Jeep wave gone for good? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Jeep wave gone for good?

SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoFord Explorer 8.8 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Kit C Clip ElimStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 04-27-2009, 10:49 AM   #16
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

They don't wave to you because you made a stupid thread about the jeep wave.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2009, 11:33 AM   #17
liquidxit2
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
They don't wave to you because you made a stupid thread about the jeep wave.
Sombody give this guy some cool points....

Way to tarnish the Jeep community by breathing.
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 low output quadradrive. 31in General Grabber AT2, OME HD, bilstein 5100, IRO sway links, addco rear sway. Kolak 3in exhaust with flowmaster SUV 50, magnaflow 3in cat, Custom K and N FIPK, modded airbox with ram air, Fastman 71mm Throttle body, PML RFE Deep pan, Autometer digital trans temp gauge, P.I.E. aux adapter, Infinity reference 3.5/6x9/6.5, 200w inverter, surco rack, front/rear/cargo husky liners.
WJ Build!
liquidxit2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2009, 12:04 PM   #18
Floof
2005 WK 

Now that my WK is lifted and on 33s, I've started getting waves from wranglers and the odd CJ around town. Strangely enough, the xj/zj crowd doesn't wave back and just gives me dirty looks.. :shrug:
Floof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2009, 12:39 PM   #19
j33pman
1984 CJ7 

i was out this weekend with the top and doors off, only 1 wave was returned
http://www.schohariecountyjeepclub.org
j33pman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2009, 02:18 PM   #20
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidxit2 View Post
Sombody give this guy some cool points....

Way to tarnish the Jeep community by breathing.
Awesome, cool points, I was running low.

You obviously have been around long enough to know how annoying and overdone this topic is.

Seriously, no one cares. Just wave or don't, it's that easy. Don't cry when another jeep doesn't wave at you.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2009, 02:38 PM   #21
BOWMAN1911
2004 LJ Wrangler 

My Jeep's modded kinda heavy, according to the rules, unless the other jeep is modded heavier, or is an older model, the other guy is supposed to wave first. If the jeep fits any of these categories, I wave first. End of story.
Unread 04-27-2009, 02:41 PM   #22
ancestralworm
there will be crying

2000 TJ Wrangler 

i wave at dog walkers and pink vw bugs and michelle pfeiffer look-a-likes and folks dressed like harry potter and two person bikes and pissed off squirrels and butterflys and day lilies and jump ropers and hobos with shotguns but there is no way in hell i will wave at a liberty. that's just gay.
Black Jeep Society victim#19

"The Jeep is America's only real sports car" - Enzo Ferrari

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Ben Franklin
ancestralworm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2009, 02:42 PM   #23
BOWMAN1911
2004 LJ Wrangler 

^^^ More awesomeness was never spoken!
Unread 04-27-2009, 02:45 PM   #24
wilywillie
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJlady View Post
I wave when I drive the Jeeps....sometimes I wave when I'm in my "grocery getter"...lol. they look at me like I'm crazy
I do it out of habit when I'm driving the ambulance
wilywillie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2009, 02:47 PM   #25
corndogduff

OP: "no one waves at me because i drive a ****ty chrysler car that some marketing idiot slapped a jeep emblem on and called it a 'replacement' XJ "

everyone who drives REAL jeeps: :h ahaha:
UT Jeepcrew #13
NIGHTCREW
corndogduff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2009, 02:51 PM   #26
ThirdNcountin
2001 TJ Wrangler 

The Wave

In early 2000 I would get a wave 100% of the time....two years ago I would get waves in my CJ about 3 out of 5 times...and now in my TJ I might get 1 out of 5... My girlfriend used to laugh at me cause nobody would wave back, but now she gets mad when they don't wave. It's sad the new jeepers don't respect the tradition. I'm still waving.
ThirdNcountin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2009, 02:52 PM   #27
Eric06Rubi
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I wave at all vintage's of jeeps CJ,YJ,TJ,JK,and the occasional ZJ,WJ,KJ that has been lifted/ modded.

Just cause the top dosent come off dosen't mean they dont deserve a wave or they aren't a Jeeper too..

It's all fun and games till some guy parks his Jeep on top of your Honda.
Eric06Rubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2009, 02:53 PM   #28
TowMaster
1996 ZJ 

I drive a 96 ZJ, and I wave at most Jeeps. Theres a lot of girlies driving around in JK's and Commanders(don't know the letters), and fancy things like that that I tend to not waste my time with, as I also have never recieved away from any of them. I try to look at who's driving before I wave, if they look like they might understand, then I wave....but NEVER have I had someone initiate a wave.
NightCrew #125

Quote:
Why don't they have braille at drive-thru's?
TowMaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2009, 03:09 PM   #29
LeftOfCenterXJ
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric06Rubi View Post
I wave at all vintage's of jeeps CJ,YJ,TJ,JK,and the occasional ZJ,WJ,KJ that has been lifted/ modded.

Just cause the top dosent come off dosen't mean they dont deserve a wave or they aren't a Jeeper too..
Did you forget a group of Jeepers out there?? You know a group that are more VINTAGE than a ****ing TJ or KJ (no offence to TJ or KJ owners)?

Either way, to the OP: Don't get bent out of shape b/c someone with a Jeep didn't wave at you. Your KJ is borderline on being a Jeep (It qualifies in the fact that the nameplate says Jeep) and probably isn't very modified. I generally don't wave at anyone without modifications and I'm extremely unlikely to wave at a new gen "Jeep" i.e. commanders, compasses, libertys etc. Unless the other "Jeep" waves.

I mean no offence, but the occupants of those Jeeps usually aren't real Jeep owners. To modify an old addage: It's a Jeep thing and although they're in a Jeep, they don't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju
It makes your trolling more credible to be grammatically correct. Lets everyone know you're a legitimate troll, not just one of those poser trolls.
LeftOfCenterXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2009, 03:09 PM   #30
AFhockey31
2009 JK Wrangler 

i wave to... hookers... on over to my jeep
AFhockey31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.