Jeep Wave (full force) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Jeep Wave (full force)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineZone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and C

Unread 02-27-2006, 08:50 PM   #16
JeepRocks86
Some Call me RockDog

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I wave at all the TJs, CJs, Yjs, and other lifted trucks and Jeeps. I've found that Women almost never wave (no offence to any women out there). Just that most women around Louisville, don't wave, or are like why the heck are you waving at me.
Weird thing, i was driving my mom's nissan convertable, and some guy with the same car waved at me i was like what the heck THATS THE JEEP WAVE NOT THE NISSAN WAVE!!!

My TJ Build Thread.
www.kifourwheelers.com
For Sale:
TJ Rear Dana 44 shaftsfor sale
3 11"& 2 13" BBCS shocks

JeepRocks86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2006, 08:56 PM   #17
afguy
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepRocks86
Weird thing, i was driving my mom's nissan convertable, and some guy with the same car waved at me i was like what the heck THATS THE JEEP WAVE NOT THE NISSAN WAVE!!!
The Nissan wave is the limp wristed wave right?
Unread 02-27-2006, 08:57 PM   #18
Gecko61

My wife always thought I was strange with the whole Jeep wave thing. The other day she took the Jeep to run some errands and when she got back said that about 4 Jeeps waved to her.

Did you ever see this... http://www.dirtroadmagazine.com/jeepwave/

[URL="http://www.southernhighrollers.com"]Southern High Rollers 4x4 Club[/URL]
Gecko61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2006, 10:01 PM   #19
jzmtl
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I do it to other tj/yj/cj, don't bother with others unless they do it first, since most of the people drive those don't know about it anyway. I don't follow those points system in above post thou, thought it's too much of a pain in the ***.
jzmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2006, 10:04 PM   #20
PM Thor
Super Duper Guy

Location: Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour
this one guy didn't wave. So I turned around, sped up to catch him then ran him off the road.

That'll teach him.
Unread 02-27-2006, 10:08 PM   #21
keoki04
1997 TJ Wrangler 

My fiancee thinks the wave is funny! When we first started dating, she kept asking me if I knew each person that I waved too. I tried to explain to her about the wave, and she laughed and thought it was "silly" (her word). As time went on she saw fellow jeepers wave first to me sometimes. Now once in a while she will be funny and wave erratically with both hands and bounce on the seat like a little child (from the front passenger seat). The looks on fellow jeepers faces are usually all the same... They know about the wave so they laugh and wave back!!! Just thought I would share this little story.
Other mods to come...

My crazy dog!

Clicky You've gotta love days like this at work! Yes, I threw it...Clicky
keoki04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2006, 10:23 PM   #22
Otahyoni

ive been throught that site and others like it, but how do i find info about such things as teh msc's, i hae an MJ, kinda hard to take the top off(and put it back on if i did take it off) :lol: just wondering..... i plan on waving to every jeep i see and im hoping to get a few back.
Otahyoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2006, 10:39 PM   #23
Mista Toad
2001 TJ Wrangler 

my business partner had to borrow the Jeep for some errands today. I told him about the wave and how it's his responsibility to wave to keep me from looking bad.

By this what i mean is most people waving will remember the Jeep more than the person inside. you only have a few seconds to take in the other Jeeper's setup...wheel size, estimated lift height, what kind of bumpers, lights, winches...etc...

...so I dont want to get the reputation of being that snobby gunmetal blue 4.0 in south austin who's too good to wave at fellow Jeeps.

Warn 9.5ti
ARB bull bars
TKH-Fab rear bumper
32 BFG ATs on AR Teflons
Mista Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2006, 10:44 PM   #24
Mista Toad
2001 TJ Wrangler 

my business partner had to borrow the Jeep for some errands today. I told him about the wave and how it's his responsibility to wave to keep me from looking bad.

By this what i mean is most people waving will remember the Jeep more than the person inside. you only have a few seconds to take in the other Jeeper's setup...wheel size, estimated lift height, what kind of bumpers, lights, winches...etc...

...so I dont want to get the reputation of being that snobby gunmetal blue 4.0 in south austin who's too good to wave at fellow Jeeps.

Warn 9.5ti
ARB bull bars
TKH-Fab rear bumper
32 BFG ATs on AR Teflons
Mista Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2006, 11:24 PM   #25
94YJ H.O.

I get a wave back every now and then, but it's mainly from YJ's or CJ's. I guess the TJ drivers around here are too civilized

I think it's definitely something we need to keep up, especially with the way DC is steering Jeep, it will be one of the few parts of the Heritage left.

I am thinking about getting a sticker for the front bumper that says "Wave Back Dammit!"

My NEW [url="http://www.rigrater.com"]RigRater[/url] Score: 406RRv1.0 with a BOA of 31.60
94YJ H.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2006, 05:22 AM   #26
Otahyoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94YJ H.O.
I am thinking about getting a sticker for the front bumper that says "Wave Back Dammit!"
now there is a good idea! make sure it big enough so oncoming jeeps can see it!
Otahyoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2006, 05:42 AM   #27
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I get two out of three waves in my area.

Last weekend I waved at a Jeep with a lot of chrome, then realized it was some young punk (no offense to punks with a lot of chrome!). He didn't wave back, and my wife told me he didn't deserve a wave.

It is rude not to get a wave back.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2006, 09:24 AM   #28
BigYellaJeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Miss America waves for me in the passenger seat. Well, she's always waving so I don't have to worry about forgeting to wave at a Jeep.
Red Jeep
1st Jeep: '86 CJ-7 (I miss her)
BigYellaJeep
BigYellaJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2012, 10:00 AM   #29
predat
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie View Post
I didn't get a wave today...
nobody ever pays me in waves

that commercial just popped in my head lmao. I wave to all Jeep lookin things. You TJers hardly return it though. Gonna get o e of those foam nbr 1 fingers to do the wave.
Unread 05-13-2012, 10:02 AM   #30
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

My god. 6 year bump.........

Whats the world coming to??

Colbert 2016!
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.