Jeep vs Explorer - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Jeep vs Explorer

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*

Unread 01-29-2008, 11:11 PM   #46
5.9 ANDY
zj tractor

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopod
Plus I highly doubt the IFS in an exploder is up to the task of prerunning
I completely disagree with your point, i have a 98 5.0 V8 exploder, and i had it with a 3in lift for a while (fatty ad a leaf, and maxed ot the T-bars up front) it rode like ****, but that thing had wings!!! i jumped it a height of 4 feet, and a lenght of about 20 feet a few times, it was fine.

now, i recomend you friend NOT get an exploder, the lift kits for them are crazy expensive, like 2000 dollars for a 4".

ill add a few pics of my sploder in a sec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift_grind View Post
It's threads like this that make me wonder why people lift there jeeps
its comments like this that make me wonder why some people are jerks.

build thread:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...ndard-1056365/
5.9 ANDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2008, 11:15 PM   #47
.Jch.
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.9 ANDY
I completely disagree with your point, i have a 98 5.0 V8 exploder, and i had it with a 3in lift for a while (fatty ad a leaf, and maxed ot the T-bars up front) it rode like ****, but that thing had wings!!! i jumped it a height of 4 feet, and a lenght of about 20 feet a few times, it was fine.

now, i recomend you friend NOT get an exploder, the lift kits for them are crazy expensive, like 2000 dollars for a 4".

ill add a few pics of my sploder in a sec.
while they are more expensive you can still find reasonably priced lifts, i did not pay nearly that much for my lift.
[U]OllllllllO[/U][/B]
[SIZE="1"]2006 Unlimited[/SIZE][/CENTER][/SIZE]
[center][B]Black Jeep Club V2.0 Member #2006
[URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/LJ_Owners"]LJ Owners, join the group and click here.[/URL][/B][/center]
.Jch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2008, 11:57 PM   #48
JeepMKcomin
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Here's my 2 cents (assuming you have a rebuilt transmission put in the explorer that eliminates it's exploder nickname):

Mud: Explorer
Rocks: XJ
Sand: XJ
Road: Either
JeepMKcomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2008, 07:24 AM   #49
dopod
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.9 ANDY
pics or it didn't happen.
dopod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2008, 10:41 AM   #50
That1guy
2007 WK 

Ok I had an explorer for 3 years. If you wanted to get one for wheeling get a 91-94. I had a 94 sport. Had manuals hubs and kept up with a stock xj. Lift kits arent expensive for this model. A 5 inch lift is only about 600 bucks. It does a soa swap on the rear and lift the front. The front has coils on these models. The dana 35 is fine on a front application. you can even get these with a 5spd.

Their are after market for the early ones because they shared the bronco II suspension. Anything from 95+ isnt a good wheeler.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.