Let's lighten up, who watched the Chargers-Colts game last night!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Let's lighten up, who watched the Chargers-Colts game last night!!

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 01-04-2009, 10:10 AM   #1
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Let's lighten up, who watched the Chargers-Colts game last night!!

WOOHOO!!!

I though my Chargers were TOAST when there was 2 minutes left to go and the Colts had just gotten the ball back after the touchback. But Sproles (all of 5' 6" and 180 lbs), you are forgiven after that fumble at the end zone... you gained over 300 yards (3rd highest in NFL history) and won the game with a 22 yard touch down in overtime!

I gotta say, my San Diego Chargers have heart and wouldn't give up... what a way to win Chargers, in overtime!!!

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.
Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2009, 10:16 AM   #2
BillR
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
WOOHOO!!!

I though my Chargers were TOAST when there was 2 minutes left to go and the Colts had just gotten the ball back after the touchback.

I gotta say, my Chargers have heart and wouldn't give up... way to win Chargers, in Overtime!!!!!!!!!!!
It's pretty tough to get excited about an 8-8 team that needed 3 1st downs via penalties on the drive in OT.
We'll see if they're for real next week when they play AT Pittsburg or AT Tennesee. That'll tell alot more than last night ever could.
Unread 01-04-2009, 10:21 AM   #3
texashoghunter
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It was good game. It is nice to see them beat the Colts.

We will definitely see next week. I am a Steelers fan and hope to see them play Pittsburgh.
texashoghunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2009, 10:24 AM   #4
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Come on Bill, no sour grapes. It doesn't matter how the Chargers won, they scored more points so they get the 'W'! If the Colts couldn't keep it together long enough to avoid such penalties in the end, then they didn't deserve to win. Winning teams don't fall apart at the end with errors like the Colts made and the Chargers took advantage of. The Chargers won their last five games, that they won against the Colts was ABSOLUTELY no fluke... it was pure heart and their never-quit attitude.

Unread 01-04-2009, 10:28 AM   #5
sharpie
go to driveautogear.com!

Good game. To be fair, Sproles' combined yardage was 328. That includes returns and passing yardage.

Check out our shirts in the Vendor Display Forum!

- Brian
Drive Auto Gear
Drive Auto Gear Website

Like us on Facebook!

XJ Writeups:
| DOORLESS IN A 97+ | D44 SWAP | REBUILDING A CV DRIVESHAFT | HOME-BREWED CENTER CONSOLE
sharpie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2009, 10:29 AM   #6
BillR
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Bill it doesn't matter how the Chargers won, they scored more points so they get the 'W'! If the Colts couldn't keep it together long enough to avoid such penalties in the end, then they didn't deserve to win. Winning teams don't fall apart at the end with errors like the Colts made and the Chargers took advantage of. The Chargers won their last five games, that they won against the Colts was ABSOLUTELY no fluke... it was pure heart and their never-quit attitude.
Ummm... they won the game on a coin toss. If Indy had won the toss in OT, they win it. The chargers got the ball, so they won it. (with some assistance...)
Next week will tell the real story of the chargers, when they have to play on the road against a REAL defense.
Unread 01-04-2009, 10:30 AM   #7
Grape Ape
Web Wanker

1992 YJ Wrangler 

My wife and I usually don't watch much football we caught the game last night. I actually had a hard time deciding who I was rooting for. I like both teams. after it was over though I was positive that based on that game only the chargers were deserving of the win.

I catch a game every now and then but only half watch them. last night kept my attention. It was a good game.

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

We've idiot proofed the world... now its full of idiots. - Spiritof76

You will truly be the same today as you will be five years from now, except for two things, the people you meet and the books you read. Charles E. Jones

I think I'll add some memorable quotes. blah blah blah..... FPKites

Trying to understand some people, is like trying to pick up a turd by the clean side.
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2009, 10:37 AM   #8
SDDAVE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Games aren't decided on a coin toss. The defense couldn't stop the offense, who scored. Chargers earned the win. Game over lets move on to next week.
SDDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2009, 10:38 AM   #9
BillR
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I'm not saying they didn't "deserve" to win. Both games yesterday had some pretty big upsets. The Falcons losing to the piegons (cardinals) was a shocker also. The Falcon's "D" mailed it in, just like Indy's defense did. Stuff happens.
Unread 01-04-2009, 10:40 AM   #10
Topgun514
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillR View Post
It's pretty tough to get excited about an 8-8 team that needed 3 1st downs via penalties on the drive in OT.
We'll see if they're for real next week when they play AT Pittsburg or AT Tennesee. That'll tell alot more than last night ever could.
did you see the penalties...they were kinda blatent. And the chargers marched down the feild. Colts Defense did not look too great and peyton does NOT deserve to be MVP.

(im not a vikings fan but i think Adrian peterson deserves it...or matt cassel, jeezzz, manning...overrated)
3.5" Lift, RE SF LCA's with skids, 31x10.50R15 Duratracs, ARB Roofrack, Custom Bumper, Glasspack, Bored TB, Custom seats
Topgun514 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #11
BillR
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDDAVE View Post
Games aren't decided on a coin toss.
I disagree totally. That's why college football has a different system in OT. In the majority of NFL cases, the team winning the toss wins the game. In college, BOTH teams get a chance at the ball.
Oh well, on to next week...
Unread 01-04-2009, 11:16 AM   #12
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Not to mention the Colts couldn't even stop backup player 5'6" Sproles who came in to replace the injured LT (Tomlinson). The Chargers, with key players out due to injuries, managed to beat the Colts with guys that normally sit on the bench.

Unread 01-04-2009, 12:00 PM   #13
townslo
2013 JK Wrangler 

How can you say upsets? The Cards were favored to win and Indy was favored by 3 points. Also the assist as you call it, Indy has the most penalized defense in the league I believe.

I am a Steelers fan so I would have rather them play Indy cause S.D. seems to have something to prove, seem to want it more and as Jerry said they were lead by a 5'6" mighty mouse! That was just a good/fun game to watch last night.

[COLOR="Orange"]l l | ,[____],[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Orange"]l===L__([COLOR="Black"]O[/COLOR])lllllll([COLOR="Black"]O[/COLOR])_[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Black"]()_) ()_)--o--)_)[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]www.militaryjeepers.com[/COLOR]
townslo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2009, 02:55 PM   #14
BillR
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by townslo View Post
How can you say upsets? The Cards were favored to win and Indy was favored by 3 points. Also the assist as you call it, Indy has the most penalized defense in the league I believe.

I am a Steelers fan so I would have rather them play Indy cause S.D. seems to have something to prove, seem to want it more and as Jerry said they were lead by a 5'6" mighty mouse! That was just a good/fun game to watch last night.
That's interesting. I have a couple of friends that are hard-core Steeler fans, and they're VERY happy not to have to face Peyton again this season. They were cheering hard for the bolts last night.
BTW, I saw SEVERAL places that picked the Falcons over the cards. Jay Novacek picked the Falcons for sure in his columm.
Unread 01-04-2009, 02:58 PM   #15
BillR
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Not to mention the Colts couldn't even stop backup player 5'6" Sproles who came in to replace the injured LT (Tomlinson). The Chargers, with key players out due to injuries, managed to beat the Colts with guys that normally sit on the bench.
Sproles had a career night, no question. He was unstoppable.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.