in the 4-5 dollar range and are also on my short list.

Some other cigar brands you will probably want to explore are Rocky Patel (never had a bad Rocky), Arturo Fuente and Ashton (high end). Definately do a lot of exploring, that is what makes this hobby fun.
Unread 11-19-2011, 10:50 AM   #3
ajr2409
2004 WJ 

Kind of funny this thread was the first one that caught my eye. I pass a cigar store every day going to and from work, and this morning as I drove by I decided I was going to stop and grab a couple of cigars on the way home. I've only had a few cigars and I don't know much about them, but I do enjoy them! I'll be listening to what people have to say in this one.
Unread 11-19-2011, 10:56 AM   #4
jeg57
2002 WJ 

I really wasnt a big fan of the Mx2 or the Lx2, Me and one of my buddys each just bought an Fuente Anejo. We actually got to meet the Fuente family a few months ago. they did some event at Holts in Philly.
Unread 11-19-2011, 02:36 PM   #5
taythegibs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

i got them, but now i cant decide which i want to smoke first... im leaning towards the Black, but i just cant decide!
Unread 11-19-2011, 02:40 PM   #6
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I had a Monte cristo not too long ago. Boy was it tasty.

Colbert 2016!
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2011, 02:50 PM   #7
taythegibs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

i need to go get some butane and a hygrometer... off to the store!
Unread 11-19-2011, 02:54 PM   #8
Fireman4X4
1994 YJ Wrangler 

A few of my favorites are: (in no particular order)
1. Macanudo Maduro
2. Montecristo White
3. Arturo Fuente Opus X
4. Romeo y Julieta 1875
5. CAO Criollo
Colorado Jeep Club Member #252
1994 YJ with lots of fun stuff
2003 KJ Bone stock piece of junk[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Fireman4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2011, 03:26 PM   #9
tmtmtl666
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeg57 View Post
I really wasnt a big fan of the Mx2 or the Lx2, Me and one of my buddys each just bought an Fuente Anejo. We actually got to meet the Fuente family a few months ago. they did some event at Holts in Philly.
Those Anejos are one of my all time favorites. They are rare, only coming out once a year around christmas. They are good right away, but get a year or so of age on them and you will literally have to resist eating them.

I forgot to mention I enjoy full bodied cigars more than most. I am the one in the group that will purposely seek out the darkest beer and fulliest bodied cigar. The Perdomo and Alec Bradley are much lighter smokes. Ashton Classic is a very very good light bodied cigar.

Macanudo (as mentioned by Fireman) is another lighter bodied smoke, as is the Montecristo White. The Opus X is strong, knocked my brother on his ***.

John
Unread 11-19-2011, 03:35 PM   #10
Fireman4X4
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Can't say I have had the Anejo yet. I will definitely be ordering a few soon though. I generally like the fuller bodied cigars, but for "normal" smoking I like to have the lighter cigars. I save the best for special occasions
Colorado Jeep Club Member #252
1994 YJ with lots of fun stuff
2003 KJ Bone stock piece of junk[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Fireman4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2011, 06:25 PM   #11
CRider74
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Ahhhh, a subject after my own heart. As mentioned the Anejo is an outstanding smoke (although a year of age on them does make them even MORE delicious). If you haven't tried it yet, and you like full-bodied smokes, I highly recommend the Liga Provada #9 from Drew Estates. Truly outstanding smoke. CAO makes some decent smokes, although I think they've changed a bit due to being bought out (General Cigar if I recall correctly?) Lot 23's are a tasty smoke. If you want a great cigar for cheap, check out the Cuba Libre One. Can be found for $3-4/stick on Cigars International, although I got a bundle of 20 for $20 on Cigar-bid. Another of my "always go to" smokes is the RyJ En Cedros #2, just a great every day smoke.
Unread 11-19-2011, 06:26 PM   #12
stogie25
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have been smoking a lot of Rocky Patel cigars lately, especially the Decade, 1999, and Old World Reserve. I also like the La Flor Coronado.

For special occasions I usually smoke a Padron Anniversario or an Fuente Opus X.
97 Black TJ (one owner), BFG KM2 35s, 4.7L Stroker, ARB's, Dana60 rear, Dana30HP Front Warn manual hub conversion, 6 inch mostly Tera long arm lift. Rhino lined tub. Allied Rock 8 beadlocks. Tera-Low 4:1. Sanden OBA. Sniperfab tube fenders.

My Build Thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m.../#post12717920
stogie25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2011, 07:53 PM   #13
rubizen
2013 JK Wrangler 

IMO Punch offers the best quality for the best price.
Unread 11-19-2011, 07:58 PM   #14
1996BlackXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Don Diego's are probably my favorite. I don't smoke cigars much but I prefer those over most others.
4.5" lift of assorted brands, 33x10.5 KM2s on D-Windows, JCR rear bumper, Nates Slimline w/Champion 8k winch, custom half doors, roof rack, and tire carrier, Maine Woods dents and pin striping, and various other cool things.
www.maine4x4.org Maine Jeep Club Member #1 Firefighter Jeep Club Member Black Jeep Society Member #163Survivalist Jeep Club Member #14
1996BlackXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2011, 11:33 PM   #15
taythegibs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

i ended up going with the Black. It was a wonderful smoke, not too peppery, had a nice thick smoke to it, and i kept getting hints of what i can best describe as pretzels. i spent a good 100-110 minutes on this cigar and if just one of the other four is as good ill consider it a good buy.

i joined a forum for cigars and they can be a bit uppity if you dont want to spend a few hundred on cigars to get started...but they have been helpful in getting started, i put together a coolidor which i am "seasoning" right now, hoping for upper 60's humidity. its a coleman 16 qt roller. I also need to get decent butane, the crap i got is killing my lighter

ive heard bad things about cheap cigars but im tempted to get something like this- http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...stext=po%20boy i wouldnt feel too bad about giving a few to friends and i only have 4 in my coolidor...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.