Jeep wave - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Jeep wave

Jeep Gear & Install Packages!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Closed Thread
Unread 11-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #1
anger57

Jeep wave

Hey all, I have just been wondering if I'm ugly or the drivers of the new jeep wranglers with the newer body styles are just angry.

I own a jeep TJ wrangler 03. So when I'm driving I give they jeep wave to the older model jeeps and they give me the wave back but not the newer models. Is this the end of the wave or is it just me, anyone else getting no jeep wave from the new jeeps?

anger57 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #2
NonRubicon
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Ah, another wave thread.

The Jeep wave tradition arose not from an externally directed decree that Jeep owners should wave to one another. It rose from Jeep owners waving to one another as a sign of recognition, friendliness and kinship.

Food for thought:

1.) You have to know about the "Jeep wave" to recognize one from some person just motioning in your direction. Not everyone knows about the "Jeep wave". The wave is unofficial, it is more of a club which you join by word of mouth.
2.) You have to want to participate in the wave. Some people know about it, but don't care about being in the "wave club". Some people just have bad days and don't feel all chipper enough to wave.
3.) You have to see a wave to be able to return the wave.
4.) Sometimes there are much more important things to be concerned with on the road than waving at other people who are driving Jeeps.

So, wave to show friendliness and Jeep kinship. If the other driver recognizes your wave and returns it then you just met someone in the "club". If you don't get a wave in return don't get your panties in a bunch.

Just enjoy your Jeep.
NonRubicon is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2013, 04:50 PM   #3
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I don't wave at Jeep owners who start Jeep wave threads.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is online now   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2013, 04:57 PM   #4
Sandhara
1999 TJ Wrangler 

soccer moms in jku's don't care about the jeep wave (in general).

and x2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ View Post
I don't wave at Jeep owners who start Jeep wave threads.

Im sorry, some times i drink and post stupid comments.
Sandhara is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2013, 05:18 PM   #5
4x4jkx
2012 JK Wrangler 

I only wave to jeeps with model year digits that add up to a prime number during the day precluding a full moon between the hours of 1648 and 2126.
4x4jkx is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2013, 07:31 AM   #6
Cause
WHAT !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anger57 View Post
Hey all, I have just been wondering if I'm ugly or the drivers of the new jeep wranglers with the newer body styles are just angry.

I own a jeep TJ wrangler 03. So when I'm driving I give they jeep wave to the older model jeeps and they give me the wave back but not the newer models. Is this the end of the wave or is it just me, anyone else getting no jeep wave from the new jeeps?
1) yes, you are ugly
2) yes, it is just you, no one likes you
Cause is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #7
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

I am sick of the stupid wave threads this is the 3rd one I have came across today I will lock everyone I see from here on out !
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.