land between the lakes - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > land between the lakes

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Un

Unread 01-20-2012, 02:39 PM   #1
buick-lsx
1998 ZJ 

land between the lakes

my jeep is just 2wd (for now) and just looking for some easy wheeling and nothing to beat up the body...does LBL have a bunch of easy trails for stock vehicles?

buick-lsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 06:58 PM   #2
BobA
2001 TJ Wrangler 

If your talking about Turkey bay,I took a Baja bug through there years ago. The main trails would be no problem. Might be questionable if you get off the main trail if it's wet out though. Also there are the forestry roads as well which would be fun and doable in 2wd. There are some though that are impassable in 4wd. Dont venture out there alone.

77 DJ5
Soon to be streetrod
BobA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 08:03 PM   #3
buick-lsx
1998 ZJ 

anyone have an address for the main entrace? i see like 4-5 places to come through on their website, but only one address....100 van morgan..
buick-lsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2012, 12:28 AM   #4
DrugDoc

It's impossible to miss. Right on the main road through LBL, south of the Elk and Bison area.
DrugDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 02:53 PM   #5
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

I was down there last fall on horses. And the only thing I could think was d*** I'd love to have my zj. They had some road/paths that could easily be done in a 2wd stock zj.
Unread 01-28-2013, 07:54 AM   #6
fundabug

LBL is practically my back yard and there are hundreds of miles of forest access roads that are easy 2 wheel drive roads and some that are 4 low crawling through mud trails. Just pick up a map of LBL and all those little roads are numbered and easy to follow. There's all kinds of old homesteads and cemeteries back in there and thousands of places to camp. There's also a lot of unmarked trails that lead down to campsites along the water. I went to Turkey Bay once and it was ok, but really crowded and dusty that day. I've had more fun just exploring with my Jeep and a map.

2004 Wrangler X 4.0 I6 Solar Yellow

OK, so I messed up the quote in my sig....I was probably on the downhill side of a few beers when I did it......Somebody say something funny so I can get a new one.
fundabug is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.