JF app blows - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > JF app blows

Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-road

Unread 12-20-2013, 08:22 PM   #1
Spladow
1998 TJ Wrangler 

JF app blows

Ok so my computer died and I got the JF app on my iphone.....but when i use the search, it brings up random bull that has nothing to do with what I'm searching for... What's the deal?

Spladow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #2
Spladow
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Does everyone's JF app act the same? Am I using it wrong? Is it the apple app? Or does it just blow?
Unread 12-20-2013, 09:36 PM   #3
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

It just blows. Crappy search, pictures always fail to upload, can't see any pictures people have posted blah blah. The Autoguide app is better but I haven't tried the search on it.
Moabrubi is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 09:41 PM   #4
Spladow
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I basically just refresh the current threads page till something catches my eye and I'll sometimes reply to it...... Can't even edit a post or else I would have had only 1 post in this stupid topic instead of 3. I think JF is a great place for all Jeepers of all kinds...but the app blows man. Haha the pics never load thats so true. I mean what's the deal here.?!?....
Unread 12-20-2013, 09:56 PM   #5
rebelbowtie
Frameless and Shameless

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spladow
I basically just refresh the current threads page till something catches my eye and I'll sometimes reply to it...... Can't even edit a post or else I would have had only 1 post in this stupid topic instead of 3. I think JF is a great place for all Jeepers of all kinds...but the app blows man. Haha the pics never load thats so true. I mean what's the deal here.?!?....
Why can't you edit a post?
image-1573960641.jpg

For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 10:01 PM   #6
Spladow
1998 TJ Wrangler 

When I try to edit my post, it fails to upload for who knows what reason. Honestly It don't bother me really on the editing posts drama, but the search function NEEDS to be addressed. I cannot, for the sake of mankind, find anything even related to what I'm searching for. It's a crying shame JF... A crying shame...
Unread 12-20-2013, 10:02 PM   #7
rebelbowtie
Frameless and Shameless

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spladow
When I try to edit my post, it fails to upload for who knows what reason. Honestly It don't bother me really on the editing posts drama, but the search function NEEDS to be addressed. I cannot, for the sake of mankind, find anything even related to what I'm searching for. It's a crying shame JF... A crying shame...
vB forum search also inherently sucks, Google works better.
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 10:35 PM   #8
Spladow
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I dunno what vB is, and Google seems to be the best option so far on my mobile device. I just wish Jeep Forum (JF) would make an updated, all around better JF app for the mobile user. come on JF! It's terrible.
Unread 12-20-2013, 11:11 PM   #9
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I don't understand these threads. I have 16,000 mobile posts, most of which have been edited and there are hundreds of other people's posts that I have also edited without a single problem. Oh, and half the time I run a monthly contest from my iPhone as well.

It comes down to the end user. Gotta be smarter than the phone.
Unread 12-20-2013, 11:23 PM   #10
Spladow
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman
I don't understand these threads. I have 16,000 mobile posts, most of which have been edited and there are hundreds of other people's posts that I have also edited without a single problem. Oh, and half the time I run a monthly contest from my iPhone as well. It comes down to the end user. Gotta be smarter than the phone.
How does the "search" feature work for you? Be honest, because it don't work worth a crap for me. That's basically my only complaint.
Unread 12-21-2013, 12:01 AM   #11
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

It works better for supporting members.
Unread 12-21-2013, 01:56 AM   #12
nwiTJdave

The autoguide app is 1,000,000 Times better. I recommend using it and not the jeepforum app

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2013, 01:58 AM   #13
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

I'd bet that a lot of these people are using the un-supported “Jeepforum” app and not the AutoGuide app.

AutoGuide does not own the app named “Jeepforum” and therefore can't change it or update it. The search on AutoGuide works decently well for me, on both AG forums I'm on.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.