Jeep wave - JKers: do they ever wave? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Jeep wave - JKers: do they ever wave?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 01-25-2010, 02:26 AM   #1
VanBCguy
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Jeep wave - JKers: do they ever wave?

So I'm driving my dark green TJ on a 3 lane road the other day driving for a few blocks. I'm in the centre lane, a dark green 'Rokee is to the left of me and a dark green JK 4 door with "I'm a dirty 4 wheeler girl and "It's a Jeep thing - you wouldn't understand" stickers plastered all over the thing. It's as stock as stock gets. Stock, off the stealership wheels, tires, trim, clean as a whistle. Some young blonde bing-bing driving it.

All 3 of us come to a stop light and are beside each other. I look down at the 'Rokee driver and she looks back and smiles. I give my usual (and always present) Jeep Wave. I look right to the JK and look down to see the blonde early 20's bing-bing driver. Obviously the owner with the silly stickers she had plastered everywhere to make it seem as if she was a rock crawling, mud bogging, Everest climbing monster machine. Either way, I gave a friendly wave. The typical friendly Jeep Wave. And then...

The JK driver blonde bing-bing fingered me!!!

Oh my GAWD! Seriously? I got to thinking to myself: You have stickers plastered all over your JK to make it look as if you're part of the so-called "Jeep lifestyle" and wheel it like mad, yet it's stock. And CLEAN! I'm doing the everyday friendly Jeep Wave and you finger me? The first lady in the older 'Rokee even got it and she was just a "soccer mom". Were you p'ed at me that I have a TJ that sits on 4.5" RE's and has a long arm on 35 TrXus's and is quite obviously a very capable "go anywhere" 4 wheeler and you're stock?

Or is this just a sign of the times that the typical (not all, admittedly) JK owner is a Jeep Wave killer?

VanBCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2010, 05:31 AM   #2
pullmeout
2009 JK Wrangler 

I wave back but I have yet to give the jeep wave
Unread 01-25-2010, 05:35 AM   #3
Bane7962

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Sadly, this:

Gets more waves from JKs than from TJs or YJs in my area...

I know I'm not lifted super high yet, but I still drive an hour and a half to school 5 days a week, I dont want to be running anything bigger than 30's or 31's until I'm out of school...
Bane7962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2010, 05:37 AM   #4
SHANE73Z
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'll say in my neighborhood its about 50%. No offense to the JK guys, but it seems the newest Wrangler has expanded the demographic range of Wrangler drivers and some just havent got the memo.

Shane
SHANE73Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2010, 05:39 AM   #5
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bane7962 View Post
Sadly, this:

Gets more waves from JKs than from TJs or YJs in my area...

I know I'm not lifted super high yet, but I still drive an hour and a half to school 5 days a week, I dont want to be running anything bigger than 30's or 31's until I'm out of school...
Where you live in MD man? I feel like I've seen your rig b4 but i can't put my finger on it.

I have no probs getting waves from JKs Then again I only wave to the modded JKs unless a stocker waves to me first

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2010, 06:19 AM   #6
InfernoGirl
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I think they just didn't get the memo.... I have only gotten a wave from one JK, he's on the forum, and we went wheeling together..... But I keep waving

01 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L, auto Sienna Mine
07 2D Rubicon Flame Red His
InfernoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2010, 06:36 AM   #7
helicase50
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Never had a JK wave, I have waved while on the road but nothing. TJ's and YJ's around me always wave if they see you. I know most of the TJ drivers on my campus so I worry they only wave because it is me.

[COLOR="Purple"]Yes, I'm a girl, I drive a TJ and like to get it dirty. Yes, I like boys. Get over it. [/COLOR]
[COLOR="Purple"]Live Fun, Ride Fast, Die Pretty ~ Chic Riders M[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=vindicated;11072220]
Did I ever mention I loved you? :kiss:
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Sarahdactyl;11072442]Hey! That's my woman you're hitting on there! <:mad:>
[/QUOTE]
Be Jealous
helicase50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2010, 06:41 AM   #8
Green4dr
1998 XJ Cherokee 

is it acceptable for xjs to wave. i feel like if a jeep is covered in mud or lifted a bit its good enough for a wave. a lot of people who have xjs in my area are old grandmas so obviously the dont wave but i feel like if i get dirtier than most wranglers in my area i deserve to get a wave back.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/98xj-classic-springbreak-makeover-1344754
Green4dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2010, 06:52 AM   #9
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

I've experienced the opposite where I'm from...
The soccer moms here wave more than the TJ/YJ jeeps.
that being said, it isn't much different w/ the JK than it was in my YJ.
The Jeep chicks wave more than the guys in my area.:wa ve:
Unread 01-25-2010, 06:58 AM   #10
Jordon83
2009 JK Wrangler 

I wave, and usually only get waves back from other JK's, there is only one or two TJ's that wave and not a single YJ that will wave. One of the two TJ's is an older lady with a spot free yellow Wrangler. There is one TJ's around here that is slightly modified that has given me the WTF look when I waved.
Jordon83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2010, 07:05 AM   #11
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

The area that I'm from is rural and by now I've got the "snobs" identified, there is one guy here that buys jeeps that somebody else built, I don't think that guy is worth my effort to wave anymore..I've tried. What comes around goes around, some day I'll see one of 'em in a ditch, and I'll wave....as I go on by
Unread 01-25-2010, 07:05 AM   #12
richnev
2012 JK Wrangler 

I wave all the time, what I find is the Tj's wave the least I think it is some sort of inferiority complex but what do I know.... infact I think I get more waves in my JK then I did in my TJ and I wave at every wrangler and so does my 4 year old son

ARMY TEAM MEMBER #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ge2 View Post
I just make a BOOP BEEP sound with my mouth (really loud) as I walk away from the jeep, and point the key at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by her94yj View Post
lets put it a way a kids will relate......its like a hooker.......... SURE a 15 dollar handy from a detroit toothless 60 year old can get it done....... but NO where is it as nice as the $5000 an hour goddess from vegas or hollywood

....... dont be that fat guy on the beach in the speedo you dont want to be "that guy"
richnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2010, 07:15 AM   #13
wTheOnew
2008 JK Wrangler 

This topic is starting to resemble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordon83 View Post
I wave, and usually only get waves back from other JK's, there is only one or two TJ's that wave and not a single YJ that will wave. One of the two TJ's is an older lady with a spot free yellow Wrangler. There is one TJ's around here that is slightly modified that has given me the WTF look when I waved.
That's generally how my day goes. Bunch of waves from JKs and almost zilch from anything else. It's odd that the TJ people are the ones always giving us crap and yet they're the ones that I get the least return waves.
. .
wTheOnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2010, 07:34 AM   #14
chumpmann
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wTheOnew View Post
This topic is starting to resemble

That's generally how my day goes. Bunch of waves from JKs and almost zilch from anything else. It's odd that the TJ people are the ones always giving us crap and yet they're the ones that I get the least return waves.
Yup, when I drive my GF's TJ (4" lift and 33's) I get the same number of non-wavers as when I dirve my JK, and they are mostly other TJ's that are not waving....

Dont blame the JK, Blame the drivers that dont wave, and they drive ALL jeeps, not just JK's.....

ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dıןɟ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Other Jeeps...
1994 YJ - 2.5" RC lift, 31x10.5 BFG AT

Hers - '07 XK
chumpmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2010, 10:23 AM   #15
GPV
2008 JK Wrangler 

You are probably really ugly and scared her.......................somebody had to tell you sooner or later.

2008 Jeep JK Rubicon Unlimited (Bought for Wife)
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax (Work Horse)
1982 Honda CB 900F Supersport
2001 Honda RC51
GPV is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.