Just got this Jeep. Want to sell. Have no idea what to ask for it. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Just got this Jeep. Want to sell. Have no idea what to ask for it.

Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippBLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 02-11-2014, 08:45 PM   #1
dani71177
1964 CJ5 

Just got this Jeep. Want to sell. Have no idea what to ask for it.

Hi. We just bought this Jeep (in sort of a trade),we would like to sell it but have no idea what to ask. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really know nothing about them. I will post some pictures. I still need to take inside pictures but it is not rusted at all inside. Has CB, radio, extra half doors and some sort of a rack. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

dani71177 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2014, 05:16 PM   #2
98muddyjeep
rockin lil red wagon

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Some basic info would be nice, lets start with a model name,Cherokee,wrangler,grand Cherokee,liberty?
Unread 02-12-2014, 07:11 PM   #3
AlTheKillerr

14,500 would be a good starting point
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2014, 07:16 PM   #4
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Nah i say 15,000 obo just to be safe. I mean he said it had a cb radio so id say its worth that at the least
JeepComanche89 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2014, 09:10 PM   #5
dani71177
1964 CJ5 

Ok. This is like the fifth time I am trying to send this. I didn't think the first post I did went through and reposted successfully on another thread. 1964 CJ5. Buick V6 engine. Odometer is stuck on 1. And I am a "she" not a "he"...cut me some slack
jeep-1.jpg   jeep-2.jpg   jeep-3.jpg  
Unread 02-13-2014, 06:51 AM   #6
98muddyjeep
rockin lil red wagon

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thats a nice looking cj why would you want to get rid of it,I am not up on current cj pricing but I think it may be near 8 grand maybe a bit more depending on overall condition and detail, but in sure you will get varying price quotes from others in different parts of the country. Clean rust free cj's on the east coast are a hard thing to find.good luck on the sale,wish I didn't drop a ton of money on a house or I would make you an offer.
Unread 02-13-2014, 07:00 AM   #7
nwiTJdave

Are you desperate to sell or can you hold out for a while? You can ask a few thousand more if you are willing to wait.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2014, 09:06 AM   #8
dani71177
1964 CJ5 

We are selling it because we have two little kids and have no intentions of driving it with them in it. We bought it to help one of our employees out that got a new job and needed the money to move. We bought it with the intentions of selling it. We are pretty ready to sell it since we put the money out for it already. We don't want to keep it just in storage We are in Nevada. Not really sure the best place to list it.
Unread 02-13-2014, 09:47 AM   #9
bobjp

If it's not the 1980's, there's only one reason people put diamond plate on corners and rockers...rust. You sure there's none back there?

I would start it at $5,000 on Craigslist and expect about $3,000.
Unread 02-13-2014, 09:58 AM   #10
dani71177
1964 CJ5 

No. I said there is no visible rust when you look inside. That is all I know. Not even sure what to look for. I want whoever is coming to look to know what they are looking for (I assume they will). I want to be as honest with them as I can. By looking at the inside it is solid. We are in a remote area, I can try Criags list but not sure who will drive out here to look at it lol. Thanks!
Unread 02-13-2014, 10:00 AM   #11
FourbyFour
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'd give you about tree-fiddy.

[QUOTE=DcMuff;10356365]P[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]REPOST[/COLOR][/SIZE]erous...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Dead_End;13002119]hurr durr I gots a truk[/QUOTE]
FourbyFour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2014, 10:12 AM   #12
bobjp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani71177 View Post
No. I said there is no visible rust when you look inside. That is all I know. Not even sure what to look for. I want whoever is coming to look to know what they are looking for (I assume they will). I want to be as honest with them as I can. By looking at the inside it is solid. We are in a remote area, I can try Criags list but not sure who will drive out here to look at it lol. Thanks!
I would crawl underneath and thoroughly check out the frame and the body for rust. CJ's are very prone to rust. Like I said, diamond plate was the go-to rust covering solution for Jeep owners so you may want to consider seeing what's behind it.
Unread 02-13-2014, 11:43 AM   #13
Balvar24
1979 CJ7 

List at $3500 for quick sale.
Unread 02-13-2014, 11:58 AM   #14
Truck633
GO ONE MORE!!

On looks alone, and the fact that you say it runs good.. It would fetch 4K here tomorrow!

Up here - we go by results, when you preached, people slept. When he flew, people prayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicated View Post
It's like dads new mistress. You hate her until you see her boobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionakana View Post
I bet the new bike riding monkey will pedal a lot faster!
Truck633 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.