Kindle Paperwhite - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Kindle Paperwhite

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 09-16-2013, 09:43 PM   #1
phitmein
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Kindle Paperwhite

Has anyone here got one, and if so, how do you like it ?

phitmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 10:28 PM   #2
1997_Sport

My whole family have the kindle hd version which is a guess considered a tablet? But with the whole reading books they love it a lot.

And my mom is a branch manager of a library and uses one and loves it to no end. She actually bought my sister and my fiancÚ one too. So highly recommended.

No jeep but I do have a 04.5 Cummins with a 4in exhaust, edge j/a, and I guess thats it....for now
1997_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 11:08 PM   #3
phitmein
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

those are the Kendle Fire though right ?

The Kindle Paperwhite is new and is aimed more for reading I think and that is what I am looking for .

Your Moms may would love one as a present, being as she is a library type person .

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Paperwh.../dp/B007OZNZG0
Unread 09-16-2013, 11:10 PM   #4
wtfcrunch
1999 TJ Wrangler 

My buddy has one, its actually crazy how much the make the e-reading more tangible. If I read as much as he did I'd love one.
wtfcrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 11:17 PM   #5
phitmein
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

I did not buy the first Kendles because you could not read in the dark with one and have been waiting for better versions and now I think it has arrived .

If you look at my profile stuff you will see that I am a very big reader .
Unread 09-16-2013, 11:21 PM   #6
wtfcrunch
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phitmein View Post
I did not buy the first Kendles because you could not read in the dark with one and have been waiting for better versions and now I think it has arrived .

If you look at my profile stuff you will see that I am a very big reader .
I was nothing but surprised and happy with his (newest version) I read the Iliad in a weekend when I borrowed it if that helps at all.
Unread 09-16-2013, 11:27 PM   #7
phitmein
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

it does and thanks .

Did you read in the bedroom/dark too with it ?
Unread 09-16-2013, 11:30 PM   #8
wtfcrunch
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Bedroom, beach, dog park, and I think I even tested it in the pitch black. Although it hurt my eyes after some time for obvious reasons it worked!
Unread 09-16-2013, 11:50 PM   #9
phitmein
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

but from what I have read, about it so far, the brightness it is adjustable on a 1-10 scale ?

That is what I want, since I don't like bright lights at all .

Most every night I have no lights on at all, in my house, excect for the puter and TV .

When I turn one on it is like 40 lumens .

Bright lights don't hurt my eyes or anything, but I just don't like them .

I do have some kerosene lanterns that I use from time to time and they are cool in my book .
Unread 09-17-2013, 12:21 AM   #10
wtfcrunch
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'm the exact same way believe it or not. My old lady thinks I'm part vampire

But yes the brightness is adjustable
Unread 09-18-2013, 08:08 AM   #11
fundabug

I got the paperwhite for Christmas last year and love it. I got the version with free 3G so I can download books from just about anywhere. I can sit on my computer at work and send books to my kindle at home. I like that it can keep multiple books on it at any time so depending on what kind of mood I'm in, I've got several different books at my fingertips. I'm currently reading five different books from time to time. I like the adjustable screen brightness and haven't found any environment so far that I couldn't read in. The screen is about the size of a paperback book and that's good for me. As I get older my eyes aren't what they used to be and I find that if I try to read on my iphone I go crosseyed. There's an absolute ton of free or cheap books to download. It's a good reader and I'm very pleased with it, however, that's about all it does. I would love to be able to put music on it and read with headphones on listening to some tunes. I think the kindle fire HD has more features, but is more prone to glare on the screen. My wife likes my paperwhite so much, she wants one now and I have to keep mine in a safe place or else I'll probably lose it to her.

2004 Wrangler X 4.0 I6 Solar Yellow

OK, so I messed up the quote in my sig....I was probably on the downhill side of a few beers when I did it......Somebody say something funny so I can get a new one.
fundabug is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.