Kidney Stones - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 46 Old 03-28-2008, 07:23 PM
xhek

I mostly only drink water, gatorade, and orange juice... so I guess I am hopefully in the clear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 46 Old 03-28-2008, 07:28 PM
1999WJMIKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10achik View Post
not sure, I've never had one of those, I quit caffine years ago though. And good on you for realizing you have an adictive personality and staying away from things like that. Most people either deny it or don't realize they have a problem with things.
Thats why I had to give up booze, cigarettes, drugs, fast motorcycles, gambling...list goes on. But I think I may be fine about these stones, even if I do drink and evnergy drink I normally drink so much water I pee every 30 mins.

HIS - 1999 4.7 V8 WJ Loaded Laredo. UC Package. KOR 2.5" lift. RE Shocks. QTII. Black like my soul.

HERS - 1996 XJ Sport 4.0 HO. Stock. Purple like her...uh...soul.

Canadian Jeep Club Member#37
post #18 of 46 Old 03-28-2008, 07:48 PM
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

When I first started getting them, I was very active and played sports and was bad about getting dehydrated. I tried to drink water, but got bored with it. Then it wasn't uncommon to drink a 12 pack of coke a day, wake up in the middle of the night and down a whole coke, burp real loud and go back to bed.

Luckily all my problems with stones happened while I was in the Military so I didn't have to pay for the ER visits (well unless you consider sitting in pain for 4-7 hours in the waiting room payment). They did all kinds of tests to try and figure it out, I think after the 10th one they finally figured it all out and I tried to take steps to slow them down.

Ken

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2012 Nissan Juke - (hers)
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch
2006 Triumph America 900 - Full Dresser

January 2009 Grand Cherokee of the Month (GCOTM)
post #19 of 46 Old 03-28-2008, 07:59 PM
flame0086
1991 YJ Wrangler 

From the research I did, there are many different substances that kidney stones are made of. If you look at what not to eat, then you won't eat at all. I figured mine was from lack of varaity of food and lack of water. Dorm food sucked and I got use to eating the same types of foods because they were more tasteful. Also noticed that I was having pop with lunch and dinner, which is fine but I didn't drink liquid out side of meals.

So I ended up forceing myself to eat different foods, and have at least a glass of water with my meals. Living off campus is great because it is eaiser to eat different things, and water is cheaper than anything else.

100 mpg!! Western Washington Univeristy X-Prize Team
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Support Search and Rescue
Get Lost
post #20 of 46 Old 03-28-2008, 10:49 PM
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

1mm??? I only wish that mine were that small!! A 5mm has been fairly average, and, some of the babies I gave birth to have been close to 7mm. I don't even feel the 3mm ones anymore.

What I have found (for me) is that I need to stay away from calcium-rich foods / drinks. I also drink significant amounts of water to help push the really small ones through quickly. The moment I "feel" a stone growing inside, I immediately stop eating food and go on a "water diet" for a day .. then slowly add food to my diet .. still consuming large amounts of water. If I am fast enough with it, the stone passes without any pain.

I have some pictures around here of some of my "caught" stones .. I'll see if I can find them if you want ...

Hello, my name is Vance and I am a Jeepaholic.
Its better to be naked with your friends, than to be clothed with your enemies
Silver
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, zombie ready as the daily-driver

- - - - - - -
- - - - - - -
post #21 of 46 Old 03-28-2008, 11:17 PM
flame0086
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaeKid View Post
The moment I "feel" a stone growing inside, I immediately stop eating food and go on a "water diet" for a day .. then slowly add food to my diet .. still consuming large amounts of water.
I was afriad to eat food again after my first one

Get Lost
post #22 of 46 Old 03-28-2008, 11:27 PM
MattTheMudder
Ask Mr. Owl

1999 TJ Wrangler 

I drink a lot of milk. Am I screwed?

I used to drink a lot of dark sodas, but now I drink mostly water, juice, tea (guess that causes them too), lemonade and gatorade. A few cream sodas and sprites, then usually dark sodas when I eat out. I drink liquids a lot every day though
post #23 of 46 Old 03-29-2008, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
unsung

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well here he is, I am still trying to decide on a name.

Yes, those white spots are sharp, like little blades.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00497.jpg  
post #24 of 46 Old 03-29-2008, 08:21 AM
creature

2001 XJ Cherokee 

I had a stone when I was 17, but I was waaaay to high on painkillers to notice I even passed it. When the pain first hit my kidney though, it felt like something exploded in me.

I think my problem was I dated a few coffee shop chicks, I think it was all the free coffee that really did me in

-Shawn
post #25 of 46 Old 03-29-2008, 11:09 AM
flame0086
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsung View Post

I'm aching just looking at it I didn't bother to save mine, the health center never told me that it would help then figure out what the issues is

Get Lost
post #26 of 46 Old 03-29-2008, 06:45 PM
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsung View Post

Wow, your's have a lot more darkness than mine do, must be more calcium in it. Mine always have this tiny speck of black in them and then the rest is the same color as the lighter parts. I put mine under the microscope and it's crazy to see how many thinks are sticking out of those and how sharp they look.

Ken

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2012 Nissan Juke - (hers)
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch
2006 Triumph America 900 - Full Dresser

January 2009 Grand Cherokee of the Month (GCOTM)
post #27 of 46 Old 03-29-2008, 07:39 PM
mike481

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I have had 5 of them so far. I get one every 2 years. My first and last stones were very bad but my second stone took 2 weeks to pass!!!:br ickwall

As soon as I feel the knife in my kidneys I start chugging water to get the Bladder presure high and hopefully blow the bastard out.

Mine always remind of the floating mines from WWII.

Chuck- A better dog than I could ever deserve

RIP 4-14-2012
post #28 of 46 Old 03-29-2008, 10:02 PM
mike68
2004 TJ Wrangler 

GAH!!! this is soooo scary! ive always feared these things, and i hope i never get one!!

check out my club!
yellow jeeps club member #68
. ()()()()
./l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
post #29 of 46 Old 03-30-2008, 08:42 AM
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

The stone that I had the most fun with was stuck for 4 days halfway down the shaft ..

I tried drinking huge amounts of water - no movement.

On a Monday I was at the local Pick-a-Part and had to piss up a storm. Walked into the porta-potty and let loose. There was a very loud sound (clunk, as if a bolt landed on the plastic), I looked down, and, the stone was sitting there, all pretty. It looked very similar to Misery (shown above) .. and, when it was out, I felt so happy that my baby was born.

My boss at the time didn't believe I had a stone waiting to be born, so, I collected it and took it into work. I told him to hold out his hand and I placed my stone in it.

His face went from a very normal color to the forth-shade of white as he realized what he was holding. His hand was shaking as he handed it back to me and then said "I will never, ever call you a wimp again" It was followed by some other choice-words that I shall not repeat for fear of getting banned ( ) .. and I was back to work.

I think I gained a high level of respect that day. It was the last of the "really, really big ones" .. all the rest since then have been "comfortable"

Hello, my name is Vance and I am a Jeepaholic.
Its better to be naked with your friends, than to be clothed with your enemies
Silver
, zombie ready as the daily-driver

- - - - - - -
- - - - - - -
post #30 of 46 Old 03-30-2008, 04:53 PM
liberty_lurker

Actually, you guys are lucky... Ok, maybe not, but I have been getting them every few years, and they never pass. The pain is only taken care of by Morphine, and they always have to go in and get them. You never want that. They put you to sleep, and poke some kind of torture tool up in there and retrieve it, then you have to wear a hose and a bag for a week or two. Talk about pain and suffering.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.