Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Jim79CJ7 / Cetrov

774 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  CETROV 
#1 ·
hey man.. give me a call on my cell 805-443-5746 so we can arrange for that jobby on saturday. The stuff still hasnt arrived yet.. maybe tomorrow.. Kirk found a guy that will do me a 3 core rad for $170. but he needs to know in advance. Kirk mentioned that I might have to leave the jeep at your house while this guy is doing the radiator, perhaps i'll yank the rad another day at my house and bring it to kirk in another vehicle and pick the new one up (the guy needs the tanks off the old one for some reason) later so I wont have to arrange a ride.

let me know if there's any probs. I can do it at home if there's a sudden change in plans.

#3 ·
hey guys.. bad news.. the exhaust didnt show up today.. guess we wont be drinkin beer tomorrow... hah.. oh well guess i'll find something else to do.

#4 ·
bummer

Damn !
NOw what am I going to do with all this CARNE ASADA & BEER ?!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D

JIM :{>

#5 ·
I was just thinking.. if I go down to Van Nuys tomorrow and pick up that new radiator (oh yeah.. kirk.. found ready made 3-cores for $199, think it's worth $30 to not be w/o the jeep for a day or two).. we can do that at your place.. and have carne asada and beer afterwards.. :-D

lets see.. radiator, top and bottom hoses, clamps.. coolant, flush kit........ that might do it..

Of course.. we can always just shoot the **** and do diddly squat.. i've been trying to track down an alternator noise problem that just came up w/ the hookup of my MSD.. might be the ground.. going to check everything...

#6 ·
Defanitley could be a ground problem we should install chassis to body ground made from battery cable ( I HAVE Some at the house )
I had some serious Engine "wine" after I installed MsD 6A In the Jeep . Find out if you could Get radiator first And then give me a call On Cell . I'll be crashed out till 10:00 am Then I gotta go look at a ZJ for Momma in ENCINO.

Another thought on MSD is your tach hooked Up? When I called them they said some Jeeps require an adapter . Maybe just the old Jeeps like Mine ?

Talk to ya , JIM :{>

#7 ·
If your coming up- we could hit a quick run up that trail by the reservouir, not too long but a cool climb.

I'm at work till 3:00, takes me about 1:45 to get home if there is light traffic.

Let me know- use the cell.

Kirk

Oh yeah - lockers going in today.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.