Latest AR15 Build a special one - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Latest AR15 Build a special one

Huge Soft top SaleRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 07-09-2013, 10:50 PM   #1
Coyotes97
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Latest AR15 Build a special one

First, Please feel free to post your own builds in this thread, or even your bought ARs! I don't discriminate!

After selling off a lot of guns including all my ARs and going through a long and hard financial recovery after a major life event, I began to piece together the rifle you see below. This AR was 3 hard years in the making and as such had to be shown off on all my favorite haunts immediately upon completion. The final touches went on about 2 hours ago. I grabbed a few smartphone shots as the sun went down.

This was meant to be my "no compromise" build. A LOT of thought went into each and every part. To give an example, there was no lpk used on this build. All the PINs and detents are KNS precision except the Geisselle trigger and hammer pins. The roll pins are stainless coil pins for easier installation, extra strength, and corrosion resistance. Just an example of the level of thought that went into the littlest things. Not to say all will agree with my choices, but I stand by them as the right choices for me for now.

-Noveske N4 upper and lower receiver
-Noveske N4 light 14.5 middy barrel with Noveske pinned low pro gas block
-Pinned and welded PWS Triad compensating flash hider
-BCM BCG
-12" Centurion CMR rail
-Rainier Arms Raptor charging handle
-Knights Micro front and rear sights
-Geisselle SSA-E trigger
-Magpul MIAD grip
-Noveske endplate with QD socket
-BCM buffer tube, honed and polished
-Spikes ST-T2 buffer
-Tactical Springs white chrome silicon buffer spring
-Magpul CTR stock

The optic is yet be chosen. I shoot my best with the EOTech but would rather have the Aimpoint Micro T1 for its size, weight, durability, and battery life. I am going to let that one stew a while before I drop the cash. It will give me a chance to get really familiar with my BUIS.

Again, excuse the pics. I am no photographer and all were taken with a smart phone. Also forgive my childish need to picture all the Iron Xs on the Noveske parts.

Unread 07-10-2013, 12:24 AM   #2
BigWheel7
1999 WJ 

All that and you go with the basic CTR stock? lol Just giving you a hard time. From what you have listed those are some nice sets of parts you are using for the build.
BigWheel7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 09:50 PM   #3
Coyotes97
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheel7 View Post
All that and you go with the basic CTR stock? lol Just giving you a hard time. From what you have listed those are some nice sets of parts you are using for the build.
The CTR is my favorite. Light, lean, but solid, like most everything else on this build.

Thanks!
Unread 07-10-2013, 10:57 PM   #4
BigWheel7
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotes97 View Post
The CTR is my favorite. Light, lean, but solid, like most everything else on this build.

Thanks!
I was just busting your chops. I have the CTR on two of my builds in the black and FDE.
BigWheel7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #5
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Windham Weaponry MPC.

16" chrome lined barrel, 1:9 twist.

An ACOG TA31-CH, Yankee Hill rail, 3 point sling, and a mount for my Surefire P2X Fury Defender. That's about all I'm gonna put on my AR.

The XD40 is going to get some iridium sights, and talon grips.

I'm contemplating the Spike's SD-1 fake can, mostly because I'm used to the 14.5 barrel, and the 16 looks way too long. A suppressed barrel that long looks right for some reason. Only problem is CA doesn't allow suppresors, otherwise I'd just get a real can.

By the way, that's a 10/30 mag.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #6
chriskeenan
1999 XJ Cherokee 

looking good.

Mine with its T1 micro and 3x mag. and golf ball launcher

BCM assembled upper
Vultor MUR receiver
DD Lite 12 rail
16in 1:7 barrel, mid-length gas system, A2 flash hider
BCM m-16 BGC
BCM mod-4 "large" charging handle
H2 buffer, BCM standard spring
UBR stock, MAID grip
PSA LPK
Geisselle SSA
S&W stripped lower

Only thing I don't like about mine if the charging handle latch digs into my back when slung.
chriskeenan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #7
Coyotes97
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper View Post

Windham Weaponry MPC.

16" chrome lined barrel, 1:9 twist.

An ACOG TA31-CH, Yankee Hill rail, 3 point sling, and a mount for my Surefire P2X Fury Defender. That's about all I'm gonna put on my AR.

The XD40 is going to get some iridium sights, and talon grips.

I'm contemplating the Spike's SD-1 fake can, mostly because I'm used to the 14.5 barrel, and the 16 looks way too long. A suppressed barrel that long looks right for some reason. Only problem is CA doesn't allow suppresors, otherwise I'd just get a real can.

By the way, that's a 10/30 mag.
Nice! I couldn't see adding a fake can myself (other than the golf ball launcher temporarily. That rocks!). Adding weight just for the sake of looks is something I just can't do. I carried my last AR with a crap sling all over the mountains up in Utah and by the end of a 10 mile hike of nothing but uphill or downhill I wanted to strip every unneeded thing off it! I was real glad I wasn't packing one of my hunting rifles that weigh 2 lbs more!

That is another reason this gun is bristling with QD sockets. Lots of carry options. A good quality sling is my next purchase.
Unread 07-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #8
Coyotes97
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskeenan View Post
looking good.

Mine with its T1 micro and 3x mag. and golf ball launcher

BCM assembled upper
Vultor MUR receiver
DD Lite 12 rail
16in 1:7 barrel, mid-length gas system, A2 flash hider
BCM m-16 BGC
BCM mod-4 "large" charging handle
H2 buffer, BCM standard spring
UBR stock, MAID grip
PSA LPK
Geisselle SSA
S&W stripped lower

Only thing I don't like about mine if the charging handle latch digs into my back when slung.
Nice rifle! I almost went with the UBR except the weight (see above). Hell of a stock though.

Unless you stick with the standard charging handle that bite is tough to avoid.

I am hoping the raptor is more comfortable. I sure love using it! I have a bad habit when operating the charging handle with my right hand of applying pressure with my middle finger before my index finger so the latch is under load when it releases. I always chew up my uppers. The raptor solves that and is very easy to blade back with my left hand.

I was not sure about spending that much money without ever handling one but right now I think it was worth every penny. Still no lead downrange though so the jury is still out.
Unread 07-11-2013, 09:59 PM   #9
chriskeenan
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Nice rifle! I almost went with the UBR except the weight (see above). Hell of a stock though.

Unless you stick with the standard charging handle that bite is tough to avoid.

I am hoping the raptor is more comfortable. I sure love using it! I have a bad habit when operating the charging handle with my right hand of applying pressure with my middle finger before my index finger so the latch is under load when it releases. I always chew up my uppers. The raptor solves that and is very easy to blade back with my left hand.

I was not sure about spending that much money without ever handling one but right now I think it was worth every penny. Still no lead downrange though so the jury is still out.
thanks.

Its a beast of a stock, but like you said heavy. With the longer rail and standard weight barrel I used the weight of the stock to help balance the rifle, center of gravity is slightly rear of the mag well center. Its also stupid tough, i've used mine to baton wood while camping a few times.

I'll probably change the charging handle out for BCMs new ambi. handle, its uses their smaller "medium" latches, about the same size as the raptors but for a few $ less.
chriskeenan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2013, 10:42 PM   #10
Coyotes97
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskeenan View Post
thanks.

Its a beast of a stock, but like you said heavy. With the longer rail and standard weight barrel I used the weight of the stock to help balance the rifle, center of gravity is slightly rear of the mag well center. Its also stupid tough, i've used mine to baton wood while camping a few times.

I'll probably change the charging handle out for BCMs new ambi. handle, its uses their smaller "medium" latches, about the same size as the raptors but for a few $ less.
Try get your hands on a raptor to at least try. The BCM was my favorite but this thing seems worth the extra dollars to me. It's smoother, easier to use, and prettier. Besides, with what we sink into these things, what's another $30?
Unread 07-12-2013, 03:39 AM   #11
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Nice! I couldn't see adding a fake can myself (other than the golf ball launcher temporarily. That rocks!). Adding weight just for the sake of looks is something I just can't do. I carried my last AR with a crap sling all over the mountains up in Utah and by the end of a 10 mile hike of nothing but uphill or downhill I wanted to strip every unneeded thing off it! I was real glad I wasn't packing one of my hunting rifles that weigh 2 lbs more!

That is another reason this gun is bristling with QD sockets. Lots of carry options. A good quality sling is my next purchase.
I don't know what the weight of the fake can is, but it's still like adding a fart can on the back of a car.

No way in hell I'll be able to register it as an SBR either.

Still not enough power.
Unread 07-13-2013, 04:37 AM   #12
cconn
Mud Bogger

2013 JK Wrangler 

My 8" 300 BLK SBR build.

And with 762SDN-6 attached.
2013 Commando Sport. Rock Krawler 2.5" X-Factor lift. 35" MT/R's, 17x9 Pacer black wheels. ProRock 44 front axle. RCV shafts, ARB front and rear lockers. 4.56 gears. Coast 1310 drive shafts. TeraFlex adjustable tire carrier. AEV front bumper. Warn 9.5 CTI winch. TrekArmor seat covers, Spiderweb shade

Build Thread : http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/c.../#post15031329
cconn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #13
Coyotes97
2004 TJ Wrangler 

That's awesome! My bro-in-law has a 16" 300 blk but he has not let me shoot it yet.
Unread 07-15-2013, 03:36 AM   #14
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

How long does it take for all you guys to get the whole SBR permit what not? I'd make mine an SBR if I could figure out how.

Still not enough power.
Unread 07-16-2013, 11:29 AM   #15
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper View Post

Nice knife. I have the same one, with the tanto blade. Nice rifle too
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpower View Post
Get a good tummy tuck with engine skid and treat it like a pimp does a crack whore.
Purple Jeep Club member #8

My Purple People Eater Build
PurpleTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.