Kidney Stones - Page 3 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 46 Old 03-30-2008, 05:08 PM
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

My worst was back in 1994 and I was in a military hospital for a week while they kept me on IV fliud for a week with regular laps around the hallway along with daily IVPs or catscans to locate it. Since it was slowly moving on it's own they kept me there that long. On a good note I was on a steady stream of demerol and T3's.

However that came to a crashing end when they decided to put a stent in there to "speed up" up the process. Let me tell you walking around for three days with a long tub rammed up your goober with what resemvles fishing line hanging out isn't pleasent. Then having to figure out how to get the line back out when you accidently got a hard on in the middle of the night while dreaming about Allisa Milano...I woke up and was like "Oh crap" luckily I was able to piss and get the string to re emerge.

Now the removal was somthing I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, he grabbed the string and acted like he was starting a lawnmower, and pulled hard. I came off the table ready to fight, but then quickly hit the floor in pain. Later that day I pissed it right out and took it in for analysis, it was a 6mm, like a BB but spikey. I pissed a little blodd for a couple days but that was by far the worst I've had.

Ken

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2012 Nissan Juke - (hers)
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch
2006 Triumph America 900 - Full Dresser

January 2009 Grand Cherokee of the Month (GCOTM)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 46 Old 03-30-2008, 05:49 PM
monkeychrist
1998 TJ Wrangler 

this thread is intriguing. Very sympathy pain inducing and I now have a fear of kidney stones, but intriguing nonetheless...

Quote:
Originally Posted by athos76 View Post
...but one day while driving, I heard a twang and saw a little orange bungee go shooting off into traffic...
post #33 of 46 Old 03-30-2008, 06:01 PM
Alg3188
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeychrist View Post
this thread is intriguing. Very sympathy pain inducing and I now have a fear of kidney stones, but intriguing nonetheless...
x2
im going to cut back on the dr. pepper i think

2007 Jk, 2 door x, 6 spd, soft top
|¯¯l,[___],
l---L--OlllllllO¬
=~~~==oo==
()_) ()_)--<>-)_)Nobody Gives it to you. You Have To Take it.
Whoever said life is good, must have been driving a Jeep. Stir Things Up
post #34 of 46 Old 03-30-2008, 06:41 PM
BWR
2008 JK Wrangler 

uuuuug! My sympathy. I've had 2 in 10 years. the first was small and actually came out while at the docs. The second...OUCH!!!!!!!!!! Wife thought I was lying until two different nurses came in and one said she'd had two kids and 2 stones--and would GLADLY give birth again over another stone as the pain was just immense. My last 4.5 x 5 long...morth the "pain"and agony pics above and that was mine....conical at one end and spiky on the other. 3 1/2 days of not being able to sit, stand, lie down in ANY spot for longer than about 2 minutes...sheer agony and punch drunk on pain meds, no sleep for 72 hours and still feeling the pain........

Dude, hang in there....my 1 mm passed, it hurt, but not as bad as the 4.5!!!!!

The only trail that sucks is the one you haven't been on yet.

If it aint related to God, guns, women, wheelin, or music then it aint worth much talking about it is it?
post #35 of 46 Old 03-30-2008, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
unsung

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I went for a CAT scan, it turns out I have two more in there waiting to be released.
post #36 of 46 Old 03-30-2008, 07:50 PM
jeeptillidie

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I have seen grown men literally get on the ground it hurt so bad. I would not wish a kidney stone on my worst enemy.
post #37 of 46 Old 03-30-2008, 08:03 PM
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeptillidie View Post
I have seen grown men literally get on the ground it hurt so bad. I would not wish a kidney stone on my worst enemy.
I thought I was dying when I had my first one, seriously i was running up the stairs at the house when I was 17 getting ready to go to bed and about half way up the second set every muscle in my body locked up and I fell right where I stood and slid back down the stairs and laid there yelling like a little girl. My mom came running and I ould hardly even talk to her. She rushed me to the ER and I laid there screaming until the Dr. gave me something to kill the pain, which didn't so much kill it as dull it, when he asked me to pee in the cup, I actually passed it. And I walked out like nothing had ever happened, it was bizzar. That ended up leading to a further testing with no results on why it happened. It wasn't until the next year in the Military they started coming regularly.

Ken

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch

post #38 of 46 Old 03-30-2008, 08:12 PM
Comanche_

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsung View Post
I went for a CAT scan, it turns out I have two more in there waiting to be released.
Hope they are small ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z0NAJEEP View Post
With more stupid comments? Two retards don't make a right.
post #39 of 46 Old 03-30-2008, 08:16 PM
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsung View Post
That's common, I've had them show up on catscans and then not move for 8-10 months. Then all at once they come out two at a time, I personally think that dehydration has a lot to do with the movement. It seems that when I get dehydrated bad, my kidneys start hurting and I drink a lot of water to get rehydrated, then within a few days I pass one. This has happened with I guess 60-70% of my stones.

Ken

2006 Pontiac G6 GTP

post #40 of 46 Old 03-31-2008, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
unsung

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Maybe I will try that. I'd like to get this over with now than have it happen when I can't be down and out.
post #41 of 46 Old 03-31-2008, 08:36 AM
creature

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10achik View Post
I thought I was dying when I had my first one, seriously i was running up the stairs at the house when I was 17 getting ready to go to bed and about half way up the second set every muscle in my body locked up and I fell right where I stood and slid back down the stairs and laid there yelling like a little girl. My mom came running and I ould hardly even talk to her. She rushed me to the ER and I laid there screaming until the Dr. gave me something to kill the pain, which didn't so much kill it as dull it, when he asked me to pee in the cup, I actually passed it. And I walked out like nothing had ever happened, it was bizzar. That ended up leading to a further testing with no results on why it happened. It wasn't until the next year in the Military they started coming regularly.
Ha, I also thought I was going to die. I was 17 and home alone and I started making something in the oven. The pain started to hit and I decided it was probably best to turn the oven off because if I was going to die, I figured I also better not burn my folks house down, then I fell to the floor.

-Shawn
post #42 of 46 Old 03-31-2008, 11:10 AM
flame0086
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeptillidie View Post
FYI, gravity helps

100 mpg!! Western Washington Univeristy X-Prize Team
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Support Search and Rescue
Get Lost
post #43 of 46 Old 03-31-2008, 11:20 AM
Jetscuh
O rly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by creature View Post
Ha, I also thought I was going to die. I was 17 and home alone and I started making something in the oven. The pain started to hit and I decided it was probably best to turn the oven off because if I was going to die, I figured I also better not burn my folks house down, then I fell to the floor.

These sound awful and all, but that was a funny description. I couldn't help but laugh.

And we studied something in A&P one year that they are linked to dehydration. My group and I did a big project on them actually...but I fail to remember any useful details.
post #44 of 46 Old 03-31-2008, 05:32 PM
87pioneer

The first one I passed I did not know what was happening....no possible way of getting comfortable either, I drank 2 bottles ( 8.oz each ) of water on the way to the E.R and I still couldn't piss, they asked for a sample and when it finally arrived it looked like Tomatoe Juice.... I have cut down to 2 coffees a day ( was drinking a pot or so ) stay away from Gatorade ( very high in Calcium and other stuff to contribute ) and drink water all the time, now if I feel one coming on ( I usually get one a year ) I will squeeze fresh lemon into water ( I read the acid breaks them up) and down it then switch over to a couple of Beers and two Ibuprofen and enjoy the ride....they are quite easy now!
post #45 of 46 Old 03-31-2008, 06:17 PM
BWR
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87pioneer View Post
The first one I passed I did not know what was happening....no possible way of getting comfortable either, I drank 2 bottles ( 8.oz each ) of water on the way to the E.R and I still couldn't piss, they asked for a sample and when it finally arrived it looked like Tomatoe Juice.... I have cut down to 2 coffees a day ( was drinking a pot or so ) stay away from Gatorade ( very high in Calcium and other stuff to contribute ) and drink water all the time, now if I feel one coming on ( I usually get one a year ) I will squeeze fresh lemon into water ( I read the acid breaks them up) and down it then switch over to a couple of Beers and two Ibuprofen and enjoy the ride....they are quite easy now!

Oh, for me I think mine was either dehydration and/or a combo of my sudden change in diet. The wife and I started eating healthier (Which i NEVER do) and actually added ONE (1) drink per night with dinner after she'd readabout red whine being heart healthy blah blah blah...so either it being summer & me working thy' butt off in the heat, the addition of alcohol at dinner, or milk with breakfast--> that's what the Doc zeroed in on, and I'd have to concure after all my internet med-site reads...as I sure as spit dont think it was *only* soda as I dang near drink 4 liters of the stuff a day & have for 20 years.

the first stone "Dropped" me to the ground, the second (10 years later) didn't. I got up at 6 to feed the cat..10 minutes later I felt like I had stretched wrong, 15 minutes later I was semi sore...then real sore, then hurting on my side, by about 25 minutes after getting up I was screaming for the wife to drie me to the docs!!!!!! She gave me suchhhhhhh a hard time driving down there~ "oh settle down, it cant be that bad..." but OMG ya' shoulda seen her face after the nurse told her stones are worse than childbirth...and you can BET I milked that for months reminding her about it!!!!

The only trail that sucks is the one you haven't been on yet.

If it aint related to God, guns, women, wheelin, or music then it aint worth much talking about it is it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.