The following are the "Rules" of JeepForum.com. These rules are not etched in stone and can be added to at any time without notice so please check back often. It is your job as a Member to know the up to date rules.
If you have questions about the forum please first consult the software FAQ or the JeepForum FAQ:
Forum Software FAQ: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/faq.php
JeepForum.com FAQ: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f6/fa...-2008-a-62731/
Golden Rule - Respect Yourself & Others
- Respect yourself and respect others, else you will be banned without warning and the ban will never be released.
Keep This A Family Forum
- Topics allowed include anything PG-13.(at moderators discretion) No X-Rated pictures, jokes etc. No racist remarks, gender remarks, nor sexual preference slams etc. You will be banned without warning. There will be no tolerance on this.
No Swearing or Flaming
- Swearing (including defeating the automatic censor) flaming, and slamming will not be tolerated. Posts that do not fall within the guidelines of this site will either be edited for content or will be deleted all-together. This is your only warning.
Defeating the Censor
Defeating the language filter (censor) will result in the post or thread being edited and the user banned. Do not alter words/letters to try and spell the word out. Let the censor do its job. Spelling something wrong is no excuse.
- There is a search function, use it often! ( http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/search.php
Do Not Pad!
- Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such. This only serves to clutter the forums.
Remember this rule to all those posting "First" and the like.
Locked or Deleted Posts
- If one of your posts is locked or deleted, please do not start another thread dedicated to why it was edited. If you have a problem with your post being locked or deleted, please send a private message to a admin/mod describing the problem.
No Defamatory, Political, Race Related or Sexual Preference Signatures
- Leave defamatory, political, race related and sexual preference comments out of your signatures and user titles.
No Drug or Illegal Related Posts
- Absolutely no threads promoting or condoning illegal drug use or illegal activities.
Multiple User Accounts
- Are not permitted. If you're found to have created more than one user account, any or all of your accounts are subject to banning and deletion.
No Other Website Questions
- Do not post about problems or questions with other websites.
No Promoting other Forums
- We will not allow JeepForum to be an advertising or recruiting ground for any other Jeep/4x4 related forum.
No Raffles or Donation Drives
- Do not use the forum to solicitate. Do not ask for monetary help from users. No raffles or donation drives unless Admin approved.
No Spam or Advertising Anything!
- Do not advertise your website/product or product/websites you are affiliated with in any way or shape. No marketing of commercial products without a Vendor account. If a post is deleted and labeled as advertising then we consider it advertising so please do not post it again.
No Private Message Advertising
- Spamming users using private messages will get you banned no matter who you are. Do not mass advertise through private messages.
Leave if You Don't Like It
- Leave the forum if you do not like the website. Staying here only to complain about how you do not like it will only get you banned.
Grow Some Thick Skin
- If you want to participate on an Internet forum then grow some thick skin. There are thousands of armchair quarterbacks ready to pick you apart. There is an ignore function through the forum software and in your head. Use it.
Help Keep This Forum Clean!
- Help us moderate the forum, on ever single message on the left side under the name of the person posting you will find an icon that looks like this: Clicking on that button will allow you to write a detailed message to the moderator (or if there is no moderator, to the administrators) as to why the message needs to be fixed. Please let us know if it is porn, spam, slamming another user or any other details you feel are relevant.