Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

jeepin knives

4K views 64 replies 35 participants last post by  CooterBrown 
#1 ·
just wondering what other people keep in there jeep as far as knives go and thought i would show what i use. b/c not too many people seem to know of em. the first set is 3 myerchin knives. there made for proffessional mariners and have shackle keys built into most of them. thats what the cut out is in the handle of the bottom fixed blade knife. and most come with a marlin spike which is useful to no end. i use it for undoing shackles, knots, splicing wire-rope and even have used it as a punchto nock out stuborn pins, for jeepin i would think the folder would be the most useful, i have one in both jeeps and they run around 50 bucks,. i use the fixed blades at work. and love them. so for those of you who like a bigger knife theyre they are. i dont work for myerchin nor am i trying to sell them to you just thought i would show that they are out there and havent heard of any one keeping them for jeeping and i use mine all the time. and they are extremely well made knives.

and heres a cool little collectible knife by kershaw i found yesterday at the local sporting goods store in gaylord michigan. its really a functional knife its auto assist but kinda small for a utility type knife. but it was on sale. so i figured it was a must have

See less See more
#4 ·
I'd tend to think that a folding knife wouldn't be the best idea for use in Jeep related activities, solely because you'd get dirt and mud in it, so eventually it wouldn't fold/unfold too well

#26 ·
you bastard... I left you alone for three minutes! You scared the **** out of those people! Waving that g*d damned marlin spike around and yelling about reptiles. Youre lucky I came back in time. They were ready to call the cops.
-Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

#23 ·
LMFAO mark love the shank. still got some blood on it haha can you make some more im sure u got some metal left over from that lunch tray.

and the spike is for as i said before. untying knots, splicing line, splicing wirerope, or just poking w/e ur heart desires youd be surprised how many times you just need a metal fid to pry whatnots

#27 ·
Buck 110 and leatherman surge in the console, machete/saw behind the back seat, ka-bar in a tool bag with the recovery equipment, a craftsman utility knife in my toolbox, and a US army camillus swiss army style knife in the first aid kit. Plus the benchmade 940 I usually have in my pocket.

#29 ·
Great stuff:thumbsup:Here I thought I was just paranoid, My EDC is a CRKT Mirage, in the Jeep:Myerco speedster,Gerber Evo,Swiss Army,Med. & large Gerber Multi-tool, 38 Taurus w/speedloader,and finally a lead filled nightstick.
( I think that's all):cheers:

#42 ·
and heres a cool little collectible knife by kershaw i found yesterday at the local sporting goods store in gaylord michigan. its really a functional knife its auto assist but kinda small for a utility type knife. but it was on sale. so i figured it was a must have

I have the exact same model Kershaw. It's all black though, nothing special or "Jeep" about it. I've been carrying it everyday for about 6 years. Love it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.