JF...I would like to buy a CB Radio - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > JF...I would like to buy a CB Radio

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 01-25-2010, 03:15 PM   #1
FourbyFour
2006 TJ Wrangler 

JF...I would like to buy a CB Radio

I would like to purchase a CB radio..however I dont know ANYTHING about them.

Budget is $100

[QUOTE=DcMuff;10356365]P[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]REPOST[/COLOR][/SIZE]erous...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Dead_End;13002119]hurr durr I gots a truk[/QUOTE]
FourbyFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2010, 03:29 PM   #2
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

$36, shipped

Amazon.com: Uniden PRO510XL CB Radio: Electronics

Get a k40 antenna, bracket and cable at a local truck stop, cheaper there.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2010, 03:39 PM   #3
CJATE

get the Cobra 76XTR. I have the 75 Wx St.

the 76 is newer, cheaper and has a PA.

I like it as the "brine" is in the mic, it's only in the jeep when I need it. I got another power box and put it in my truck, so now 1 CB in both the truck and the jeep.

i don't consider cobra to the best or end all (any more) but I really like this unit for the jeep application. if you were putting it in a p/u or RV for long road trips it's not what i would suggest.
35's, fenders cut
bad paint
leaks just about everything
CJATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2010, 03:45 PM   #4
1996BlackXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
$36, shipped

Amazon.com: Uniden PRO510XL CB Radio: Electronics

Get a k40 antenna, bracket and cable at a local truck stop, cheaper there.
Get the 520XL, the RF adjustment comes in handy.
4.5" lift of assorted brands, 33x10.5 KM2s on D-Windows, JCR rear bumper, Nates Slimline w/Champion 8k winch, custom half doors, roof rack, and tire carrier, Maine Woods dents and pin striping, and various other cool things.
www.maine4x4.org Maine Jeep Club Member #1 Firefighter Jeep Club Member Black Jeep Society Member #163Survivalist Jeep Club Member #14
1996BlackXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2010, 04:12 PM   #5
Timothy_90
1998 ZJ 

I have a Uniden Pro 538W mounted under the dash where my left knee is, I like it a lot I mounted the antenna (wilson flex 4') in the taillight housing using a flat mount that I modified with a BFH. I paid a little a little more than you are looking to pay, but thats because I wanted a radio with weather bands and a PA (still haven't hooked up the horn though ).

My advice is to visit CB Radios & CB Antennas - Cobra, Uniden, Wilson, K40 & Firestik, the staff are very helpful and personal, they followed up with my order and everything was shipped and delivered promptly. Great company to deal with and there is lots of great information on the website.
Timothy_90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2010, 07:07 PM   #6
cmotsvt

http://www.rightchannelradios.com/
http://www.rightchannelradios.com/je...-cb-radio-106/
Its an online business but they have personal service. Andrew will fix you up right.
cmotsvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2010, 07:12 PM   #7
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996BlackXJ View Post
Get the 520XL, the RF adjustment comes in handy.
It has a PA speaker too, good idea

keep in mind that if you are wheeling with a group (always) you are only taling a very short distance so don't get carried away. Plus it will get bounced, broken or stolen.

I have a cobra 19 in my other truck that was about $35 as well but it's a lot bigger than the uniden.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2010, 07:00 AM   #8
Fett
Mechanically Declined

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmotsvt View Post
CB Radios & CB Antennas - Cobra, Uniden, Wilson, K40 & Firestik
Jeep & Off-Road CB Radio Kits
Its an online business but they have personal service. Andrew will fix you up right.
I just ordered the 75 WX ST kit from rightchannelradios.com. It came in the mail yesterday. Looking forward to installing it tonight! It's a great kit for the $$.

"When you honestly believe you can compensate for lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there's no end to what you can't do". www.despair.com
|_
|T|
Fett is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.