Lets do a ride for Vet. Chris Kyle and friend? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Lets do a ride for Vet. Chris Kyle and friend?

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-05-2013, 12:36 AM   #1
Toby36
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Lets do a ride for Vet. Chris Kyle and friend?

If you guys haven't heard the greatest sniper in American history was gunned down along with his friend Chad Littlefield. I had a idea of doing a charity ride for the two heros. Let me know who would be in for a ride maybe at the Badlands? Plans will come if enough people want to do it. Lets go jeepers come together for a couple of American heros!!!

Toby36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #2
fillerup
2004 TJ Wrangler 

This is a sad story, This man is the greatest snipper ever in Anerica.
I read his book last year and I couldn't put it down. It usally takes me a few weeks to read a book like that but I read that one on a couple of days.
fillerup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #3
DosYeeps
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I would definitely be down for doing a run for a true American hero and fellow service member. Unfortunately that is a long drive for me.
DosYeeps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #4
Toby36
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I was gonna post in the Indiana forum but I hoping to get some people a little farther than indiana
Unread 02-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #5
its-me-B
2002 WJ 

sad day for the armed forced... i might be able to head out that way for a good cause.
Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #396
its-me-B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 01:04 PM   #6
Toby36
1998 TJ Wrangler 

That would be awesome!!!!
Unread 02-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #7
jeepwaver
2006 KJ Liberty 

Would love to do a jeep run for a fellow service member (former navy gunners mate/petty officer 2nd class/surface warfare). As long as stock jeeps are allowed and its on friday-Saturday.
jeepwaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 10:59 PM   #8
Toby36
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I would like to see all kinds of jeeps stock or not. I would like to do saturday most likely
Unread 02-05-2013, 11:03 PM   #9
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

It'd be neat to do a nationwide ride. From east coast to west, or vice versa. People can jump in and out along the way. So you only have to cross your state if you wish, for those that would live along the route. Of course that is highly unpractical and would require at least a team making the whole journey for navigation and organization purposes, but it would be pretty sweet. I definitely want to do it one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 11:39 PM   #10
Toby36
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I briefly thought about something like that but then realized as a full time student with 27 credit hours this semester it is not a bit practical. Lets keep it goin guys and get more people to make this happen.
Unread 02-05-2013, 11:57 PM   #11
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby36 View Post
I briefly thought about something like that but then realized as a full time student with 27 credit hours this semester it is not a bit practical. Lets keep it goin guys and get more people to make this happen.
27?!?! I thought my 18 was bad!

Quote:
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
Unread 02-05-2013, 11:57 PM   #12
its-me-B
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
It'd be neat to do a nationwide ride. From east coast to west, or vice versa. People can jump in and out along the way. So you only have to cross your state if you wish, for those that would live along the route. Of course that is highly unpractical and would require at least a team making the whole journey for navigation and organization purposes, but it would be pretty sweet. I definitely want to do it one day.
That would be awesome but there's not really anywhere to go wheeling in or around my part of the state...
Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #396
its-me-B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2013, 12:01 AM   #13
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by its-me-B View Post
That would be awesome but there's not really anywhere to go wheeling in or around my part of the state...
No, ride, not wheeling. Can't stop to wheel in every state. That would take forever. 1, maybe 2 wheeling spots somewhere on the ride.

Quote:
Unread 02-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #14
countryboylife
2002 KJ Liberty 

I'm in what are the details
countryboylife is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #15
Toby36
1998 TJ Wrangler 

don't really have any yet except that it will probably be on a Saturday at the badlands if I get enough people to do this. I want to make sure i get enough people to join before i set any plans in stone so they are up in the air still. I can guarantee it will be a fun day and for a great cause so put the word out and have people report back here I hope to make it happen in like two to three weeks. Lets rally together!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.