Jeep tools - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Jeep tools

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 08-25-2013, 05:00 PM   #1
ScruffMcGruff
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep tools

What tools do you carry in your Jeep? Where and how do you store them? Do you carry different tools when off-roading?

ScruffMcGruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 05:08 PM   #2
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

200pc tool set with 1/4", 3/8", 1/2" drive sockets, wrenches and some screwdrivers. Usual duct tape, zip ties and fluids.

Stored in this; along with all recovery gear and first aid kit.

WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 05:52 PM   #3
ScruffMcGruff
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Wow... that's incredible. Did you make that yourself?
ScruffMcGruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 05:56 PM   #4
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Thanks.

Made it myself, took a day and was about $125 all told.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 10:47 PM   #5
holliewood61
1981 CJ7 

no pic right now but I modified a bestop yj instatrunk and installed it in my cj. I keep all manner of sockets standard and metric 3/8 and 1/2 inch drive. a fixed head and flex head in each size and extensions. pry bars, screw drivers, pliers, a couple hammers, chisels, and punches. a dewalt drill, and 3/8 impact. half inch electric impact. and a vice I rigged onto a piece of 1/4 inch plate welded to a length of 2x2 square so I can mount it into my receiver. im kind of the trail mechanic when we go out. everything fits into the trunk except the vice, ive yet to make a permanent mount inside the jeep.
holliewood61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 12:32 PM   #6
Dngrs1
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post
200pc tool set with 1/4", 3/8", 1/2" drive sockets, wrenches and some screwdrivers. Usual duct tape, zip ties and fluids.

Stored in this; along with all recovery gear and first aid kit.

Where's the Duct tape??????
EDIT: Oh wait. Now I see it. In the straps. Good job on the storage compartment.
Unread 08-26-2013, 06:02 PM   #7
squarelite
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Don't forget electical tools and connectors, snap ring pliers (a pair for each direction), BFH, small hammers, hack saw, punches, drill and bits, files, flashlight, lots of rags, hand cleaner, small wrenches for u-joint fasteners, pick set, etc.... I could probably go on all day.
squarelite is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.