Lets talk Cigars - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Lets talk Cigars

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 11-19-2011, 03:17 AM   #1
taythegibs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Lets talk Cigars

over the last year or two ive been getting into cigars, i know a couple of you out there somke em so lets see what you like!

ive had a couple Playboy by Don Diego's that i enjoyed. http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=157

and the other day i ordered a "Stocking Stuffer Sampler" by CAO it has-
1 - CAO Black Ltd. Bengal (6.0" x 50)
1 - CAO 'VR' Moby (6.0" x 50)
1 - CAO Brazilia Gol! (5.0" x 56)
1 - CAO Italia Ciao (5.0" x 56)
1 - CAO Mx2 Robusto (5.0" x 52)

plus a Black-Ops 'Kilo' Lighter and a Black-Ops 2-Finger Cutter

im going to be using an ammo can with some cedar lining as a humidor.

taythegibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2011, 09:40 AM   #2
tmtmtl666
2000 XJ Cherokee 

CAO is one of my favorite brands. The MX2 is on my short list of go to cigars. The Brazilia is good, but i haven't had one in a while. I have not had any of the others on the list.

A couple of great cigars that won't break the bank are the Perdomo Lot 23 and the Alec Bradley American Classic. Both sticks are in the 4-5 dollar range and are also on my short list.

Some other cigar brands you will probably want to explore are Rocky Patel (never had a bad Rocky), Arturo Fuente and Ashton (high end). Definately do a lot of exploring, that is what makes this hobby fun.
Unread 11-19-2011, 09:50 AM   #3
ajr2409
2004 WJ 

Kind of funny this thread was the first one that caught my eye. I pass a cigar store every day going to and from work, and this morning as I drove by I decided I was going to stop and grab a couple of cigars on the way home. I've only had a few cigars and I don't know much about them, but I do enjoy them! I'll be listening to what people have to say in this one.
Unread 11-19-2011, 09:56 AM   #4
jeg57
2002 WJ 

I really wasnt a big fan of the Mx2 or the Lx2, Me and one of my buddys each just bought an Fuente Anejo. We actually got to meet the Fuente family a few months ago. they did some event at Holts in Philly.
Unread 11-19-2011, 01:36 PM   #5
taythegibs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

i got them, but now i cant decide which i want to smoke first... im leaning towards the Black, but i just cant decide!
Unread 11-19-2011, 01:40 PM   #6
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I had a Monte cristo not too long ago. Boy was it tasty.

Colbert 2016!
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2011, 01:50 PM   #7
taythegibs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

i need to go get some butane and a hygrometer... off to the store!
Unread 11-19-2011, 01:54 PM   #8
Fireman4X4
1994 YJ Wrangler 

A few of my favorites are: (in no particular order)
1. Macanudo Maduro
2. Montecristo White
3. Arturo Fuente Opus X
4. Romeo y Julieta 1875
5. CAO Criollo
Colorado Jeep Club Member #252
1994 YJ with lots of fun stuff
2003 KJ Bone stock piece of junk[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Fireman4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2011, 02:26 PM   #9
tmtmtl666
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeg57 View Post
I really wasnt a big fan of the Mx2 or the Lx2, Me and one of my buddys each just bought an Fuente Anejo. We actually got to meet the Fuente family a few months ago. they did some event at Holts in Philly.
Those Anejos are one of my all time favorites. They are rare, only coming out once a year around christmas. They are good right away, but get a year or so of age on them and you will literally have to resist eating them.

I forgot to mention I enjoy full bodied cigars more than most. I am the one in the group that will purposely seek out the darkest beer and fulliest bodied cigar. The Perdomo and Alec Bradley are much lighter smokes. Ashton Classic is a very very good light bodied cigar.

Macanudo (as mentioned by Fireman) is another lighter bodied smoke, as is the Montecristo White. The Opus X is strong, knocked my brother on his ***.

John
Unread 11-19-2011, 02:35 PM   #10
Fireman4X4
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Can't say I have had the Anejo yet. I will definitely be ordering a few soon though. I generally like the fuller bodied cigars, but for "normal" smoking I like to have the lighter cigars. I save the best for special occasions
Colorado Jeep Club Member #252
1994 YJ with lots of fun stuff
2003 KJ Bone stock piece of junk[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Fireman4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2011, 05:25 PM   #11
CRider74
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Ahhhh, a subject after my own heart. As mentioned the Anejo is an outstanding smoke (although a year of age on them does make them even MORE delicious). If you haven't tried it yet, and you like full-bodied smokes, I highly recommend the Liga Provada #9 from Drew Estates. Truly outstanding smoke. CAO makes some decent smokes, although I think they've changed a bit due to being bought out (General Cigar if I recall correctly?) Lot 23's are a tasty smoke. If you want a great cigar for cheap, check out the Cuba Libre One. Can be found for $3-4/stick on Cigars International, although I got a bundle of 20 for $20 on Cigar-bid. Another of my "always go to" smokes is the RyJ En Cedros #2, just a great every day smoke.
Unread 11-19-2011, 05:26 PM   #12
stogie25
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have been smoking a lot of Rocky Patel cigars lately, especially the Decade, 1999, and Old World Reserve. I also like the La Flor Coronado.

For special occasions I usually smoke a Padron Anniversario or an Fuente Opus X.
97 Black TJ (one owner), BFG KM2 35s, 4.7L Stroker, ARB's, Dana60 rear, Dana30HP Front Warn manual hub conversion, 6 inch mostly Tera long arm lift. Rhino lined tub. Allied Rock 8 beadlocks. Tera-Low 4:1. Sanden OBA. Sniperfab tube fenders.

My Build Thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m.../#post12717920
stogie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2011, 06:53 PM   #13
rubizen
2013 JK Wrangler 

IMO Punch offers the best quality for the best price.
Unread 11-19-2011, 06:58 PM   #14
1996BlackXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Don Diego's are probably my favorite. I don't smoke cigars much but I prefer those over most others.
4.5" lift of assorted brands, 33x10.5 KM2s on D-Windows, JCR rear bumper, Nates Slimline w/Champion 8k winch, custom half doors, roof rack, and tire carrier, Maine Woods dents and pin striping, and various other cool things.
www.maine4x4.org Maine Jeep Club Member #1 Firefighter Jeep Club Member Black Jeep Society Member #163Survivalist Jeep Club Member #14
1996BlackXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2011, 10:33 PM   #15
taythegibs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

i ended up going with the Black. It was a wonderful smoke, not too peppery, had a nice thick smoke to it, and i kept getting hints of what i can best describe as pretzels. i spent a good 100-110 minutes on this cigar and if just one of the other four is as good ill consider it a good buy.

i joined a forum for cigars and they can be a bit uppity if you dont want to spend a few hundred on cigars to get started...but they have been helpful in getting started, i put together a coolidor which i am "seasoning" right now, hoping for upper 60's humidity. its a coleman 16 qt roller. I also need to get decent butane, the crap i got is killing my lighter

ive heard bad things about cheap cigars but im tempted to get something like this- http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...stext=po%20boy i wouldnt feel too bad about giving a few to friends and i only have 4 in my coolidor...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.